[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: rome.jpg (112KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
rome.jpg
112KB, 677x782px
Ok /his/ you wake up as emperor of rome in 250 a.d. What do you do? How do you save rome
>>
>>1188405
make Hellenism the state religion again
>>
Step 1. Don't go to Dacia to get killed by Goths.
>>
>>1188405

>mfw livy was right all along
>>
>>1188405
Fuck some sweet boipucci
>>
Build a wall, to keep the Cathaginians from bringing drugs and rapists. Also we should put trarifs on trade with Persia, they're killing us with horrible deals. Also, little Marcus is going to save you, folks. Only I can make Rome great again
>>
>>1188526
It still was during that time. Don't you know anything?
>>
It's too late. The Praetorian were the single biggest threat to emperors at the time in history. If you made one small slight toward the military they'd kill you or have you tortured to death as a tyrant. Or if some general simply paid them enough and warned them that if they didn't then when he brought his big ass private army full of german mercenaries who didn't give a shit about Rome you'd be tortured to death for not helping
>>
>>1188573
In the 3rd century? Not likely
>>
>>1188405

In the middle of the crisis of the third century? I just go full Diocletian 30 years before Diocletian.

The empire was fine until Adrianople in 376 AD.
>>
File: thirsty goatman.jpg (327KB, 756x728px) Image search: [Google]
thirsty goatman.jpg
327KB, 756x728px
>>1188405
Step 1. Lots and lots of sex.
Step 2. Find common ground with the Persians.
Step 3. Absolutely BTFO Arabia and make sure nobody will ever be able to settle at Mecca.
Step 3. Foretell of a great invasion from the Steppes and lay the groundwork for cooperation between Germania and the Roman Empire.
Step 4. Make my own Unsullied because FUCK the Emperor's guard.
>>
Here we go.

>Comprehensive agrarian reform as a means to tie the peasants to the land
Only an urban, deracinated proletariat could give ear to Christian message of destruction , whereas healthy, landed peasants preserve tradition, are patriotic and have a stake in defending the empire.

>more authonomy to provinces and profit share in Roman conquests
Keep foreigners in their native land. Multicultural melting pots also fertile soil for Christian subversion.

>Bridge the gap between the wealthy and the poor; create a strong middle class and seek to abolish slavery in the long run
Slavery is one of the main causes of the economic stagnation of ancient societies. Moreover envy and resentment of the poor directed at the rich are fuel for the Abrahamic bonfire

>Uphold high moral standards
Punish adultery and public displays of nudity and sex. Promicuous sex offends the morality of the common man. The plebeian thinks: "How come the Patrician gets to have all the deviant sex he wants, while I have to settle for monogamic sex with my fugly wife? No, if I can't have it, no one can have it. Therefore I'll support a religion that is against sexuality". Such are the thoughts of plebeian, and the support of the Christian Jihad.

>Abolish the silly emperor cult; foreshadow some elements of secularism and some kind of constitutional guarantee of religious tolerance, thus preventing the Abrahamic tyranny that was to come
>>
>>1188817
>Attempts to be ancient Abraham Lincoln
>Gets a gladius in the back of his head while at the amphitheater
>Lack of foreign diplomacy and disgust with your liberal policies destroys Roman Empire 200 years earlier
>>
>>1188817
Christianity was the best thing that happened to Rome desu
>>
>>1188949
No. Pagan Roman is best Rome.
>>
File: cameron_david_happ_1762769c.jpg (28KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
cameron_david_happ_1762769c.jpg
28KB, 460x287px
>>1188405
Bring them Islam 400 years before the birth of Mohammed.

I am Mohammed now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.