[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am studying degree in history, How poor will I be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

30 subjects, good quality university and public!
>>
History isn't like STEM where your degree defines your job, you can do basically anything you want that requires critical thinking.

Also use the phrase "critical thinking" in every job interview you will ever have.
>>
There are plenty of lower end of white collar jobs that will hire you with a Bachelor's degree in anything. Quit buying into the myth that your degree is a guaranteed career pattern.
>>
>>1405753
>Also use the phrase "critical thinking" in every job interview you will ever have.

No, no, there are some places where you don't. Are you applying to do back end clerical work? To do manual labor? Then don't use the word "critical thinking" unless it's a service project designed to lead into a career.
>>
>>1405754
I do not think that dude, living in the third world proves that ^_^
>>
>>1405749
Argentinian here. I don't know how is in other countries, but here is a death-in-favelas-how-teacher tier career. I know cause I graduated how historician last year and I can´t found even a misserble job like sustitute teacher. Not even thinking in white collars job in public administartion, with the current goverment is impossible. I´m seriously thinking in emigrate or prepare to a not relacionated job.
>>
>>1406355
"How" is a question word, in this case you should write "as a historian".
>>
I was surprised to hear recently that (in Canada at least) history degrees apparently make up something like 20% of mid to high level government jobs, which isn't half bad considering they're like 2% of the degrees.

Chances are you won't get a high paying job in your field (the odds of you getting a job at a museum or a professor are pretty damn low), but if you're competent and network well you'll make a living no problem, especially if you live in some government center looking for bureaucrats. The meme that history students are unemployable isn't really true, the skills you get have a broad utility for research and analysis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.