[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What role did Jews play in Rome's decline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What role did Jews play in Rome's decline?
>>
>>1427469
They came up with Christianity which divided the empire and they would constantly chimp out in Egypt and Judea. Rome also caused the greatest butt hurt in all of history by naming the province Palestine.
>>
Everything. Jews did Rome and everything else. Jews are the reason I dropped a shit and it touched my right nut this morning. Jews are the reason I'm so tired and the reason bugs get in the swimming pool. Fuck them.
>>
File: vespasian-1.jpg (80KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
vespasian-1.jpg
80KB, 900x750px
>>1427630
Did someone mention Jews?
>>
>>1428319
>tfw you're trying to be sarcastic yet everything you said is true
>>
Pretty much nothing. Ignoring the Gibbonian 3 centuries out of date ideas about Christianity killing the Empire, the Jews were completely shat on during their revolts and posed no threat to the Empire by Late Antiquity. They were just one of hundreds of different peoples within the Roman Empire.
>>
>>1427469
Given that Jews and Judaism became a non-factor after the Bar Kokhba revolt, which occurred long before the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, I'd be inclined to say that the Jews had no impact whatsoever on the fall of the Roman Empire.
>BUT MUH CHRISTIANITY WAS INVENTED BY JOOZ!
Even if we accept that Christianity played a role in the decline and eventual collapse of the WRE, one must keep in mind that Christianity, although it originated from a Jewish cult, was already a religion quite seperate from it by the time it was adopted as the official state religion. Keep in mind that Jews viewed Jesus as a heretic and were not particularly interested in its development after its adherents elected to lift the circumcision and dietary rules on Gentile converts.
>>
>>1428513
>>1429293
How is Edward Gibbon wrong and explain how Christianity did not play a significant role in the decline of the Roman Empire?
>>
Funding.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.