[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Sun worship has a prominent, long and storied history,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: full-moon-1920x1440_pixabay.jpg (203KB, 1440x1177px) Image search: [Google]
full-moon-1920x1440_pixabay.jpg
203KB, 1440x1177px
I know Sun worship has a prominent, long and storied history, but what about Moon worship?

Has it always occupied a subordinate position?
>>
>>1287917
I think Islam considers moon worship to be superior.
>>
>>1287945
How?

The Arab calendar is based on the phases, but all forms of paganism and idolatry are the ultimate sin
>>
>>1287951

>idolatry

sure, that's why they bow to a rock five times a day.

>inb4 dirty protestants
>>
>>1287951
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_Moon-god
>>
>>1287998
Sure that's why Catholics worship statues and pictures everyday
>>1288054
"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who created them, if you worship Him"
>>
>>1287917
The sun comes to give light and it do away with the cold

The moon comes out when the creatures of the forest are awake and when darkness descends

This isn't rocket science or Neitzche anon
>>
>>1287945
>>1288054
Also the symbol of the crescent in Islam.

Moon generally is a symbol of the feminine for some reason, so you're hard-pressed to find worship of goddesses/feminine principle. Diana/Artemis was a symbol of the moon and worshipped, I believe, in various guises. Robert Graves talks about shit like this in The White Goddess.

Probably you could find stories about witch cults doing shit like that, too; Hecate and the moon, you know.

Otherwise, idk.
>>
>>1288074
Also this >>1288071

moon = darkness, cold, fear; not a likely thing to worship, psychologically speaking, unless you're outright embracing witchcraft/antimainstream religions in history.
>>
>>1288074
>Moon generally is a symbol of the feminine for some reason

Only in warm climates, where the cool night associated with the Moon is pleasant, while the Sun is hard (and therefore masculine). That's why the Moon is female in Latin languages (la lune, la luna...) and the Sun is male (le soleil, el sol).

In colder climates it's the other way around, male Moon for the harsh cold (der Mond) and female Sun for the pleasant warmth (die Sonne). Unsurprisingly this also matches the genders of their corresponding gods in Norse mythology.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 467x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 467x316px
Chthonic Artemis was Hecate, the Goddess of Witchcraft and Black Magic.
>Chthonic Artemis was Hecate, the Goddess of Witchcraft and Black Magic.
Chthonic Artemis was Hecate, the Goddess of Witchcraft and Black Magic.
>Chthonic Artemis was Hecate, the Goddess of Witchcraft and Black Magic.
>>
>>1288074
Wrong
>>
>>1288080
Moon = darkness??
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.