[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

damn...really makes you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 6223.jpg (42KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
6223.jpg
42KB, 700x350px
damn...really makes you think
>>
I think there's a way in which this makes more sense than you may think.
>>
>>1376197
He's right you know
>>
stupid. How old is the child and how conditioned is he? You can make a kid believe anything
>>
>>1376248
And you can also shock a child with anything, defending on the way that you describe it.

Tried to explain homossexuality to my 5 years old brother, because he was being homophobic, and he considered it the weirdest shit.
>>
>>1376197
So a system of religion that literally believes in Santa Klaus is reasonable, but a system of belief that construction workers get to use construction equipment is patently absurd?
>>
File: 1399942095603.jpg (30KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1399942095603.jpg
30KB, 500x254px
>>1376197

:^)
>>
>>1376263
Isn't this just an Ad Hominen?
>>
>>1376197
And why is that?
>>
>>1376253
He's right you faggot enabler
>>
>>1376273
Because according to meme philosophers, children are the epitome of wisdom.

Why? Because they're cute or something I guess.
>>
>>1376282
It was kind of hilarious. On our house we never said anything bad about homossexual people, but he got repulsed.
>>
2/3rds of the things of the planet will outright traumatise a kid, so....how is this an argument?
>>
>>1376307
It isn't...I think that the thread is for meanless famous phrases like >>1376263 and OP.
>>
>>1376253
This is the cringiest shit I've read. Kill yourself /lgbt/
>>
>>1376197
Real life would shock the mind of children. Is reality not real now?
>>
>>1376197
Kids are stupid and I can't understand people who tries to make them pure creatures with some kind of innocent wisdom. Why do they need to be educated by adults then? Why aren't they allowed to vote?
>>
>>1376271
It's a reality and a good advice, no need to lose your time. It's only ad hominem if you use it in a conversation to show the other how wrong and stupid they are (no matter if they are or not stupid).
>>
>>1376343
It doesn't say any knowledge that shocks the mind of a child, it says any system of religion. Religious people will often say that their religion or interpretation of God is obviously or intuitively true, and that anyone who disagrees is obviously just in denial. If it really is a simple, universal, and intuitively obvious truth, then any child should be able to understand it easily without cultural coaching.
>>
File: 1436303433606.png (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436303433606.png
27KB, 500x500px
>>1376263
Laughing at this spookster right now.
>>
>>1376374
Perhaps non-revealed religions, yes. Though most of those even claim that one does not gain full insight without great effort and mental or spiritual training. But who with a revealed religion (e.g. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, , etc.) believes their religion to be intuitively and obviously true? At best they claim that the existence of god and certain moral/ethical/cosmological principles are intuitively true.

In fact, I struggle to think of any religion other than the most basic deism, pantheism, or animism that would claim their views to be obviously or intuitively true, even to the mind of a child.
>>
>>1376197
Life contains struggle and misery. It also contains happiness and goodness.
The bible represents that.
>>
>>1377561
>But who with a revealed religion (e.g. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, , etc.) believes their religion to be intuitively and obviously true?
You've never heard the claim from those groups that detractors already agree with them but are just in denial? There are multiple Bible verses specifically about that, and the Quran goes into detail about how everyone knows in their heart about Allah and are just rebelling.

The necessary impication is that their religions are obviously and intuitively true.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.