[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greek and Romans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_nlepn2Vm5f1rr4mo6o1_500.jpg (145KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlepn2Vm5f1rr4mo6o1_500.jpg
145KB, 500x680px
Did they lift?
>>
File: athenians.png (73KB, 1545x422px) Image search: [Google]
athenians.png
73KB, 1545x422px
>>1048092
>>
>>1048092

I wonder what workouts they did

I remember reading Mark Antony liked wearing short togas because Cleopatra liked mirin his muscular thighs.
>>
>>1048211
Lol quality post, the one you shared.
>>
>>1048211
awful pic
>>
>>1048211
while I don't doubt that the men were muscular the lack of nutrition, adequate healthcare, and overall living conditions would have left them far less uberbuff than this guy puts it. But hey if you want to go all greekaboo who am I to stop you.
>>
>>1048211
no homo tho it's all to be natty af
>>
>>1048236
Also no "supplements" and "nutrition" there. You know to give that "natural" build.
>>
>>1048224
Spartans according to Herodotus did gymnastics and bodyweight exercises to be strong. Young greek men probably look like natty gymnasts.
>>
>>1048092
>Did they lift?

Probably not.

Strength development, and muscle mass, are not contingent on degenerate and superfluous practices like repeatedly lifting heavy objects.

Bodyweight, and cereal-based diet, are all that is necessary.
>>
File: fedoracat.gif (2MB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
fedoracat.gif
2MB, 335x237px
>>1048339
>Strength development, and muscle mass, are not contingent on degenerate and superfluous practices like repeatedly lifting heavy objects.
>>
File: Lu-Xiaojun.jpg (58KB, 293x569px) Image search: [Google]
Lu-Xiaojun.jpg
58KB, 293x569px
>>1048339
>Bodyweight, and cereal-based diet, are all that is necessary.
t. adult male who can't bench the bar
>>
File: 1439203067902.jpg (108KB, 890x606px) Image search: [Google]
1439203067902.jpg
108KB, 890x606px
>>1048339
t. Fatty Mcfatty burger
>>
>>1048374
>>1048368
>>1048362
Pathetic stupid samefag.

Go away, moron.
>>
>>1048236
>Hey Socrates what'd you have for dinner?
"Freshly killed goat, the milk of its mother, and turnips."

I'm sure his diet was fine.
>>
>>1048236
Do you actually believe that the average person today has a better diet, better health, and better living conditions than the average person in ancient Greece?

If so, you are a deluded ignorant idiot.
>>
>>1048211
Pretty sure there was a line in the Republic or one of other's Plato's dialogue that he brings up how different the working class, mostly artisan, citizens were to the wealthy ones who did no physical labour, in physical appearance and shape, while in file in the field as hoplites. As I recall from some annotated notes from I think Oxford World classics, Athenian hoplites only lined up like twice a year or something for drills that included exercises.

Rowers mostly consisted of the underclass citizen labourers. I think Aristophanes makes a few remarks making fun of them for wanting to make a quick buck by voting to get into conflicts so they can make a few more bucks in their daily wages, as were set by the Assembly for rowers. Same as he makes fun of old male citizens for trying to constantly get on jury duty everyday for the pay as if it was their career.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.