[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reliability of the New Testament compared to other ancient texts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 68

File: 1461266909305.jpg (1MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1461266909305.jpg
1MB, 3508x2480px
>>
>>1082621

Yes, the New Testament was widely printed.

When the second verse of your first book is a misquote of an easily available text though, you don't get to claim it's reliable.
>>
>>1082624
weak bait
>>
File: 1460602872803.jpg (15KB, 268x253px) Image search: [Google]
1460602872803.jpg
15KB, 268x253px
>>1082621
ok but you're comparing something religious & theological to theater plays & shit

wait a minute
aren't you rusing me right now? you wouldn't do that, right, OP
>>
>>1082629
They're different texts. Some are historical, others aren't. What don't you understand?
>>
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is a true story.

I know this because there are many copies of it.

QED
>>
>>1082624
>printed
>1 century AD

Modern world is so degenerate, even trolls lack insidiousness.
>>
>>1082636
>>1082621
>YEARS BETWEEN ORIGINAL & EARLIEST SURVIVING COPIES
>>
>>1082638

For Harry Potter, that's 0 years.
>>
>>1082650
>>1082633
>>
>>1082633
except a shitload of people base their lifestyle & morals entirely off the NT, they're not just interesting philosophical texts or pieces of art
>>
File: 5547026486_490b1eb8bd_z.jpg (93KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
5547026486_490b1eb8bd_z.jpg
93KB, 488x600px
>>1082658
>All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

2 Timothy 3:16
>>
>>1082629
that's not the point
the point is we have a wider array of sources to compare it to to ensure that the test is reliable and hasn't been changed much over the centuries.

meanwhile we are missing entire sections of some books and have very little evidence for the existence of the people they talk about.

there is less evidence for Socrates than for Jesus
>>
>>1082675
>there is less evidence for Socrates than for Jesus

but more for Harry Potter, right?
>>
>>1082679
>>1082633
hurr
>>
>>1082675
yes, except these books we are missing entire sections of even though they are importat are not religious, no one is basing their life & choices off what they say

i'm not sure what you're trying to say, that christianity is more sure than most ancient texts we study because its texts are better preserved?
the quran is even better preserved and there is less confusion about who wrote what with what intent, does that mean islam is even more certified than christianity?
>>
>>1082688

What point do you think you're making?
>>
File: jesus-the-lamb-of-god.jpg (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-the-lamb-of-god.jpg
1MB, 1000x667px
>>1082689
>>1082672
>God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21
>>
>>1082679
>>1082731
How old are you?
>>
>>1082621
first of all, I'd like to see some proof of those numbers.

Also, I'm not sure what your point here is. Are you at all surprised that we have more examples of a text created in a time of relative peace by a very evangelistic cult than we do of philosophers that predate it by several centuries?
>>
File: The Great Demonic Deception.jpg (549KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Demonic Deception.jpg
549KB, 1200x903px
>>1082689
>islam
Muhammad was actually visited by a false angel of light, it was a demon, a fallen angel of deception. Satan and his workers are great mimickers and Muhammad, deceived, established a demonic cult of Allah (false-God) called Islam (meaning voluntary submission to this false-God, i.e. Satan) which he spread by the sword convinced that it was the last revelation of God Almighty.

Islam is none other than Satan's magnum opus, which now has 1.6 billion adherents (23% of the world population) and which will probably be followed by half of the world population by 2050.

>For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
>>
File: The Failed Demonic Deception.jpg (157KB, 827x1189px) Image search: [Google]
The Failed Demonic Deception.jpg
157KB, 827x1189px
>>1082689
>>1082743
Muhammad was Satan's pawn, merely a man, he was easily deceived.
Jesus is the Christ prophesied in scripture, born of God, undeceivable.

Islam's deceptions are endless:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas#Anachronisms
>>
>>1082735
>Also, I'm not sure what your point here is.

His point is that if you write something down enough times, it becomes true.
>>
>>1082730
stop quoting scripture with no context
what is your point?

>>1082731
>>1082688
>>1082679
>>1082745
(You)
now fuck off

>>1082743
>>1082747
undercooked pasta
>>
File: (You).png (44KB, 472x266px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
44KB, 472x266px
>>1082751
>with no context
>>
>>1082761
wow, you are an amazing shitposter
>>
>>1082675
>there is less evidence for Socrates than for Jesus

Except for the fact that all the texts that talk about him corroborate small details of his life and remain consistent between multiple authors, which not even the bible can manage about major details of Jesus.
>>
>>1082624

Jews.

Not even once.
>>
>>1082621

ITT: autists who think Harry Potter is real.
>>
>>1082761
>what
>is
>your
>point?
>>
>>1082792
>>1082633
>>
>>1082795
?
>>
>>1082777

Point.

Reasonable amount of space.

Vast amount of space.

Your head.
>>
>>1082796
Yes, the autism is real. And correlates with atheism and a general lack of empathy.
>>
>>1082805
?
>>
>>1082796
>>1082729
>>
>>1082817
That this >>1082629 is a shit-tier non-argument.
>>
>>1082777
it manages incredibly well actually for all the major parts of his ministry

the only parts that have issues are those outside of his time as Rabbi
>>
>>1082824

So do you agree that Harry Potter is a real person or not?
>>
>>1082805
>And correlates with atheism and a general lack of empathy
and? autists aren't neccisarily stupid, in fact a lot of them are very smart. why is it bad to have more analytical thinkers be a part of a group?
>>
>>1082845
>in fact a lot of them are very smart
yea far from it
>>
File: 1400960441727.jpg (97KB, 475x699px) Image search: [Google]
1400960441727.jpg
97KB, 475x699px
>>1082841
>>1082633
What don't you understand?

Also:
http://www.nelsonprice.com/early-secular-writings-regarding-christ/
http://storage.cloversites.com/fcfgroups/documents/Why%20We%20Believe%207.pdf
>>
>>1082854
you obviously don't know anyone autistic. My sister and several of my close friends are autistic. they can be awkward as fuck but they are capable of brilliant shit
>>
>>1082861
I've seen loads of Autisitc people and they are all slobbering morons
>>
>>1082855
>What don't you understand?

A way you can argue "lots of copies = true story" that doesn't also apply to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
>>
>>1082748
underrated
>>
>>1082870
it depends on the person. there are lots of them that can't function normally but there are plenty of high functioning ones that despite bad social skills are really good at music, mathematics, etc
>>
>>1082743
>>1082747

This must be bait but did you just realize that you believe what happened around Islam is so difficult you had to ascribe it to something outside of human efforts? Do you really think Satan's big plan was to have people worship one God and believe in all of the prophets you believe? That he woke up one day and said hey it would be great if I had a billion people trying to pray to to God, control their desires and believe in God, the angels and prophets and whatnot.

You might as well say Moses or Abraham or Elisha were inspired by Satan.
>>
>>1082894
>believe in all of the prophets you believe
Yet order to massacre the followers...yeah, no. It's all a ruse.

''hehe come here stupid kuffar, look at this book, impressive isn't it? we even believe in the same prophets! but I have the true last and final revelation from God, now convert and come kill christians with me so we can get 72 virgins hehe''

'no'
>>
File: Comparison.png (215KB, 686x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.png
215KB, 686x1162px
>>1082894
Pic related.

Also, their last words:

Jesus Christ:
>"Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
Luke 23:34

(said while dying on the cross at Calvary after being betrayed and sentenced to die for no legitimate reason).

Muhammad:
>"May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of the prophets."
Bukhari, Vol. 1, #427

(Muhammad had been poisoned years earlier by a Jewish woman whose husband was killed by the Muslims and the poison had slowly worked its effect. He said this while dying in the arms of his wife Aisha.)
>>
>>1082913
Well sir if you truly believe what you just wrote who can do anything for you? That is a very simple view. That ISIS, which obviously doesn't represent Islam, even has other religions around them to persecute and oppress shows how tolerant Islam is in itself and has been historically. Just look how the only non Christian group around in Christian lands until the modern period have been the Jews and how even today in the Muslim world there are a plurality of religions. Lebanon is more than a third Christian, India still has many Hindus despite Muslim rule, Egypt is a tenth Christian, Iraq and Syria before this ISIS debacle had Yazidis, Kurds, Christians and others. Iran had Zoroastrians for a long time and still has a few.

>>1082946
You believe a man is God. A man, flesh and blood who walked in the streets, defecated, ate, slept, cursed a fig tree in anger, cried and whatnot was God in your view. You think God died or if you don't think he died then a man died for our sins which would mean it isn't enough. Muhammad's enemies could never say anything bad about him personally. They trusted him with their things even as they attacked him. Do you not know that? Have you not read how he interacted with people? How people loved him and that even his enemies couldn't say anything negative? Your list is just silly. What isn't exaggerated is a lie, and what isn't a lie is irrelevant.
>>
File: Hasperger.jpg (13KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
Hasperger.jpg
13KB, 220x281px
>it's another religious argument thread on /his/
>>
File: 1.png (311KB, 405x595px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
311KB, 405x595px
>>1082969
>ISIS, which obviously doesn't represent Islam
ISIS members are good muslims.

>>1082969
>You believe a man is God
The humanity of Jesus is as equally important as the deity of Jesus. Jesus was born as a human being while still being totally divine. The concept of the humanity of Jesus co-existing with His deity is difficult for the finite mind of man to comprehend. Nevertheless, Jesus’ nature, wholly man and wholly God, is a biblical fact.

Jesus had to be born as a human being for several reasons. One is outlined in Galatians 4:4–5: “But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.” Only a man could be “born under the law.” No animal or angelic being is “under the law.” Only humans are born under the law, and only a human being could redeem other human beings born under the same law. Born under the law of God, all humans are guilty of transgressing that law. Only a perfect human, Jesus Christ, could perfectly keep the law and perfectly fulfill the law, thereby redeeming us from that guilt. Jesus accomplished our redemption on the cross, exchanging our sin for His perfect righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21).
>>
>>1082969
>>1083010
Another reason Jesus had to be fully human is that God established the necessity of the shedding of blood for the remission of sins (Leviticus 17:11; Hebrews 9:22). The blood of animals, although acceptable on a temporary basis as a foreshadowing of the blood of the perfect God-Man, was insufficient for the permanent remission of sin because “it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins” (Hebrews 10:4). Jesus Christ, the perfect Lamb of God, sacrificed His human life and shed His human blood to cover the sins of all who would ever believe in Him. If He were not human, this would have been impossible.

Furthermore, the humanity of Jesus enables Him to relate to us in a way the angels or animals never can. “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin” (Hebrews 4:15). Only a human could sympathize with our weaknesses and temptations. In His humanity, Jesus was subjected to all the same kinds of trials that we are, and He is, therefore, able to sympathize with us and to aid us. He was tempted; He was persecuted; He was poor; He was despised; He suffered physical pain; and He endured the sorrows of a lingering and most cruel death. Only a human being could experience these things, and only a human being could fully understand them through experience.

Finally, it was necessary for Jesus to come in the flesh because believing that truth is a prerequisite for salvation. Declaring that Jesus has come in the flesh is the mark of a spirit from God, while the Antichrist and all who follow him will deny it (1 John 4:2–3). Jesus has come in the flesh; He is able to sympathize with our human frailties; His human blood was shed for our sins; and He was fully God and fully Man. These are biblical truths that cannot be denied.
>>
File: Trinity.png (376KB, 822x1857px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity.png
376KB, 822x1857px
>>1082969
>>1083010
>>1083019
Also, since you are simply biblically illiterate, let me explain to you the Holy Trinity.

This triune God (or Trinity) began to allude to this aspect of His nature right in Genesis 1:26–27. There we read that “God said, ‘Let us make man in our image’ . . . God created man in His image.” Here God is a plural noun, said is in the third-person singular verb form, and we see both the plural pronoun our and the singular His referring to the same thing (God’s image). This is not horribly confused grammar. Rather, we are being taught, in a limited way, that God is a plurality in unity. We can’t say from this verse that He is a trinity, but God progressively reveals more about Himself in later Scriptures to bring us to that conclusion.

In Isaiah 48:12–16 we find the speaker in the passage describing himself as the Creator and yet saying that “the Lord God and His Spirit have sent Me.” This is further hinting at the doctrine of the trinity, which becomes very clear in the New Testament. There are many other Old Testament Scriptures that hint at the same idea.

In Matthew 28:18–20 Jesus command His disciples to baptize His followers in the name (singular) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John’s Gospel tells us that “the Word” is God who became man in Jesus Christ (John 1:1–3, 14). Jesus was fully man and fully God. Many other verses combine together to teach that God is triune.

As a start on a thorough discussion on this topic, the chart in pic related is an accumulation of many of the passages that show the deity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>1083019
Trinity is, in fact, the religion of Paul and not that of Christ, as Jesus never taught the doctrine of the Trinity. As long as he lived, he only taught the Oneness of God and His being without partner. After he died, his James—who was his successor and a holy man— also taught the Oneness of God. But Paul unjustly opposed him and started preaching contrary to his true teachings, and went to the extent of creating a new faith.
>>
>>1082624

>printed
>>
>>1082845
The same tests that indicate autists are of a higher IQ also indicate autists have lower empathy and are less likely to believe in God.

That's not a good trade off.
>>
>>1082894

Yes, satan's big plan is to be worshiped as God.

That's why he lied to Mohammad, and told Mohammad that he is God.
>>
>>1083055
It doesn't always work that way, though. I'm diagnosed autistic and I actually think my 'tism makes me MORE religious, not less. I feel like it spurs me to be a more aggressive, devout believer.
>>
>>1082969

We believe that God became a man so that He could redeem His creation that was ruined by men and angels.

We believe that God cares more about His creation than about His dignity.
>>
>>1083055
what's wrong with that?
btw when it says they have less empathy it means that they have a harder time understanding other people's emotions, not that they are sociopathic
>>
>printing more copies means it's more reliable

Meme logic, as applied to history.
>>
>muh jebus
>>
>>1083062
I'm a born again Christian.

I'm not religious, and I cannot be devout. I can only be a believer.

So when I see things from people like "I'm really super religious, and a devout believer", I see red flags pop up. The Filipinos in Manila who whip themselves bloody and hang from crosses are very religious, and very devout.

And don't understand Jesus at all.
>>
>>1083038
>he only taught the Oneness of God and His being without partner.

>Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

>For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

>I and my Father are one.

Get good.
>>
File: Comparison 2.png (419KB, 679x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison 2.png
419KB, 679x2150px
>>1082969
Muhammad was a gluttonous wealthy slave owner, an adulterer, a child-molesting pedophile, a murderer, a liar, he encouraged theft, rape, torture and the list goes on. He was the pawn of Satan and is now in Hell.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

>Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Matthew 7:15-20
>>
>>1083066

The studies indicate that people lacking empathy share that trait with psychopaths; that autism correlated with both atheism and a lack of empathy.
>>
>>1083038
Read what you replied to.
>>
>>1083078

You sound like a massive faggot, who the fuck are you to say who does and does not understand?

>uhh they aren't lukewarm like me therefore I' right and they're wrong

please.
>>
>>1083078

You have a mental disorder
>>
>>1083085
yes psychopaths lack empathy, but it's a completely different mental disorder
>>
>>1083038

Paul did not start a religion. Paul was not in the beginning of the early church. Paul was not present with the apostles teaching at Pentecost.

Paul was Saul, and was killing those people who believed in the Way.

So when you say Paul made this up, or Paul made that up, or Paul never met Jesus, you're really just revealing your own personal, baseless bias and ignorance.
>>
>>1083098
I'm a new creation in Christ Jesus, an adopted son of God, joint heir with the Son of God, a priest after the order of Melchizedek, and I will rule and reign with Christ Jesus over this fallen world for a thousand years.

Who are you?
>>
>>1082969
>>1083010
>>1083019
>>1083026
>>1083083
B. T. F. O.
>>
>>1083113
Yes indeed, satanic muslims on suicide watch.
>>
>>1082855
>>http://www.nelsonprice.com/early-secular-writings-regarding-christ/

This again? Really?

>>THALLUS: (52 A.D.)
One of the first secular writers that mentioned Christ. Thallus wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean world from the Trojan War to his own time. Unfortunately, his writings are only found as citations by others. Julius Africanus, a Christian who wrote about AD 221 mentioned Thallus’ account of an eclipse of the sun (Luke 23:44-45).

This is the closest thing you have to secular evidence for the supernatural events in the bible and hey guess what? The text doesn't exist anymore.

>>A secular historian wrote a history named, “Chronicles.” This original work has been lost, Julius Africanus preserved a small fragment in his writings. Phlegon mentions the eclipse (Matthew 27:45) during the crucifixion of Jesus.
“During the time of Tiberius Caesar an eclipse of the sun occurred during the full moon.”
Africanus, Chronography, 18:1.

This here? The Julius Africanus who supposedly preserved this passage was a christian apologist. That's not a reliable source chief.

Good fuck you people are dumb as shit.
>>
>>1083134
>many ancient texts are lost
Breaking news
>>
>>1083148
Funny how all the supposed ancient texts that prove the miraculous events of the bible are missing for some reason. You'd think if the catholic and orthodox churches wanted to preserve any given ancient texts, it would be those.

Your beliefs are a matter of faith, not facts, and it's high time you and the rest of your retarded brethren took this /x/ style nonsense back to the board where it belongs.
>>
>>1083159
>many ancient texts are lost despite their importance
Breaking news
>>
>>1083165
Yeah whatever you bible banging dipshit. There's no reason for me or anyone else to believe in your religion other then your say so, that isn't good enough and never will be.
>>
>>1083188
>>I have faith and understand the things you who don't have faith cannot understand.

Good for you, now take your faith elsewhere, nobody on 4chan is even remotely interested in it other then /pol/ as a potential justification for nationalism and /x/ because they care more about interesting stories then observable facts. You're certainly not going to convince the freaking history board that supernatural events are real.
>>
File: La mort de Moïse (1851).jpg (1MB, 1953x1329px) Image search: [Google]
La mort de Moïse (1851).jpg
1MB, 1953x1329px
>>1083217
>How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep! The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this.

Psalm 92:5-6
>>
>>1083226
>>1083226
Dude, seriously, you may as well be quoting a comic book at me for all I care. Fiction is fiction and endless quotations of fiction do not make it non-fiction.
>>
>>1083232
See >>1082672
>>
>>1083245
What part of circular reasoning do you not get? You are using the bible to justify the bible and it just doesn't work for people who aren't already christian.
>>
File: quran pepe.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
quran pepe.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
>>1083083
>Muhammad was a gluttonous wealthy slave owner, an adulterer, a child-molesting pedophile, a murderer, a liar, he encouraged theft, rape, torture and the list goes on. He was the pawn of Satan and is now in Hell.

Not even that guy but those are some wild claims too bad there is nothing to support this,Not to mention your comparison picture is largely composed of hadiths aka fanfiction,there are over hundreds of thousands of hadiths so you can pick any of them to prove whatever you want but fact still remains they're fanfiction,rest is out of context.

>Jesus Christ is THE Son of God.

This is where you just shot yourself in the foot and i can tell you're just some meme christian that probably didn't even read the bible and here is why.

"And thou [Moses] shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my first born." (Exodus 4:22)

"He [Solomon] shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father and he shall be my son." (II Samuel 7:13-14),

"I am a father to Israel and Ephraim is my firstborn"(Jeremiah 31:9)

'long before Jesus was born', "I will declare the decree:the Lord hath said unto me [David], Thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee."(Psalm 2:7)

and "Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God"(Luke3: 38).

I'm not even christian but it seems like i know more about your religion than you do.
>>
>>1083265

We're trying to tell you that this 66 book collection is uniquely inspired by God Himself.

Not circular.

God said it, God's not wrong, God's not a liar; God tells the truth; God tells the future.

Quite linear.
>>
>>1083279

Jesus is God's only begotten Son.

Angels are called the sons of God.

Christians are called the sons of God.

Israel is called the cheating whore of a wife of God.

But Jesus is God's only begotten Son.
>>
File: 3 (original 2).png (818KB, 639x762px) Image search: [Google]
3 (original 2).png
818KB, 639x762px
>>1083265
The Word became flesh.
>>
>>1083279
>I'm not even christian but it seems like i know more about your religion than you do.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Reality: Jesus is God.

Islam: Jesus is not God.
>>
>>1083285
And I'm telling you that this text proves absolutely nothing to anyone who isn't already part of the religion in question. I don't accept the authenticity of many of the historical events supposedly outlined in the bible, let alone the supernatural ones.
>>
>>1082621
Homer is probably the least reliable one there, but apparently he's the second best?
>>
>>1083291
>>1083295
God doesn't exist and no amount of bible quotes makes said god exist.
>>
>>1083111

You don't sound like it.
>>
>>1083279
>those are some wild claims too bad there is nothing to support this
Bait?
>hadiths aka fanfiction
Bait?
>you can pick any of them to prove whatever you want
Except there are no blatant contradictions.
>This is where you just shot yourself in the foot
How so? Scripture supports this. See >>1083026

What are those verses you posted supposed to prove/disprove? Why are you accusing me of not having read the Holy Bible when you are biblically illiterate yourself?

Is your whole post bait? 7/10
>>
>>1083316
No shit he doesn't, what sort of christian is actually dumb enough to hang out on 4chan of all places?
>>
>>1083300
It proves one thing.

It proves the bible claims itself to be inspired by God.

It also claims that only God sees the end from the beginning. So if the bible tells the end from the beginning, it does something only God can do.
>>
>>1083303

I'm not sure that you realize you are saying that your disbelief makes the Creator of the universe void ab initio.
>>
>>1083300
This anon >>1083285 isn't the anon (me) that you replied to with >>1083265

>>1083303
You are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQUsK2eNkfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw
>>
>>1083316
I am who I am.
>>
>>1083334

I am. This place is a goldmine of sinners who need to hear that Jesus loves them so much that He would rather die than live without them, so He did.
>>
>>1083098
>>1083111
blown the fuck out
>>
>>1083336
>>It proves the bible claims itself to be inspired by God.
Which means nothing to people who aren't christians.
>>It also claims that only God sees the end from the beginning. So if the bible tells the end from the beginning, it does something only God can do.
Flawed logic, and also the bible doesn't tell us anything about anything other then theology, which is great if you take theology as worthwhile and true and worthless if you don't.

The bible isn't a historical text, a scientific text, or really much more then a collection of stories, fables, superstitions and a certain amount of moralizing. Oh and wishful thinking about how anyone who didn't believe all this stuff would get theirs in the end.

This is simply not relevant to non-religious types like me.
>>
>>1083348

>>You are wrong.

No I am not, and no amount of youtube videos make you right.
>>
>>1083351
>>sinners
lol gotta love that jebus freak shame complex. Lemme guess, you come to this thread after you cum to the stuff on /d/ right?
>>
File: quran pepe 2.png (10KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
quran pepe 2.png
10KB, 420x420px
>>1083320
>Hadiths being fanfiction is bait
Do you even know what a hadith is,it's people claiming to heared x person said y or x event happened,99% of which are fake considering abu bakr that accompanied muhammad for all of his life after the prophecy only had wrote 50-100 hadiths.

>Calling your claims false due to not being backed up is bait

You made a bunch of claims about muhammad and then i ask you to provide evidence to support your claims,Unless you do so whatever you say is weighs nothing,I'm starting to think that you're the one baiting me at this point.

>There are no contradictions by random unverified quotes that say things that aren't at all mentioned in the quran

The verses i posted were to clarify the fact that jesus wasn't the only son of god mentioned in the bible,

If you reply again with more claims and no evidence im not even going to bother wasting my time.
>>
File: santafaz-info-1.jpg (78KB, 1059x1332px) Image search: [Google]
santafaz-info-1.jpg
78KB, 1059x1332px
>>1083363
>I'm right you're wrong!
>I won't watch videos that completely B me TFO!
>LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! CHRISTKEK! CHRISTKEK!
Yikes.

Wether you like it or not, the Word became flesh. That's the first fact that you need to accept. Now see >>1082672
>>
>>1083378
cuck

test
>>
>>1083359

I don't think you understand what you are saying.

This is how the bible ends, and it is very relevant to your interests:

Revelation 20
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

You are included in this. You are one of the small standing before Jesus when the books of your life are opened up, and your trial to see if you have become like God begins.

You are not ready for that day. Nobody standing there is ready for that day. But that day will surely happen, as sure as yesterday happened.
>>
>>1083379
Christcuck

test
>>
>>1083381
CHRISTKEK

test
>>
>>1082621
Fuck off christcuck.
>>
>>1083369
No, I don't have such a complex, and this site does nothing for me.

However, if I had never been saved, I would probably have found my way here, and stayed on /tg/ or /pol/, lost as lost could be, and the only way I could have been saved, maybe, is if some batshit crazy Christian decided that this was good ground to spread the Word of God.

So here I am. And here are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, whom I will meet in the sky, very soon.
>>
File: 2.png (147KB, 597x243px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
147KB, 597x243px
>>1083388
No.
>>
>>1083375
It's enough that he beheaded 800 men in front of their women and children to eradicate their tribe and take their loot. Not in war, not in retaliation, but peaceful neighbors who owned things he wanted.

It's enough.
>>
>>1083378
Dude, the very title of of the very first video you posted is an example someone starting with the assumption that a deity exists. Not only is this circular logic, it also isn't proof the christian god you believe in.

You do realize that right? Your religion isn't the only one people have believed over the past 10,000 years or so and it won't be the last either.

>>What you need to accept is that you are talking to a brick wall who knows nothing other then "muh jesus, muh bible".

Fixed for reality, you moron.
>>
>>1083380
Yeah see all this shit your posting? There is no reason for me to believe any of it is real other then your say so. This makes you stupid, and it is why I call you stupid.
>>
>>1083406
You say you want proof, but the proof has been offered to you already. So much, in fact, that you stand before God without excuse.

This is not good for you. You stand without excuse before the Judge of the universe, without an attorney, on trial for your life.

You really need to change your mind about these things, and quickly. What would you lose that you as a Christian would not be disgusted by?
>>
>>1083411

There is. You are going to be there. I know that, for sure, unless you repent (change your mind) and accept the pardon Jesus bought with His blood for you.

It's there. You just have to take it. And even on earth, pardons are not effective until taken.
>>
File: jesusimage.jpg (25KB, 522x609px) Image search: [Google]
jesusimage.jpg
25KB, 522x609px
>>1083369
Not him but:
>Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.

Ecclesiastes 7:20
>>
>>1083398
The christian god has done far worse then kill some people, and >>1083380

Is just the start for proof of how much of a monster that deity is. Thankfully that deity and the muslim deity are equally non-existent.

Sadly their followers continue to shit this place up.
>>
>>1083406
1:34
>>
>>1083412
>>but the proof has been offered to you already
No it hasn't. you moron. The actual proof for the supernatural events in the bible does not exist, the clear and most likely reason for this is that those events did not happen. No amount of youtube videos arguing about the nature of a god provides proof for these things, nor has anything you have ever posted on this board.

>>1083420
>>There is
There isn't.

>>You are going to be there.
No, I am not.

>>I know that, for sure,
No you don't.

>>accept the pardon Jesus bought with His blood for you.
Jesus is a dead jewish dissident from 2000 years ago, he is incapable of pardoning anyone for anything.

>>It's there.
No it isn't.

>>You just have to take it.
There is nothing to take.

>>And even on earth, pardons are not effective until taken.
There is nothing I need to be pardoned for, as original sin is as fictional of a thing as your god.
>>
File: Christ_of_the_Cornfield.jpg (203KB, 631x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_of_the_Cornfield.jpg
203KB, 631x1000px
>>1083375
>You made a bunch of claims about muhammad and then i ask you to provide evidence to support your claims,Unless you do so whatever you say is weighs nothing,I'm starting to think that you're the one baiting me at this point.
Sources are included in the pic I posted, here's the link I took the screenshot from, you can verify everything:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/jesus-muhammad.aspx

>The verses i posted were to clarify the fact that jesus wasn't the only son of god mentioned in the bible
You are clearly biblically illiterate and quotemined the Holy Bible. See >>1083026

Muhammad was a gluttonous wealthy slave owner, an adulterer, a child-molesting pedophile, a murderer, a liar, he encouraged theft, rape, torture and the list goes on. He was the pawn of Satan and is now in Hell.

Sorry but that's reality and you'll have to deal with it.

Besides, remember:
>You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14

See also Matthew 3:2 and 4:17.
>>
>>1083426
>>things can't come into existence out of nothing
Yes they can actually. Nice try. And this still isn't an argument for your specific deity.
>>
File: Iesus Nazarenus.jpg (152KB, 485x600px) Image search: [Google]
Iesus Nazarenus.jpg
152KB, 485x600px
>>1083412
Indeed.

>For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.

Romans 1:19-22
>>
File: 3.png (204KB, 659x382px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
204KB, 659x382px
>>1083455
You forgot the fact that the Word became flesh.
>>
>>1083486
You forgot the fact that this didn't actually happen.
>>
File: mulla pepe.png (70KB, 191x254px) Image search: [Google]
mulla pepe.png
70KB, 191x254px
>>1083398
From the way you wrote this i can tell you didn't really look up the causes of the event since you said it wasn't during war etc.

There was a pact between the muslims and jews which went like this "Jews having their religion and the Muslims having their religion excepting anyone who acts wrongfully and commits crime/acts treacherously/breaks an agreement[clarification needed], for he but slays himself and the people of his house."

And since the jews made a treacherous act by helping the meccans siege muhammad they were to honor the pact and supposedly off themselves AND their families,however an arbiter which was agreed upon by the jews and muslims decided that only the men get shall honor the pact instead of the men AND their families.

>>1083448
>http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/jesus-muhammad.aspx

This is no different from the screen shot,out of context verses and random hadiths

For example this uses the following verse

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."
(Quran 2:191)

But if you read the one before it ''Fight in the cause of god against those who fight you,and do not commit agression'' (quran 2:190)

And the one after it ''if they cease fighting then let there be no hostility except against opressors'' (quran 2:193)

And let's not forget one more thing,the fact that verse 2:191 was specifically directed at the people of quraysh which tortured,killed and kicked muslims out of their homes

I can do this with every other out of context verse in that article but i doubt it would change anything considering you're illogically stubborn.

And once again you make claims against muhammad but do not provide evidence,im afraid that im not going to bother wasting my time trying to argue with somone that refuses anything different.
>>
File: shawirma pepe.png (179KB, 1308x1332px) Image search: [Google]
shawirma pepe.png
179KB, 1308x1332px
>>1083514
Only the men shall honor the pact*

I'm off to sleep as it is getting pretty late here,good night habibi.
>>
File: 4 (B&W).jpg (312KB, 610x773px) Image search: [Google]
4 (B&W).jpg
312KB, 610x773px
>>1083514
>(Quran 2:190-193)
Where do you see those verses in my screenshot?

Nice strawmanning, silly muslim.

Remember Matthew 7:15-20
>>
>>1083514
>I can do this with every other out of context verse in that article
No you can't.
>>
>>1083424

If you make a painting and do not like a portion of it, is it within your right to tear it off and remake it?
>>
>>1082621
>our ancient book is closer to the original than other ancient books
>since you respect those other ancient books, it means that you should respect ours even more!
What a worthless argument
>>
>>1083588
It simply dismantles the memes about the New Testament being unreliable.
>>
>>1083536
It's in the link you posted mate.
>>
>>1083609
Not in the screenshot.
>>
>>1083601
By saying it's old? It doesn't matter how old it is if it's based off of fantasy.
It also doesn't mean much when it's been constantly added too and changed over the centuries. Even a five-minute web search shows that the main books were added up to 600 years later.
>>
>>1082621
After Germany lost WW1, Nazis and others came up with a bunch of Ayran bullshit with as much efficacy as the New Testament. Societies collapsing tend to make people crazy and conspiratorial. Hence the fall of Rome explains the proliferation of Christian texts.

The other stuff is partly a product of christianization of the west. Christians were simply not very interested in pagan texts, and let many of them rot.

So yeah, it totally makes sense given the material and social conditions of the time period. Does not lend any credibility to the Old Testament.
>>
>>1083619
>it's been constantly translated over the centuries
FTFY
>>
>>1083111
Mormonism is just a prank bro
>>
>>1083111
all this over a mistranslation of Psalms 110
>>
>>1083420
What if you blasphemed against the Holy Spirit?
>>
>>1083515
No it isn't.

>>1083567
A painting is not a living breathing person with thoughts and feelings of their own. So this comparison is invalid.
>>
>>1083971
>No it isn't.
Yes it is.
>>
>>1084047
No it isn't.
>>
>>1082621
Now do one for the Qu'ran.
>>
>>1084051
That wouldn't really be fair as the Quran is much newer than anything else on that list.
>>
>>1084051
Oh yeah lets get the obnoxious muslims in here too, they can get into massive multi-post long slapfights with each other about who's imaginary friend is better/tougher/stronger etc.

That will definitely make this board bet---

You know, this might be actually kinda funny to watch.

But no, this board is supposed to be about historical discussion, not religious apologetics.
>>
>>1084065
and? what matters is the comparison to the date written and the oldest surviving copy
>>
>>1084065
The New Testament was written a thousand years after Homer, I don't think a few hundred years is unfair

>>1084072
Nice try but those posts don't have anything to do with reliability
>>
>>1084071
The Koran is made up of demonic-inspired text and is not ancient (pre-medieval) scripture.
>>
>>1084079
>those posts don't have anything to do with reliability
I don't doubt the Koran's reliability in the sense that I don't really doubt that Muhammad met an actual spirit, but this is irrelevant considering the fact that it is all demonic.

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>1084090
Yeah that's fine and all but it's unrelated to the OP. What is related is that the New Testament is about as reliable as the Qur'an.
>>
>>1084099
Reliable in what sense?
>>
>>1082621
Wow, so Doge memes must be the most reliable account of 2014
>>
>>1084121
Reliable in OP's sense - Number and age of copies. Isn't that what this thread is about?
>>
>>1084072
>The Word became flesh.
>If I repeat my nonsensical gibberish often enough, it becomes true.
Again, no. Reality doesn't work this way.

>>1084128
Only if we're talking about Venetian doges, you mother fucker.

>>1084129
You're expecting logical consistency and intellectual honesty from people who seriously believe the super natural claims of the bible still.

Just saying.
>>
>>1084168
>>Read John chapter 1, >>1082672 and then the entire Holy Bible.

>>entire Holy Bible.
Tried that, realized I was reading idiotic bullshit for idiots and quit.

>>Divine power is not ''crazy magic''.
The practical difference is slim and relevant only for RPG books.
>>
>>1084179
>Tried that, realized I was reading idiotic bullshit for idiots and quit.
Oh...so you're actually underage?
>>
>>1084179
deist here, your post made me cringe desu
>>
>>1082621
Source?
>>
>>1084085
Jack, we understand.
Don't you have some Bix Nood comics to doodle so people can leave them in Taco Bell bathrooms?
>>
>>1083378
What's Cesare Borgia got to do with anything?
>>
>>1084188
No, just not interested in long dry and boring books.

>>1084192
But the fact that this place has become infested by a horde of imbecilic bible bangers hellbent on converting people like you doesn't make you cringe? This is supposed to be the historical discussion board, not the jebus freak happy clappy fun time board.
>>
File: 1st century Isa Tile Mosaic.jpg (138KB, 730x580px) Image search: [Google]
1st century Isa Tile Mosaic.jpg
138KB, 730x580px
>>1084228
>that stale meme again
Pic related.
>>
File: Christ_with_beard.jpg (64KB, 558x600px) Image search: [Google]
Christ_with_beard.jpg
64KB, 558x600px
>>1084228
Pic related, 375 AD.
>>
File: 5.jpg (30KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
30KB, 400x420px
>>1084228
>>
File: 5a.jpg (143KB, 540x787px) Image search: [Google]
5a.jpg
143KB, 540x787px
>>1084228
>>1084256
I could go on and on.
>>
>>1084250
>>1084254
>>1084256
>>1084258
Oh look, it's a greek dude with a beard. Funny, I thought jesus was an aramaic speaking jew from the levant, they didn't look like that.
>>
File: 1460076468180.jpg (69KB, 450x516px) Image search: [Google]
1460076468180.jpg
69KB, 450x516px
>>1084250
>>1084254
>>1084256
>>1084258
You forgot the oldest known image of Jesus
>>
File: 339px-Implying_comic.png (141KB, 339x600px) Image search: [Google]
339px-Implying_comic.png
141KB, 339x600px
>>1084250
>>1084254
>>1084256
>>1084258
Jesus, not the guy you're responding to, but trying to look into origin of those images is like wading through radioactive sewage. Google has nothing but blogspot links and WND.
Christ.
Also. Pic related.
>>
>>1084249
Man, I feel you. /his/ is slow but it already needs a spinoff containment board.
>>
File: Jesus Christ-min.jpg (677KB, 1971x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ-min.jpg
677KB, 1971x2400px
>>1084271
>jesus was an aramaic speaking jew from the levant, they didn't look like that
What do you think they look like? Are you not aware of the phenotypic diversity of the Middle East? Many (especially in the Levant) are white skinned, light eyed and even blonde as children.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/likeness_of_our_saviour.htm

This is irrelevant though since He is the Son of the Father Almighty.
>>
>>1084284
This isn't Him.

Newsflash: Jesus Christ wasn't the only man to get crucified by the romans.
>>
>>1084333
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexamenos_graffito
Who is it then? What other religion worships a crucified God?
>>
File: mopig.jpg (20KB, 386x275px) Image search: [Google]
mopig.jpg
20KB, 386x275px
>>1084366
Posting that drawing is like posting pic related. I'm not sure what your point is but it's just immature and I'm saying this as a strongly anti-Islam person.
>>
>>1084271
>greek dude with a beard
>they didn't look like that
implying levantines don't look greek
>>
>>1084384
My point is that it is considered the oldest image of Jesus by scholars
>>
>>1084400
It isn't.
>>
>>1084414
to cast doubt on this all you have to do is provide an example of one Roman cult that involved worshiping a crucified god
>>
>>1084414
also since you probably haven't bothered to read the wiki that I provided or done any research on it, know that the man is worshiping the crucified donkey-man. so please refute with>>1084437
>>
>>1084437
>>1084446
It probably depicts Him, but it's the same as >>1084384 and I've read the wiki article long ago btw.

There are older depictions of Him from the catacombs and Catalan archaeologists recently discovered older Coptic depictions too.
>>
>>1084457
>There are older depictions of Him from the catacombs and Catalan archaeologists recently discovered older Coptic depictions too.
source please. other anon mentioned he was having trouble sourcing the pictures you posted earlier and I'm assuming you are talking about those
>>
>>1084330
Anon, I have bad news for you, but that doesn't look like

this >>1084254

this >>1084256

or this >>1084258

This maybe but the art is so stylized I can't tell that well.>>1084250

>>1084309
I still don't understand why they showed up on 4chan specifically, this is the most anti-christian place on the internet, fedora memes aside.
>>
File: Pope-Francis-Dove.png (359KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
Pope-Francis-Dove.png
359KB, 570x855px
>>1084496
A lot of us were always here, we just weren't as openly devout as we are these days. The times have changed. 4chan has changed.
>>
>>1084494
>They're literally from Wiki
Oh really?
>>1084250
the only result I got for this image was from http://theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/ which states that this image is from the 6th century. your file name says it's 1st century
>>
>>1084469
>he was having trouble sourcing the pictures you posted earlier
They're literally from the wiki article about His depictions and there are many more pre-medieval ones so the whole ''le Jesus face comes from a 15th century man called Cesare Borgia'' is a literal meme.

Learn how to do your own research instead of falling for the lies of dishonest atheists.

I bet you still believe that the ridiculous reconstruction of a random semetic man's skull which was made to look ugly/brutish on purpose and that has been blasphemously associated with Jesus Christ because apparently all West Asians are supposed to be clones of that random person, is really ''le true face of Jesus xD''.

Pic related, it's also funny how it's never associated with Saint Joseph, any of Jesus Christ's disciples or any other historical West Asian actually.

>>1084511
>Oh really?
Yes, really.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depiction_of_Jesus
>>
>>1084504
Lets translate this bullshit into reality shall we?

>>this website became popular after assorted raids that made the news and I came here to preach my religion after hearing about it
There weren't any serious christians on this place until very recently.

Oh yeah and the only thing you're doing here is making yourself and your fellow believers look dumber then normal.
>>
>>1084515
I still don't see anything claiming that image was from the 1st century. I'm not sure what you hope to prove with images that date at the very earliest 100 years after Jesus's death
>>
>>1084515
>>waaahhhh muh lard and saviur doesn't look like a blond haired and blue eyed german guy anymore :(

Do you have any idea at all how asspained you sound right now?
>>
>>1084515
>ugly/brutish

I don't see it, he looks pretty normal to me.
>>
File: 3 (original).jpg (509KB, 639x762px) Image search: [Google]
3 (original).jpg
509KB, 639x762px
>>1084511
The pic brings up 21 results on Google and if you search ''isa tile mosaic'' which is in the filename you'll get 252,000 results.

Why are atheists so dishonest? Oh wait, I know: >>1083479

>And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Romans 1:28-32
>>
>>1084529
He literally does nothing but shitpost. Do not argue with him.
>>
>>1084526
>I'm not sure what you hope to prove with images
I'm simply trashing the Cesare Borgia maymay.

>>1084529
>blond haired and blue eyed german
Love that atheist strawman.

>>1084531
Look at the dumb look in his eyes, the raised/arched eyebrows the patchy beard, the JUST-tier haircut, that neanderthal forehead and that general dumb look on his face. You don't get all of that from a skull and associating it with Jesus Christ is disgustingly blasphemous.
>>
>>1084533
>They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Except not a single one of those is universally applicable to non-Christians. Do you think Confucians are particularly prone to disobedience to their parents? That the strictly non-violent Jains are prone to murder? That the stoics who consider honesty a core virtue are prone to slander?

You arrogant cunt.
>>
File: 14545669087155.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
14545669087155.png
129KB, 300x300px
>all these atheists and non-believers
>>
File: Face-of-Jesus-Christ.jpg (61KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
Face-of-Jesus-Christ.jpg
61KB, 512x720px
The following was taken from a manuscript in the possession of Lord Kelly, and in his library, and was copied from an original letter of Publius Lentullus at Rome. It being the usual custom of Roman Governors to advertise the Senate and people of such material things as happened in their provinces in the days of Tiberius Caesar, Publius Lentullus, President of Judea, wrote the following epistle to the Senate concerning the Nazarene called Jesus:

>There appeared in these our days a man, of the Jewish Nation, of great virtue, named Yeshua [Jesus], who is yet living among us, and of the Gentiles is accepted for a Prophet of truth, but His own disciples call Him the Son of God- He raiseth the dead and cureth all manner of diseases. A man of stature somewhat tall, and comely, with very reverent countenance, such as the beholders may both love and fear, his hair of (the colour of) the chestnut, full ripe, plain to His ears, whence downwards it is more orient and curling and wavering about His shoulders. In the midst of His head is a seam or partition in His hair, after the manner of the Nazarenes.

>His forehead plain and very delicate; His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red; His nose and mouth so formed as nothing can be reprehended; His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick- In reproving hypocrisy He is terrible; in admonishing, courteous and fair spoken; pleasant in conversation, mixed with gravity. It cannot be remembered that any have seen Him Laugh, but many have seen Him Weep. In proportion of body, most excellent; His hands and arms delicate to behold. In speaking, very temperate, modest, and wise. A man, for His singular beauty, surpassing the children of men"
>>
>>1084535
Dude, if people on 4chan and this board in particular just ignored trolls and talked around them these silly sunday school dolts wouldn't be a problem for this board. I mean fuck man if people actually ignored shitposters and trolls we wouldn't even need rules here.

You're right though.
>>
This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.

TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:

A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews -- not the poor but the rich and powerful.

(1/2)
>>
>>1084549
Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence. I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day.

Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offense and as others have said, we must agree -- truly this is the Son of God.

Your most obedient servant,
Pontius Pilate

(2/2)
>>
>>1084543
>Look at the dumb look in his eyes, the raised/arched eyebrows the patchy beard, the JUST-tier haircut, that neanderthal forehead and that general dumb look on his face.

Looks pretty normal to me. Have you not interacted with normal people? He has messy hair and fairly average features. This is blasphemous to you? That's all it takes to set you off? Good lord man, how do you function with skin so thin a rose thorn could tear it all from your arm?
>>
>>1084533
sorry I didn't think to search the name. the least suspicious looking source I could find that way is http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/modern-day-indiana-jones-links-shroud-to-1st-century/
It supposedly being from the 1st century is entirely based upon a legend and conveniently was "rediscovered" in the 6th century
>>
Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

- The Archko Volume, translated by Drs. McIntosh and Twyman of the Antiquarian Lodge, Genoa, Italy, from manuscripts in Constantinople and the records of the Senatorial Docket taken from the Vatican of Rome (1896) 92-93
>>
>>1084545
We're all arrogant cunts here, but the theists take the cake and stick their circumcised cocks in it.

I mean seriously, they think this post is a worthwhile argument for their beliefs.

>>1084547

We're not exactly dealing with the wisest nor the humblest of people here.
>>
>>1084547
>>1084549
>>1084550
>>1084556
Nice copypasta spam and crap flooding. Too bad none of this proves anything other then "Jesus was a nice person" at best.
>>
File: averageisraelimale.jpg?w=490.jpg (21KB, 363x604px) Image search: [Google]
averageisraelimale.jpg?w=490.jpg
21KB, 363x604px
>>1084515
The researcher basically took three skulls found around Jerusalem from around the 1st century AD and averaged their reconstructions. http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/ I think it's pointless but I don't think it's dishonest.

Secondly, why are you so hung up that Jesus shouldn't be ugly? Physical attractiveness is worldly, and not a weapon the Son of God would use to gain followers. Isaiah 53:2 says, "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."
>>
>>1084549
>>1084550
http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2013/05/the-fraudulent-letter-of-pontius-pilate.html
fuck you! you are literally pedaling horseshit! fuck off!
>>
ummm... what about the Old Testament?
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>1084551
Keep playing dumb pal.

Look at the ear lobes too. You don't get that from a skull. They did their best (worst) to make that random person look ugly as sin to then associate him with the Lord.
>>
>>1084571
But I don't think it's ugly as sin. I just think you're a cunt who doesn't leave his house often enough to regularly see normal people. You're upset that your superhero fantasy of Jesus is being disrupted. You're no different from those obsessive Superman fans who get really asshurt when they decide to a run of "dark" Superman comics.
>>
>>1084571
Get the fuck out of here! You are a lying scumbag! I've already caught you in two lies here>>1084565
and here>>1084554
>>
>>1084560
>Secondly, why are you so hung up that Jesus shouldn't be ugly?
He was born from a virgin for a reason. That same reason is why He wouldn't have any facial deformity or appear ugly.

He did not look like a top model, though He wasn't unpleasant to look at. >>1084547 >>1084533 >>1084330
>>
>>1084547
>Publius Lentulus
It's fake

>Publius Lentulus is a fictitious person, said to have been Governor of Judea before Pontius, and to have written the [quoted letter] to the Roman Senate. The letter was first printed in the "Life of Christ" by Ludolph the Carthusian (Cologne, 1474), and in the "Introduction to the works of St. Anselm" (Nuremberg, 1491). But it is neither the work of St. Anselm nor of Ludolph. According to the manuscript of Jena, a certain Giacomo Colonna found the letter in 1421 in an ancient Roman document sent to Rome from Constantinople. It must be of Greek origin, and translated into Latin during the thirteenth or fourteenth century, though it received its present form at the hands of humanist of the fifteenth or sixteenth century. The description agrees with the so-called Abgar picture of our Lord; it also agrees with the portrait of Jesus Christ drawn by Nicephorus, St. John Damascene, and the Book of Painters (of Mt. Athos). Munter ("Die Sinnbilder und Kunstvorstellungen der alten Christen", Altona 1825, p. 9) believes he can trace the letter down to the time of Diocletian; but this is not generally admitted. The letter of Lentulus is certainly apocryphal: there never was a Governor of Jerusalem; no Procurator of Judea is known to have been called Lentulus, a Roman governor would not have addressed the Senate, but the emperor, a Roman writer would not have employed the expressions, "prophet of truth", "sons of men", "Jesus Christ". The former two are Hebrew idioms, the third is taken from the New Testament. The letter, therefore, shows us a description of our Lord such as Christian piety conceived him.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09154a.htm
>>
>>1084574
Why would I complain about skin color when I posted >>1084533 ? The only difference here is facial features.

Don't associate me with racist pseudo-Christian /pol/tards, thanks.
>>
>>1084578
>He was born from a virgin for a reason. That same reason is why He wouldn't have any facial deformity or appear ugly.

That's some really questionable understanding of genetics you've got there. Virginity does not ensure healthy formation of a baby.

Also that depiction you're so butthurt about isn't deformed.
>>
>>1084578
Do you have any examples of people born of virgins to prove that people born of virgins are necessarily not ugly?
>>
>>1084565
>>1084575
>>1084585
Well I just learned something knew. I got that from this link btw:
http://www.thenazareneway.com/likeness_of_our_saviour.htm

I've only posted it 2 times before on /x/ if I'm not mistaken, I didn't verify it yet.
>>
>>1084578
He's not fucking deformed, for Christ's sake. If that's disfiguringly ugly to you, how do you stand looking at the people you proselytize to?
>>
>>1084587
Where did I even remotely imply your gripe was skin colour? I meant dark as in superman being bad, not black. The point I'm making is that you're upset that something is disrupting the superhero mental image you have of Jesus. You're fostering emotional investment into the figure as a way to vicariously prop yourself up and disrupting this is threatening your own sense of self, you pathetic cunt. Goddamn are you fucking stupid.
>>
File: Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg (382KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg
382KB, 800x1200px
>>1084589
>>1084590
Bait?

I was saying that as the Son of God, He wouldn't be born from a non-virgin sinner and neither would He be born ugly.
>>
>>1084602
ugly is subjective. literally no one here thinks the facial reconstruction is ugly besides you. and why does he have to not be ugly? I don't see how that logic follows
>>
>>1084595
No, what I am upset about is the blasphemous association that is made of a reconstruction of a clearly ugly man with the Lord Jesus Christ. What's even more frustrating and makes me wonder ''What the fuck?!'' is the fact that that random ugly man has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It's a literal random skull. He looks like Jesus Christ as much as he looks like Bashar Al-Assad or any other West Asian.

Pic related is a facial reconstruction of a random Northern European woman. Who the hell is pretending that it's ''le true face of Boudica xD''? Stop playing dumb.
>>
>>1084602
Hmm, somewhat fappable, got any rule 34?
>>
>>1084611
well the reconstruction is just as good as your 6th century Isa tile
>>
>>1084611
>clearly ugly

Says you. You're the only one here who thinks so. I don't find him terrible attractive, but I don't find him repellent. He looks to me like the sort of person with just the right sort of humble to be a son of God.

Also, the original claim of that image wasn't being the true face of Jesus, just a face typical of the region (based on three skulls, actually) that would give a closer approximation than the various inane depictions that tended to model his appearance based on local ethnic groups and then-modern standards of appearance.

But seriously, this entire thing sounds like you be utterly ass-devastated that this depiction isn't the ruggedly handsome image you have cooked up in your head.
>>
>>1084611
>>No, what I am upset about is the blasphemous association that is made of a reconstruction of a clearly ugly man with the Lord Jesus Christ. What's even more frustrating and makes me wonder ''What the fuck?!'' is the fact that that random ugly man has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It's a literal random skull.

It's a depiction of what he might have actually looked like, not that he definitely looked like that.

>>Who the hell is pretending that it's ''le true face of Boudica xD''?
Honestly dude? It very easily could be precisely that, minus that shawl.
>>
>>1084624
That's why I see ''THE TRUE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST XD'' everywhere with a pic of that horrible visage?

See >>1084578
>>
>>1084565
>http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2013/05/the-fraudulent-letter-of-pontius-pilate.html
It mentions in that link that Pontius Pilate never mentioned jesus to Seneca.

Assuming for a moment that the resurrection and the supernatural events surrounding it actually happened, doesn't that seem odd? I mean earthquakes, the skys going dark supposedly, this is the kinda stuff that I would imagine him mentioning to somebody. Even if he doesn't connect them to the death of Jesus.
>>
File: Jesus of Nazareth.jpg (858KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus of Nazareth.jpg
858KB, 1280x1600px
God is literally Jesus' father so he has top-tier genetics to put it mildly.
>>
>>1084631
>That's why I see ''THE TRUE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST XD'' everywhere with a pic of that horrible visage?

Because people are idiots? The original intent of the image remains the same and your asshurt wont change that.

Also what's your problem with his earlobes? He's got large, connected earlobes. They're not a deformity.
>>
>>1084636
>>Literally posting white anglo-saxon jesus
lol

>>treating the supernatural as a matter of historical fact
double lol
>>
File: beautiful.png (430KB, 535x556px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.png
430KB, 535x556px
>>1084640
>
>>
>>1084648
Now I'm realizing that they even made that random man a mouthbreather.
>>
>>1084648
I didn't say the man in the image was beautiful (in fact, I said the opposite), just not ugly. The more this continues, the more I'm convinced you're not a troll. You're just an autist of a somewhat unusual bent, as evidenced by the hissy fit over something trivial (a fairly characteristic action of the mildly autistic) you're currently engaging in.
>>
>>1084654
>hissy fit
I'm perfectly calm and have actually been smiling this entire time while posting these pictures.

All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous. That's it.
>>
>>1084659
>I'm perfectly calm and have actually been smiling this entire time while posting these pictures.

I'll buy that for a dollar. Calm people don't screech about blasphemy.
>>
>>1084659
kek, this made me imagine you as the facial reconstruction Jesus smiling open mouth drooling as he shitposted on /his/
>>
>>1084663
>screech

>>1084665
xD
>>
>>1084665
>facial reconstruction Jesus
subtle bait
>>
File: FaceOfChristShroudOfTurin_Large.jpg (353KB, 825x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FaceOfChristShroudOfTurin_Large.jpg
353KB, 825x1000px
>>1084646
The incarnation of the Logos in the person of Yeshua ben Yosef is a historical fact.
>>
>>1083412
>What would you lose that you as a Christian would not be disgusted by?

I want everyone who isn't brainwashed already it consider this statement carefully. This is an example of the sorts of thinking that cultists operate under. Remember this sort of talk when christians talk about how good, loving, peaceful and harmless they are.

That's how most cults act at first.
>>
>>1084681
>>The incarnation of the Logos in the person of Yeshua ben Yosef is a historical fact.
No it isn't and there is no reliable evidence to support the assertion you are making.
>>
>>1084682
"Yeah, just give up wide swathes of your life and alter it to fit our ideology, you wont miss it anyway when you agree with us."

It's a bit creepy.
>>
>>1084685
>inb4 bible quotes
>>
>>1084688
Not the anon you replied to but >>1082672
>>
>>1084690
I should have been clear, more Bible quotes.
>>
>>1084688
Yeah probably, fuck these threads are dumb.
>>
>>1084693
I don't know why people respond to the troll. I can't blame them, I do it too. He's just so offensively stupid. At least he isn't calling evolution a cult.
>>
>the more copies there are, the more reliable it is lel
I've got a few copies of Pravda I can sell ya, mate.
>>
File: The Vine.png (452KB, 452x706px) Image search: [Google]
The Vine.png
452KB, 452x706px
>>1084685
I've met Jesus and that experience was reliable enough for me. I hope it happens to you one day.
>>
>>1084693
it's a shame really. A Christianity thread without apologists would be amazing
>>
>>1084696
We're on 4chan, responding to trolls is what we do sadly. I started reporting his posts to the mod in the vain hope that he would finally get banned but I'm not exactly holding my breath here.
>>
>>1084720
>reporting his posts
Which posts?
>>
>>1084702
I met Freya, norse goddess of love, war and tit jobs. I hope her divine boobies enclose around your neglected shaft some day.
>>
>>1084718
>I don't shitpost.
>makes a huge generalization of all athiests
>>
>>1084725
Some of the posts that are just religious preaching or posting bible quotes, seeing as how that is not actual historical discussion. Not all of them though, because you are the most prolific shitposter I've seen since the time of the various trolling tripfaggots on /v/.

So much so that I literally cannot be bothered to sift through the mountain of nonsense to report each one of them.
>>
>>1084718
>>Doesn't shitpost
>>I personally only defend Catholicism, the divinity of Jesus Christ, the Holy Shroud, post beautiful passages from the Holy Bible and sometimes argue about God with primitive simple-minded silly atheists.

Hate to break this to you, but on a board based around historical discussion this IS shitposting.
>>
File: 1.png (272KB, 340x574px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
272KB, 340x574px
>>1084729
>>1084735
They are wise words.

>They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart.
Ephesians 4:18
>>
File: 2.png (149KB, 656x266px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
149KB, 656x266px
>>1084740
>/his/ - History & Humanities
>History & Humanities
>& Humanities
>Humanities
Hate to break this to you pal, but this board isn't just for romaboo & byzaboo circlejerking.
>>
>>1084741
>They are wise words.
To believers such as yourself maybe, not necessarily for everyone else though. Furthermore, unless there is a discussion occurring regarding the historical context of various bible passages these words also are off-topic for a board primarily about the discussion of historical events.
>>
>>1084743
>>humanities means religious preaching central
You really aren't very bright, or autistic in some way.
>>
File: 3.png (149KB, 534x336px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
149KB, 534x336px
>>1084744
See >>1084743

I have every right to post Biblical passages since I am not breaking this board's rules.

>>1084746
Us ''christcucks'' are not going away anytime soon so I think it's time for you to put your big boy pants on and deal with it already.
>>
>>1084741
>They are darkened in their understanding
ironically coming from one of the pseudo-Pauline epistles which you still hold onto as authentic
>>
>>1084748
>I have every right to post Biblical passages since I am not breaking this board's rules.
>>posting bible passages in response to people disagreeing with you constitutes discussion in my diseased mind
So.

Where on the autism spectrum are you exactly?
>>
>>1084749
2/10

>>1084758
I smirk everytime I hit ''Post'' because I imagine the buttdevastation that my posts cause to atheists like yourself. The Word became flesh and no amount of whining will change this fact, with that said, quoting the Holy Bible is not idiotic.

See >>1082672
>>
File: YVHV.png (221KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
YVHV.png
221KB, 640x480px
>>1084769
>I smirk everytime I hit ''Post'' because I imagine the buttdevastation that my posts cause to atheists like yourself.
whatever helps you sleep at night, Demiurge worshiper
>>
>>1084769
Dude, me laughing at you and your arrogance and stupidity is hardly an example of butthurt.
>>
>>1084769
>quoting the Holy Bible is not idiotic.

Of course it is. Because its arguments all hinge on "God said so" and if you don't think God said so, then the argument loses its merit.
>>
File: 1460122462027.jpg (27KB, 510x498px) Image search: [Google]
1460122462027.jpg
27KB, 510x498px
>>1084781
>>1084784
>>1084785
>>
>>1082672

>And then the son of the LORD came from the heavens and whispered: "Truly, thou art a braindead faggot".

2 Your fucking whore of a mother 12:6
>>
>>1084799
eh, I still prefer Judges over Your fucking whore of a mother. nothing quite like Isaac 2.0- he totally did it the absolute madman
>>
>>1084799
>>1084805
>A scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none, But knowledge is easy to one who has understanding. Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge. The wisdom of the sensible is to understand his way, But the foolishness of fools is deceit. Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will.

Proverbs 14:6-9
>>
>>1084815
>>>posting bible passages in response to people disagreeing with you constitutes discussion in my diseased mind
So.

Where on the autism spectrum are you exactly?
>>
File: 1461015594849.jpg (4MB, 3256x1662px) Image search: [Google]
1461015594849.jpg
4MB, 3256x1662px
>>1084829
As, I already told you, quoting the Holy Bible is not idiotic since >>1082672

What don't you understand?

>Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 10:17
>>
>>1084868
Autism and it's associated disorders are not about stupidity. They are about a lack of social ability and inter-personal skills. You may want to consider why I'm calling you autistic, it's not done to insult you(well, not entirely anyway), you have a lack social ability and interpersonal skills as demonstrated by your posts in this thread.

I'm not kidding about that, nor am I saying it to mock you primarily.
>>
>>1084799

lel
>>
>>1082689
>the quran is even better preserved and there is less confusion about who wrote what with what intent, does that mean islam is even more certified than christianity

No sure if bait or really uneducated 13 year old.
>>
>>1084894
I used to be a poor atheist lost soul like you. You are frustrated and confused.

>Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; Trust him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as a light, and your justice as the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:3-6
>>
CHRIST is LORD.

HE is LORD.

Deny this and YOU will BURN.
>>
File: 1461653765514.png (591KB, 722x832px) Image search: [Google]
1461653765514.png
591KB, 722x832px
>>1084976

Please anon he's right
>>
>>1084976

Just stop
>>
>>1084982

prove it
>>
File: 1430214222900.jpg (166KB, 500x770px) Image search: [Google]
1430214222900.jpg
166KB, 500x770px
>>1084982
>There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
John 12:48-49

>Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.
John 14:6-7

>Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life.
1 John 2:22-25

>>1084995
I am genuinely trying to help you. You need to stop rejecting Him. The sooner you understand this, the better.
>>
File: 1461279628656.png (1MB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1461279628656.png
1MB, 690x460px
>>1085024

This is why I hate trying to argue with Christians. They never have any interest in having a critical analysis where one can scrutinize a given claim like one would in literally any other situation. Its all about trying to """""save"""""" me from their own schizophrenic hallucinations.
>>
>>1085009

GOD provides you with a CHOICE

Accept the WORD or BURN.

God's word is proof, heed it APOSTATE.
>>
>>1085027

It's impossible to argue with them because it boils down to "repent and be saved! let Him into your hearts!!!". How on Earth are you meant to even have a proper conversation with these people?
>>
>>1085034

But God doesn't exist anon, how can he provide me with anything if he doesn't exist in the first place?
>>
>>1084504
this
>>
>>1085027
>"""""save""""""
See >>1083479 >>1084533

>>1085040
>>1085044
>The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
Psalm 14:1-2
>>
>>1085080

Once again, no actual interest in adult conversation or analysis, just endless, meaningless proselytizing.
>>
That one guy does understand that citing scripture isn't actually a valid argument right? Nobody cares about what some self-proclaimed divine inspirated writer years after the event says.
>>
>>1085096
You are the one who lacks interest and I find this sad.

>>1085099
See >>1082672
>>
>>1085100

When all you have is a hammer, eh?
>>
>>1085100

"Nobody cares about scripture, your argument has to be logically sound."

Anon, 4:20

"Oh listen you, for the words of Anon are divine and infallible."

Anon, 13:37
>>
>>1085114
These are not my words, they are breathed out by God Almighty and you really need to understand them.

>For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Hebrews 4:12-13
>>
>>1085100

You might as well be quoting the quaran
>>
>>1085137

...everything looks like a nail
>>
>>1085139
No. See >>1082743 >>1082747 >>1082946 >>1083083
>>
>>1085140
One day you will understand, hopefully, but remember:

>You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14

See also Matthew 3:2 and 4:17.
>>
>>1085153
>>
>>1085162
I understood your post.
>>
>>1085137

But the words of Anon supercede those of scripture and your God as they are infallible. See >>1085114
>>
>>1085140
Ha on multiple levels
>>
>>1082621
>neglecting the fact that the originals of the NT are already decades after the """""facts""""" they depict.
>neglecting the fact Homer/Iliad are works of fiction. Oh wait, so is the bible
>neglecting the fact that “number of copies” or “years between copy and original” tells you NOTHING about reliability
>neglecting the fact that most of the numbers in your pic seem to be pulled out of your ass
ct tha Homer/Iliad are works of fiction. Oh wait, so is the bible
>neglecting
>>
>>1085189
See >>1082633
>>
I have to go now, I'll be back later if the thread is still up.

Remember:

The Word became flesh.
>>
>>1085205
There is a reasonable argument to be made that he never existed at all
>>
>>1082743
>>1082747
Oh, fuck, it's you again.
>>
>>1085899
What's wrong? Are you muslim?
>>
don't die on me
>>
>>1087441
No, why the fuck would I be Muslim? I'm just fucking sick of the same posts over and over again in every single religious thread.
>>
>>1088892
You are defending Islam.

I am telling you that it's evil.

Why are you triggered?
>>
>>1082621
Anon, anon. O, my dear sweet summer anon. Lo, at what thy hath causeth in thine thread! No, seriously, why the fuck does every thread on 4chan involving Christianity boils down to Christians using circular logic and insisting that the Bible is right, regardless of what every single opposition has said. Look, I'm a Christian, too, but these shitty "doos vooolt" heathens have gotten out of control. We need a containment board for Christians, FFS.
>>
>>1084868
Your repulsive circular logic makes my dick hurt.
>>
>>1085034
That's not fucking proof, you fucking braindead retard! That's as legitimate as me citing this verse
>For the Sovereign Lord hath spoketh unto thee, "Thou art retardeth, thou fucking imbecilic moron, for thou hath giveth none but circular logic as thine proof of my word, faggot."

Kek 6:9

Fuck you and your circular logic.
>>
>>1088919
>I'm a Christian
No you aren't, because if you were, you would be in complete agreement with this >>1082672.

Quoting the Holy Bible is not idiotic. The Word became flesh yet atheists remain in denial.

>shitty "doos vooolt" heathens
This is /his/ - History & Humanities, not /pol/.
>>
>>1088941
Again, yes, I'd be in agreement with that anon. But FFS, this is the real world. You need to provide cold evidence to support your claim! This is philosophy, not faith.
>>
>>1088898
Because you have nil evidence for Islam being a work of the devil. None, zilch, nix, absolutely zero! All you're doing is speculating. And as barbaric as Islam is, it's as legitimate as we are. Neither one of us have proof for our claims. And again, the simple reason I am triggered is because I'm fucking sick of the same posts over and over again.
>>
File: jesus-laid-to-rest-ray-downing.jpg (143KB, 686x900px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-laid-to-rest-ray-downing.jpg
143KB, 686x900px
>>1088963
>cold evidence
I've provided that countless times. Atheists deny everything. I've btfo'd many atheists in arguments in real life, guess what their last words were? Something along the lines of ''well, I just don't believe''

They are spiritually empty, delusional and irrational. Yet they keep calling us those last 2 words.

Try calling into the AtheistExperience show, they'll cut you off, put you on hold, insult you, try to ridicule you, won't let you finish your argument, strawman like crazy and eventually hang up on you. You might lose your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iKW9hFVwxk

Wanna guess what happens when they're in power? They either silence or kill you.
>>
>>1089029
oops, wrong video, you still get the point
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.