[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm half Vietnamese and know almost nothing about the Vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg.png (11KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg.png
11KB, 2000x1333px
I'm half Vietnamese and know almost nothing about the Vietnam War so can we have a Vietnam war thread please?
It's not something my family talks about other than to talk shit about Ho Chi Minh/Commies
>>
>>1235779
Americans and South Vietnamese were bad.
Commies were worse.
>>
File: bordiga.jpg (105KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
bordiga.jpg
105KB, 500x454px
>>1235835
>he thinks communism is its post-revolutionary sublation as stalinism in the role of capitalist industrialization in the 20th century
>>
>>1235835
This is pretty accurate.
>>
>>1235869
Wtf is that alphabet soup supposed to mean?
>>
>>1235779
The US won
Only euromemes will say otherwise
>>
>>1235779

Does anybody know of any good books on the War?

Also, was it possible for South Vietnam to stay independent and become prosperous, like South Korea?
>>
>>1235880
Sorry but no. The American objectives failed, Vietnam is Communist. America lost the war
>>
>>1235884
OP here, I'd be interested in the books too.
As for your question about South Vietnam, I doubt it. Vietnam wasn't as modernized as Korea and would have needed a ton of US/Western support. I don't think the will was there either desu. My dad is as anti-Commie as you can get and even he probably wouldn't have wanted a split Vietnam.
>>
>>1235835
America > Commies > shit > South Vietnam
>>
>>1235890
Hello yuromeme!
>>
>>1235884
>like South Korea
No, if communist is shit, South Vietnam was dogshit, that why communist win
>>
There is a McDonald's in Vietnam, therefore America won the war.
>>
>>1235935
There is a Pho in America, therefore Vietnam won
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 750x1224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 750x1224px
>>1235884
Forward into Battle destroys the Americlap myth that they won any ""battles"". Paddy Griffith shows that yanks are incompetent cand cannot press home with the bayonet.
If they simply charged with the bayonet
They'd make short work of the wogs with cold steel.
>>
>>1235884
Plus, at least part of the reason the South failed was conflicts of interest among the anti-Communists. The Catholics in government suppressed the Buddhist majority and shit which caused a lot of resentment
>>
>>1235940
>if they simply charged with the bayonet
You do know that soldiers are very unwilling to actually do a bayonet charge and when bayonet charges do occur the enemy usually flees to avoid getting stabbed. When close enough the bayonets become useful most opt to hit each other with the butt of their gun.
>>
>>1235779
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>1235779
The United States tried to stop the spread of communism as part of the containment strategy. A lot of the escalation in the Vietnam War was due to US Brass thinking that China would use Vietnam as a puppet state
>>
>>1235779
Why don't you read a book about it ya dingus.
Don't think you can learn anything from 4chan
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462235988456.jpg (15KB, 544x395px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462235988456.jpg
15KB, 544x395px
>>1235922
>hehehe WE WUZ WINNERS N SHIET
>Vietnam is communist but whatever
>The financial drain was so massive that we had to abolish the gold standard Lelellelel who cares eurofag
>The USA reached none of its core objectives
>tricky dick got elected because he promised to end the war on Terms that aren't a complete embaressment
>everybody and their grandmother associated the US with blatant imperialism and little girls burned by napalm instead of the swell dudes who fought against the nazis

Ah my creamy colonial friends, never change. We will talk about this in 200 years when you have learned the lessons europe did.
>>
IT AIN'T MEEE

IT AIN'T MEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1235779
the south should have won. then the chinese-viets would regain financial control of vietnam and america would drain it of resources. win-win.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.