[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power of the Church

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Francis.jpg (26KB, 568x405px) Image search: [Google]
Francis.jpg
26KB, 568x405px
How much power does the Catholic Church have?
>>
>>1400326
Less than the jews. They have the upper hand in the Religious Pod race
>>
If the pope openly called for another crusade how many troops would he be able to put together?

Not very many.
>>
Little explicit political power, plenty of economic power and the ability to influence beliefs and attitudes of the weak and powerful.
>>
Irrelevant.
>>
>>1400365
>plenty of economic power

How so?
>>
File: StPeterStatue.jpg (920KB, 1833x2400px) Image search: [Google]
StPeterStatue.jpg
920KB, 1833x2400px
All the power, but morons can't even see it.
The church has the keys of heaven.
Countries, religions, international organizations, philosophies, languages, cultures, etc... all these things come and go, but the Church will ALWAYS be there.
>>
It no longer prides itself on being a powerful worldly institution. The most influence it has are the personal leanings of the pope, never in too much contrast to the status quo, and the ideas they spread when they proselytize and do charity work for poorer nations.
>>
>>1400420
Reason: because it's the only institution founded on the Truth, and other things are founded on necessities, squabbles, money, etc...
>>
File: CatholicChurch.jpg (59KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
CatholicChurch.jpg
59KB, 960x639px
>>1400326
>>
>>1400436
Me too, but the church is not a club.
If you think the church is a "club" you shouldn't even be there at first place.

Also, I think the main reason people hate pedophilia today is because the Church taught them was wrong, isn't it?
>>
>>1400449
oh boy it's a
>the only good ethics in society are christian ones
episode

as if nobody else in history disliked pederasty
>>
>>1400461
>the only good ethics in society are christian ones
Yes. "Being good" and "being christian" basically mean the same thing to my ears.
>>
It has some power in the third world. For example, the Vatican stopped an incoming war between Argentina and Chile in 1978.
>>
Look up the Jesuit oath
>>
>>1400420
The church is Satan's greatest tool
>>
>>1400847
this
>>
>>1400847
>>1400879
Of course it is, because it is also God's greatest tool. Only mediocre people hate the Church.
>>
>>1400981
It is the whore of Babylon.
>>
>>1400342
Probably a shitton of Latin Americans and Africans actually
>>
>>1402217
>Latin Americans and Africans

Lmao, what are they gonna do, sail across the pacific? Plus I bet they'd be less organized than the original crusaders and get btfo'd
>>
>>1402234
I imagine if a crusade was called the Church would pay for transport
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.