[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help Identifying a Painting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

As the title goes, I'd like a hand with identifying the title of a painting.

I believe it depicts a man clutching a dead or wounded person, facing in the general direction of the viewer. The dead person is to the viewer's right of the main subject.

In a (perhaps superficial) colour palette and stylistic way, it reminds me of Saturn Devouring, shown here. Especially, the prominent eyes, but while Saturn looks animalistic, the subject I'm looking for looks despairing.

I also believe that the face is more detailed than Saturn's, but I could be misremembering.

I'm not even certain about the composition of the painting.
>>
File: REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan.jpg (837KB, 2992x2328px) Image search: [Google]
REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan.jpg
837KB, 2992x2328px
>>1350557
This? It's Ivan the terrible and his son, whom he had killed
>>
>>1350557
I think you are talking about Richard Upton Pickman's work. Guys pretty based.
>>
>>1350565
YES

THANK YOU SWEET CHRIST
>>
So in retrospect, I think it's interesting that my memory was largely shaped by the blood on skin, the prominent eyes, and the dark background, and that I simultaneously remembered nothing about the scene as a whole, not even the disheveled furniture.
>>
File: Last_Crusader.jpg (1MB, 1750x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Last_Crusader.jpg
1MB, 1750x1724px
>>1350565
Such a great painting
>>
>>1350557
Wait, OP, did you ever play TF2?
>>
>>1350557
You're looking for Ilya Repin, Ivan the Terrible.

You should kill yourself for being a literal meme however, unless you were trolling in which case 8/10.
>>
>>1350583
What surprizes me the most is that, without even knowing that the painting was about Ivan murdering his son, you (unwillingly?) compared it to Saturn eating his sons in a most sweet metaphor.
>>
File: devouringson.jpg (122KB, 631x576px) Image search: [Google]
devouringson.jpg
122KB, 631x576px
>>1350557
>>
This is a meme painting and you should feel bad, OP.
>>
File: Rubens_saturn.jpg (30KB, 320x666px) Image search: [Google]
Rubens_saturn.jpg
30KB, 320x666px
>>1350557
That is Francisco Goya-Saturn Devouring His Son.
<---here, the Rosseau version of it
>>
>>1350952
unwittingly
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.