[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does geography matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20160718_152533.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_152533.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Why does geography matter?
>>
>>1431896
>darling harbour
sydney is my home and i miss my home. fuck man your pic floored me.

also, wtf kind of question is this? why does the study of earth's surface and the human habitat matter to people who live on it? really?
>>
Because if you're lucky you will have access to trade routes, natural resources and soil that's good enough to support (and expand) your population size.
>>
>>1431906
Debate with a friend. Aside from that, why not just come back?
>>
>>1431993
i tope the whole story out once and because it's tiring to type, so i just copy-pasta'd it in case i had to get into it again and here we are. so here it is in a nutshell.

>be me
>grow-up in small shitty rural town
>good friends, family's not totally evil (not totally anyway) but there's one problem
>even the nicest person here hates gays
>after years of internal torment i come to terms with it
>go off to college
>struggle with meeting people who are OK with it
>after college move overseas, to totally get away from everyone and finally try to be me
>get a job that's horrible
>the job ruins my life, begin to get depressed and clinical burnout
>quit and have to return, to that fucking town
>trying to get a job, nobody would give me a good position because no regard for overseas work eperience I had
>get fed-up after a couple years ad decide to go back overseas, MAKE IT WORK NO MATTER WHAT, and stay forever
>decide to do a 2yr masters degree to guarantee myself a visa
>go back, toil like hell - study full-time and work full-time simultaneously
>happy though, getting my life together, never let myself get depression again
>meet the most beautiful guy ever
>my life is finally set.jpg
>finish my degree
>that same day i finished, the gov't changes the visa rules - no longer offering the visa i spent $100k and 2 years attaining
>hire immigration lawyer
>spend thousands trying to solve this disaster
>eventually lawyer concedes that only hope is to get my BF to sponsor me on a relatinship "de facto" visa
>approach him about it
cont...
>>
>>1431993
>>1432006
...cont

>he freaks, totally betrayed because he believed i had everything figured-out and it was goin to be good
>in order for us to qualify for that visa they interview friends and family about us to confirm our relationship
>we'd have to live together too
>sadly his family is exactly like mine
we listened to this album the last night i saw him. his head on my chest in a pool of tears. i think we both fell asleep as this last song played-out. the next day he had unfriended me on facebook and within a few weeks i had to return to the nightmare of my shit home town with fucking absolutely nothing
>>
>>1432011
oops forget about all that album stuff... was in regards to the conversation i first typed this out for
>>
>>1432011
Shit dude, how's life now?
>>
>>1432140
things are complete shit. i'm trying to figure something out that won't fuck me over even more. right now i stay with family part time and sleep in my friend's basement part time. my debt situation has me fucked and i'm not sure what to do. there isn't even public transportation in my town so i can't even afford to get a real job because getting a car or renting a place to live isn't viable, and i'm about 2hrs from the nearest city. i got a part-time job in the city last year and i commuted 5-1/2hrs a day, for $14 an hour. i had to quite because i couldn't afford to go to work, half my paycheck was the train tickets and i still had to organize a ride to and from the train station at 5am and 7pm
>>
Because how human societies construct society represents the anxieties and thought patterns they have adopted and how social narratives are shaped
>>
>>1431896
It influences how people move and act, which is the foundation of both society and history.
>>
>>1432180
where the fuck do you live
>>
>>1432330
not where my home is anon, that's all i have to say about it. and it's in the countryside in a shitrural town.
>>
I was in Sydney just recently

The harbor knocked my socks off. A masterpiece of city-meets-nature
>>
>>1431896
Because if you're in a cold ass crack of a country you're never going to progress beyond "what am i going to eat and how the fuck am i supposed to stay warm during the 8 month winter."
>>
>>1432180
OP back again. So is Australia your birth country or you real home?
>>
>>1433214
no, I just spent the most important years of my life there. worked hard, got my higher education there, followed all the rules and sacrificed dearly to "immigrate legally", and really earned my visa. but then they fucked me over. in total i lived there about 5 years, and to me it's most definitely home
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.