[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Stalin care about his Georgian roots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Did Stalin care about his Georgian roots?
>>
I didnt know Stalin was from America
>>
>>1400347
Yeah, he chewed tobacco and kept black slaves at his homestead
>>
>>1400347
He liked to pretend he didn't (Stalinism was all about Moscow-led Moscow-centred world commie domination) but he did. He liked his Georgian foods, and he showed some prefernce to Georgians. He was also an extremely paranoid person though, so he wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone gaining too much influence outside his control...
>>
He didn't even care about this son
>>
>>1400347

He extended the borders of Georgia, and kept his love of Georgian music and poetry all his life. But he was a psychopath, the only thing he really cared about was himself.
>>
>>1400347
Other than keeping some Georgian buddies around, not really. He had major respect for Slavic culture and tried to create a greater Soviet identity based on Russian traditions.
>>
>>1402699
Stalin's refusal to save his son actually came out of patriotism and compassion rather than any poor feeling toward Yaakov.

His logic was that, "Millions of fathers are missing millions of sons. How would they feel if I got to see my boy but they didn't?"

Stalin was also hugely committed to keeping up appearances. Stalin, as seen by both the masses and the governing elite, was a fiercely egalitarian ascetic who would never let personal bias or sentimentalism compromise his ideals.

And if Stalin was no longer Stalin, what would this mean for the entire Soviet system?
>>
>>1400347
Commies don't believe in nations.
>>
>>1400347
In a sense, his handling of the nationalities crisis would suggest he didn't, but there were certain elements throughout his life which stemmed from his Georgian heritage. He didn't really care for vodka, and much preferred Georgian orange wine, apparently.
>>
>>1400347

Nationalities are a political construct made to divide us, comrade.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.