[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Soviet Union and other 20th century Marxist-Leninist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Stalin hates everyone here.gif (475KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin hates everyone here.gif
475KB, 499x374px
Was the Soviet Union and other 20th century Marxist-Leninist states merely Positivist states without the economic imperialism?

I've been working on this question for the last day or so, since I started thinking about it.

>Concept of a Government of Experts planning the future of the country
>Building up industry
>Transitioning a "backwards" country to modernity

The real difference is that the Latin American countries that adopted Positivist governing tactics around the same time were reliant on Western businessmen to build the industry in a system where much of the wealth leaves the country, the state control of the means of production kept that money in the country and led to the government lasting longer than some of the ones in Latin America. But in the end much of what the Soviets did was Positivist.

(The same thing can be said about the PRC, Cuba and Vietnam especially)
>>
>>1312985
Nothing wrong with foreigners investing. Sure they get the profits but you get to use/buy whatever they invest in which you didn't have the option to before. Now if you have a banana republic where they control the state that's bad, but the same could be said for any group holding the state not just foreign investors per se.
>>
>>1313007
I'm not making an opinion on any ideology, this is merely a thesis, not a judgment on Leninism or Positivism or Stalin, just something I'd do for a Master's thesis if I were to go to grad school for Russian history (I'd focus on the early Soviet Union likely as the early 20th century and ideology are two things I'm really into
>>
>>1313007
>being this defensive for capitalism that any discussion on development is seen as an attack on your ideology

class cuckery knows no bounds
>>
>>1312985
I'm not sure what you mean by positivist, here. Could you clarify?
>>
>>1313948
>Vigilantly on the lookout for potentially subversive memes
>Ok, "class cuckery" looks like it's got legs, lets sink it
>Make sure to respond to a reasonable informative post about capitalism with the term to make it look dumb
>Rinse and repeat
Teach me your ways
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.