[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Andrew_Jackson.jpg (43KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew_Jackson.jpg
43KB, 334x250px
What do you guys think of him
>>
Badass and shit.

He was a shitty president though.
>>
First populist candidate. Fighting the bank was a mistake. Genociding the Natives might have been a bad and unconstitutional thing to do but hey, it secured the south.

Also, he wouldn't want to be on the 20 anyway.
>>
>>1060129
I always confuse him with jefferson.
>>
>>1060129
Crazy cunt, shit president. Lelbertarians masturbate to this pic of him daily
>>
>>1060149
Why would Lelbertarians support him when he defied the Supreme Court?
>>
File: 29438340.jpg (62KB, 427x582px) Image search: [Google]
29438340.jpg
62KB, 427x582px
>>1060129
>>
>>1060152
"Muh banks!"
>>
>>1060129
Literally nothing good about his presidency
>>
>>1060224
Well he got rid of the national debt and fought for the common (white) man (and you have to start somewhere)
>>
>>1060234
Andrew Jackson set up a economic crisis later though
>>
Interesting trivia - he was the first president who wasn't a Freemason.
>>
He removed natives like kebab and killed some Britbongs defending my home state so yeah I like him
>>
>>1060149
As a libertarian, I can tell you that most still hate him. He was a fuckstain. There are worse statist policies than the banks.
>>
>>1060129

He did absolutely nothing wrong

>muh defying the supreme court

None of the actions he took were in direct conflict with his constitutional powers, he was only censured due to banker pawn butthurt and it was later dismissed.

The bank's existence in itself conflicted with our interests and gave them an unfair anti-capitalist monopoly which they abused regularly. Not to mention a large chunk of the stocks were held by foreign interests. Why in the world would you give a private bank with PRIVATE interests a monopolistic power over the economy like that?

>he caused a collapse

He "collapsed" the central bank alright, but not the economy, it wasn't until Specie Circular(3 years later) that the economy as a whole was impacted significantly. Even then only exploitative banks who speculated too much, regularly gave out funny money and engaged in lending WAY more than they possessed were affected. Allot of the criticism for getting rid of the central bank stemmed from people saying they kept local speculation to a minimum but even the they did a shit job at that. Specie circular basically accomplished most of this without the baggage and corruption of the central bank. This was probably the most genius way he got his desired affect of reforming the economy without being unconstitutional. The vast majority of the depressions were after his term when van Buren took over and undid half of what he had done.

>muh injuns

They we're going to be displaced by the locals eventually, if he prevented them from doing so there would be civil conflict. Not to mention several tribes regularly raided colonists. If he didn't step in and get them to relocate they would have been wiped out by the states. Only the foolish tribes failed to see that it was the federal government protecting them from the state locals, plenty of the rational tribes made agreements and migrated without problems early on. It wasn't until some of the other resisted that they went through hardships.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.