[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teaching Feeling X44 Lewd Meals Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 29

File: 136 - Nephy.jpg (273KB, 1275x848px) Image search: [Google]
136 - Nephy.jpg
273KB, 1275x848px
Nephy really should get more screen time too! And costumes.

So here we go:

>Here is the one and the only
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE162718.html

>Latest modpatch with all that tasty stuff we all love
https://mega.nz/#F!DxcWBBqS!Yx9NjiLNtXsN2Ty41WfOYQ

Contains translation in addition to tons and tons of good stuff, such as new scenes, cloth, etc.

Since shit seriously got into the fan in the last thread and I don't really wanna see this whole "cursing parade" aganist the most delivering guys, such as TechSupport and Patch-kun, here are some quick answers for several most ass burning questions you may ask and ask again:

1. No, no one except (maybe) author himself could affect the choosing of eng company for TF. IT's like EA cancer we need to deal somehow some time.
2. It is speculative, cause I wasnt there, but I suppose, that for our guys it was either they accept SP offer to work on the official version, or SP tells them to fuck off cause they have no rights and uses their hard work for free anyway. So, all good and bad words aside, I'm glad that these particular people worked on this and not some nameless grunts who just downloaded their archives from mega.
3. And yes, after some shit throwing they got paid and I think it was not a bad price, so people who were keep saying that they have sold their asses for free are wrong.

Tho about everything else I know as much as you - nothing, so I think only time will tell us how good the official release will be. Till then - as usual, contribute with stories and ideas, don't be a dick and don't pave the way with sandwiches.
And have hope that both Aurelia and Nephy will get their own games soon.
>>
erm, ok, what version are we on now?
>>
File: 54444553_p5_master1200.jpg (970KB, 862x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54444553_p5_master1200.jpg
970KB, 862x1200px
only time will tell i suppose...
and my mind hasnt been consumed by the corporate overlords to be added to the shill army yet.
so we are safe from the hivemind for now.

anyway, modpatch is still up and i'll still add stuff to it when i can and of course im still listening to suggestions
>>
>>4647896
>>
File: image.png (515KB, 1200x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
515KB, 1200x653px
There is some serious FUD in the OP, but that's okay. Short answer, game is licensed by Sekai Project, official English version was built by all of us who did the unofficial stuff, the official game is uncensored and way better than the old unofficial stuff, we can't wait until you all can play it.

We don't know anything about distribution or when it'll be out yet. As soon as we do we'll let you know.
>>
>>4647916
shoo shoo SP shill phoneposter
>>
>>4647918
It's okay. Keep calling me an SP shill. I'm still the same Patch-kun as always. It's cool.
>>
still will not buy the game kappa
>>
It would be nice to T H I C C up Sylvie a bit. Or some mixture to make her breast swell bigger. For SCIENCE
>>
>>4647934
Or just her filling out as a natural result of finally being able to eat properly.
It would take a lot of work to do, though. Having to redraw all the sprites and make all the variant CG.
>>
I'd gladely buy the game again, its worth it imo.
>>
what do I put in to get full lust and such?
>>
>>4648007
The thing that allowed you to inject code with the input field(s) was fixed quite some time ago. If you want to edit variables without going through the effort (i.e. playing the game), you'll either need to edit the save file, use Cheat Engine, or something along those lines.
>>
>>4647893
>Here's the TeachingFeeling All-in-One Patchv11e:
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/SBIebDzV/file.html

>Because removing something before any alternative is available is just stupid.
>>
>>4648160
oh does mine not count as a "alternative"? heh
>>
>>4648162
Mod and translation are different things and you know that.
>>
File: 15281380986937569811.jpg (745KB, 3327x2951px) Image search: [Google]
15281380986937569811.jpg
745KB, 3327x2951px
>>4648167
to be fair mine is more Translation+DLC than any real overhaul to the game that changes the vanilla experience.
>Vanilla with sprinkles if you would

not that i dont get the purist POV tho
just sayin you aren't missing anything
>>
>>4647905
how does one upgrade
>>
>>4648233
You don't. You acquire version 1.9.2 and apply the up-to-date translation patch (with or without fan-made extras).
>>
>>4648182
That reminds me. Did that one slime headpat game get translated yet?
>>
>>4648058
TyranoBuilder has a debugger that you can use to edit variables directly and jump between scenes.
>>
How do I get the kitchen and 2nd forrest scene? Ig tooltip is useless
>>
>>4648653
Dress her only in an apron and then fuck her at night.

Second forest scene is just with higher lust and still wearing the idol dress.
>>
>>4648661
Still can't get either to work, I've even tried all the colours I have, lust is at 200+
>>
>>4648692
He had a typo, you need to not fuck Sylvie in order to get the kitchen scene. Remember to dress her only in an apron. Also, the scene isn't 100% chance, though it is high. Keep trying until you get it.

Can't remember the forest scene though. I don't think it had any other conditions than idol dress and high enough lust, though.
>>
>>4648731

If you keep dressing her in just the apron and don't fuck her it will definitely happen eventually. She has to reach a certain level of horniness then BAM!
>>
>>4648731
>the forest scene
You need to get the sequence where she asks you to sit down for a bit. Then there'll be an option to kiss her which starts the scene.
>>
>>4648731
I finally did get the 2 remaining Forrest scenes, trying my luck on kitchen now
>>
Is there anywhere i can go to see all the updates from each version? Last time I played it was 1.8.1

Is there any new sex scenes or interesting content updates since then?
>>
>>4648790
cowgirl is hot
>>
>>4648794
There's a specific cow girl scene or is it part of the normal sex scene?
>>
>>4648804
>>4648794
I only know of the reverse cowgirl scene which is integrated into the main missionary one
>>
>>4647893
>don't pave the way with sandwiches.
I will throw as many sandwiches as it takes for SP to get their shit together.

still no Nekopara vol 2 physical available wryyyy
>>
>>4647934
>>4647935
fucking americans. You want to make even cartoons fat.
>>
>>4648959
Nah, you gotta pave the way with pancakes, not sandwiches. They look nicer as stepping stones.
>>
>>4648963
I don't want her to look like she's still skin and bones when I've been giving her proper-sized meals and taking her out to eat and such.
>>
File: 144763967363.jpg (68KB, 435x712px) Image search: [Google]
144763967363.jpg
68KB, 435x712px
>>4649038
>>
>>4649102
I would headpat JoJo Sylvie
>>
Maybe i'm a freak, but I wish there was an option to abuse silvy after her intimacy is above 1000
>>
>>4648244
I wondering this too. Can't seem to find anything. Slime Musume no Sodatekata, right?
>>
>>4649113
But what would her stand be?
>>
>>4649194
'Addicted to You'
Normally a long range automatic stand, it conveys to the user the location and status of their loved one at all times. But when the user receives headpats from their loved one, the Stand shifts to Act 2. 'Addicted to You: Act 2' is essentially just Crazy D, but gains power when defending the user's loved one.
>>
>reads latest TF news

oh... well, it was good while it lasted, see ya on the other side guys, bye
>>
>>4649217
That... actually woks pretty well considering CD can't heal it's master, hence it can't remove her scars.
>>
File: IMG_6882.jpg (269KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6882.jpg
269KB, 768x1024px
>>4648959
Are you the same person who posted on ULMF about that? Because I'm still confused by your statement, seeing as pic related I had signed at AX2016, so that'd be a year ago dude...

>>4649218
Laters! Come back in August, we're having a sale on Birkenstocks.
>>
I have a question. With 2.0 due out sometime, is that going to be translated?
>>
>>4649291
If the question is, "Is Patch-kun going to translate 2.0.0 unofficially when it comes out?" then the answer to that question is 'no'.
>>
>>4649102
dont think thats what he meant by not being skin and bones
>>
>>4649326
This wouldn't have been such a big problem if we at least had a ETA for the official English release. But we don't have it, and we may be stuck with v1.9.2 for weeks, months or even more than that.

Thank you, Patch-kun.
>>
>>4647131
>Loli
>Pubes

Pick one and only one.
>>
Instructions on getting this running 'natively' for Linux (and maybe BSD) fags: http://pushl.net/blog/21/

You can also get it running in a recent version of Wine by setting it to Xp mode.
>>
>>4649337
I wish I knew too. There are things that are out of my hands. It's the best I can do to at least be honest to all of you about what I can say.
>>
>>4649242
Yes.

Not all of us can go to AX.

The issue is that they never added the physical to Denpasoft.

>>4649482
Not entirely, Burning Bush just happens to be one of the lewdest.

Could check below for most of the other h-scenes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Mu2tWPxRcpamw2bS1oVGQ4NVk
>>
>>4649439
Nope, you don't even need to use Wine's VM function

I tested it with latest version of wine-stable (2.0.1) and it runs just fine natively, this is highly likely to change once the next update hits though, because tyrano's getting updated too
>>
>>4649603
boo they dont have best girl Herbaceous Peony
>>
>>4649603
Woah, Christmas Rose is adorable as hell.
>>
[spoiler]we FKG general now[/spoiler]

>>4649874
I have her, just haven't recorded her yet.

Also, Helenium > Herbaceous. And Daisy > both.
>>
>>4649603
>The issue is that they never added the physical to Denpasoft.

IIRC that was supposed to be done by Easter last year? Good times. Sekai gonna Sekai.
>>
>>4649845
Hope the native method still works if Wine breaks.
>>
Uhm...with Teaching Feeling getting officially licensed, that makes me concerned really. I did buy it over dlsite english legally, do I have to buy it again?

I hope not, meanwhile for translation quality, thats not something I'd be really concerned about when the dialogue and stuff is simple
>>
>>4650572
There has been no news about distribution yet, so no one knows.

As for translation quality, well...how did you like the game when it wasn't licensed? Did you enjoy it? If so the official version should be great, seeing as the same team that does the unofficial version did the official one.
>>
>>4650607
I actually know somebody who helps the unofficial translator on it and I definitely liked it yes, mainly for those comforting moments. I also found the translation to be pretty good and not awkward too. I just end up feeling like I want future patches to come faster because I want more content if anything
>>
>>4650673
I want that as well. I really want to see this work out, and for the English build to continue moving forward with the JP version.
>>
File: How to Humble.png (223KB, 1130x629px) Image search: [Google]
How to Humble.png
223KB, 1130x629px
https://www.humblebundle.com/sekai-project-bundle
Am I doing it right?
>>
>>4650922
kek, good job.
>>
>>4650927
In the end, I chose $12.01 and gave SP a penny.
>>
>>4650922
I love the fact that the top contribution is only $50
>>
>>4651007
Is this atypical for humble bundles in general?
>>
>>4647893
Blimey.

I remember asshats getting pissed off at Ray for not caring to release an official English version, and now people are getting pissed off at her for finally doing so?

Or is it the company that she did chose for that people get butthurt over?

I've been gone for too long.

(Do not bother to tell me that Ray's a guy. But since this place is filled with autism you'll probably tell me anyways).
>>
>>4651044
Ray--

Shit. Anyway, yes, people are anally apocalyptic that Ray went with the company he'd already had experience with over some other company. Lots of people hate Sekai Project, and some of them even have perfectly valid reasons for doing so.

However, at the present time there is little to hate them for -directly related to TF- other than taking down the unofficial patch without providing an alternative or even issuing a press release. There is no news about distribution of the game so we don't know what this means for existing buyers, and the game itself is the translation we knew and loved except now it's polished and accompanied by uncensored artwork.

So for now, no need to panic. That can come once we actually know something concrete.
>>
>>4651044
>Or is it the company that she did chose for that people get butthurt over?
This. There's a big chance that they'll fuck it up.

And also this:
>>4649337
>This wouldn't have been such a big problem if we at least had a ETA for the official English release. But we don't have it, and we may be stuck with v1.9.2 for weeks, months or even more than that.
Official English release isn't even announced yet, but the creator of the unofficial translation already decided to abandon it. This sucks.
>>
>>4651028
I've seen ones go in the thousands, so...
>>
File: sek.png (214KB, 1124x1037px) Image search: [Google]
sek.png
214KB, 1124x1037px
>>4651044
Sekai project has an awful reputation in 4chan. Mostly thanks to Dovac, it's owner, acting like an asshole every week in /jp/ years ago.
>>
>>4651044
Oh, one more thing. Sekai ABSOLUTELY fucked over the fantranslator of Baldr Sky, one of the older guys in the scene.
>>
>>4649194
>>4649217
>>4649220
i kinda wanna draw a comic panel of this now...
>>
>>4651065
Juicy details?
>>
>>4651058
>>4651065
Well here goes the thread again.
Someone come get me when you all stop circlejerking your SP hateboners and get back to headpats.
>>
>>4651073
You could ask in the VNTS thread in /jp/. They talk about it all the time and can provide better sources than me.
Long story short:
Sekai used Aroduc's translation as leverage during negotiations with Giga for Baldr Sky (Basically "Hey, we have a big chunk of this game of yours translated and would like to officially localize it"). This was WITHOUT Aroduc's knowledge. Giga accepted.
Months later, Aroduc made a post on his blog about how he was offered a ridiculously low amount of money to hand over his translation and LEAVE the project. After trying to renegotiate several times unsuccessfully, he told sekai to go fuck themselves and didn't give them shit.
He deleted the blog post but you can find it in the internet archive if you know where to look.

Aroduc's been kinda of MIA since that mess and it looks like he might stop fan translating for good.

This is what he's done unofficially in case you're not familiar with him
https://vndb.org/p361
He also worked officially on Seinarukana and Little Witch Romanesque.
He's famous for doing gameplay VNs.
>>
File: 010.jpg (109KB, 438x449px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
109KB, 438x449px
>>4651107
>>4651108
>07
>08
>>
>>4651044
>knows Ray is a guy
>refers to him as a her anyways
Why?
>>
>>4651113
Have you HEARD him on stream?

Also it triggers some people really badly. I can literally imagine some people right now trying really hard not to write an angry post about me being ambiguous. And since it's easy enough for me to replace pronouns, why not?

Here's your why.

>>4651049
Wait. So the previously unofficial translator is now working on the official translation, and took down his previous releases because he's turning into a Jew?

I often call people faggots, but in this case it's justified.
>>
>>4651135
How does calling ray a she trigger people?
>>
>>4651144
Seems more like Cunningham's Law than "triggering" since people gotta feel superior by correcting someone.
>like this for example
>>
>>4651135
Patch-kun himself here. Yes, the previously unofficial translator (me) had an opportunity to work on an official project that would finally provide a bridge between Ray and the English-speaking TF community and took it. I took down the unofficial patch upon request. To not do so would have been bad to say the least.

You can call me a jew or a faggot if you want (actually that second one is pretty funny), but I started working on TF for the community and worked on an official version for the exact same reason. Otherwise we'd still be spinning our wheels with Ray calling anyone who isn't playing the Japanese version a pirate.

>select all images: bridges
>>
>>4651107
DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>4651187
>that would finally provide a bridge between Ray and the English-speaking TF community
Really? That's how you spin it?

Really?

No, really. You're serious about this?

I envy people who can hallucinate without drugs.

There is not a gap to span a bridge over. Ray called some people who aren't playing the Japanese version pirates when the only thing they did was to apply a (translation) patch to it. Getting mad at people for doing so is not a position to span a bridge to - after all they already paid for it, one way or the other.

I can take the argument of people not wanting to deal with the methods of payment that Ray's contractor offered - but you could have fixed that problem by offering some other forms of payment, rather than directly developing a new version. Or provide a pre-patched version for this one. Remove the censor. Bada-bamm, problems solved.

This is just to get money from people. Because at this point we had a pretty decent translation and a pretty decent modpatch as well. Could have used the same assets as well.

(Not saying anything about people who actually are torrenting the game for free - I'm talking about legitimate customers).

>You can call me a jew or a faggot if you want
I'll gladly take up on that offer whenever the situation occurs.
>>
>>4651213
>There is not a gap to span a bridge over. Ray called some people who aren't playing the Japanese version pirates when the only thing they did was to apply a (translation) patch to it. Getting mad at people for doing so is not a position to span a bridge to - after all they already paid for it, one way or the other.

Ray's opinion, as posted on his Twitter, is that if you play anything that isn't the JP version, you're a pirate, so don't bother talking to him. It also says that he's considering releasing an official English version which, in fact, is true. The official version just happens to be happening as a result of coordination with the same people who were doing the unofficial stuff.

So, again, opportunity arose to make the English version of TF official. As someone who never supported piracy in the first place (as you would know if you kept up with the patches, since they only worked on the current-at-the-time versions of the game and require a full, untouched copy such as from DMM/DLSite), it should be fairly obvious why I agreed.

>but you could have fixed that problem by offering some other forms of payment, rather than directly developing a new version. Or provide a pre-patched version for this one. Remove the censor. Bada-bamm, problems solved.

Why are you talking to me as if I work for Sekai Project? I'm just the translator/script guy, same as when I was working on the unofficial patch. If you have business-related suggestions, forward them to an SP social media account I guess? Unless you're suggesting I could've struck a deal with Ray personally, in which case no, I don't have that sort of clout.

>This is just to get money from people.
I literally don't know how distribution is going to be handled yet so I don't know what it means for existing purchasers. Nor does anyone else.

By the way, if you're going to AX, feel free to hit me up and call me those things in person, or maybe just chat shit about TF. I'm cool with that.
>>
>>4651225
>Ray's opinion, as posted on his Twitter, is that if you play anything that isn't the JP version, you're a pirate
Yeah, and I don't even bother with that definition of a pirate. It's a retarded opinion, and it makes him look retarded. Moving on.

>it should be fairly obvious why I agreed
My argument was not pointed at the fact that there was need of you to be hired in the first place. I addressed it, that's true, but my problem with the publisher here is that an "official" thing is hardly required in the first place - not by definition of a rambling artist, but by sane logic.

No, my problem with you is that you took down your work. You don't do such things. What you do is saying: I've discontinued working on the latest version and am working on an official version. Latest version works with 1.9.2 (or whatever the latest one is), if something breaks I'm outta here.

That is totally justifiable. Getting money is a reality of life. But at least give people the chance to continue using 1.9.2 for whatever reason. THIS is just a dick move.

>Why are you talking to me as if I work for Sekai Project?
I was not talking to you directly, but AS IF I was Ray thinking about how to solve the issue. And since people still consider me at least partially sane I'd come up with a solution that would keep a contractor company out of the way, still pay you for your (now official) work on the (now optional) English patch, and do not resolve to business solutions on xenophobic bias.

My problem with Ray is that he put in another company in charge; that is dumb.
My problem with you is that you put down your previous content because "it would have been bad" otherwise.

>I don't have that sort of clout.
It's enough of a clout to be THE translator for this game, right? That immediately proves two things:
You can read Japanese to a degree - IOW understand his moon.
You know the game already quite well.

I highly doubt your point here.
>>
>>4651239
>No, my problem with you is that you took down your work.

I have a legal obligation to do so. You can have a problem with me all you want, but I'm going to go ahead and err on the side of the law on this one rather than an anon on 4chan who, understandably, is disappointed that there is no longer a patch available nor is the official version available for download/purchase.

>I highly doubt your point here.
There's this thing called 'international relations experience in the gaming industry' which I lack credentials for. I don't have lawyers, I don't have contract law studied, I don't have a proper channel to discuss business matters with, I don't have a distribution platform, etc etc etc. I'm woefully underqualified to serve as the licensing body for international distribution.

Translator though? Yeah, that I can definitely do.
>>
>>4651246
You didn't just delete your translation because of some "legal obligation". You struck a deal with SP to turn your translation into the official one. And you're trying to convince people that you had no say in that deal? If you're "working for the community" you could've reached an agreement with SP on your terms: provide unofficial translation support until the official version is released (or at least gets a release date) and keep old translation online. But you haven't even tried - instead you just did everything that SP told you to do. Most likely, in exchange for money.
>>
>>4651265
I can only say that you don't know what you're talking about because you aren't involved. However, I cannot prove it to you, so you're free to think whatever you like. That's the wonderful thing about the internet.

So, AX? Knock a few back for Sylvie?
>>
>>4651289
I'm not >>4651265 , but the previous posts. But you already contradicted yourself, so I'm not gonna bother with you as well anymore.

Just this one:
>However, I cannot prove it to you, so you're free to think whatever you like.

At least you're smart enough to recognize that evidence that you cannot publish is no evidence at all. Wish intelligence services were to realise that as well.
>>
>>4651296
I'm curious where you found a contradiction, but I wish you well regardless. Safe headpats to you, anon.
>>
>>4651309

>>4651246
>I have a legal obligation to do so.

I do not remember having seen a EULA thus far associated with TF, and even if there is it is highly doubtable that it is compatible with at least US law. You do not remove protection/DRM code. You do not republish game assets. You provide a folder structure that, if applied correctly, makes the game engine show your own content rather than the original content.

I'd go and find a different lawyer for a second opinion. If that kind of things were forbidden by law, IPS patches, mods and jailbreaks were universally forbidden as well.

>an anon on 4chan is disappointed
Even if the patch wasn't universally available anymore - which I again highly doubt, but since I don't care I didn't even bother searching for a mirror or something (and doesn't this one count? http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/SBIebDzV/file.html) - even if this was the case, and even if it was true that I'm disappointed - even then that does not change the nature of my argument. In other words: my argument stands whether or not I'm disappointed.

Which I'm not, but that's just for the record. There are loli games that let me get off better than TF does, but that's just an aside.

>There's this thing called 'international relations experience in the gaming industry' which I lack credentials for.
The only thing that changed from my postulated position to your current position is the "international" part. I wasn't implying that you should go ahead and take care of the publishing, I was saying that Ray should do an official English release through equal channels as he did in the past, and that - again - you'd only provide the translation for that. He takes care of business, or rather whatever takes care of business right now does, and you take care of the translation.

The only difference that I can see between those two positions might be tax stuff and currency issues. And that's usually the problem of the entity that does business - a.k.a. SEP.
>>
newfag here, I suck at computers. How do I apply the translation?
>>
>>4651330
Oh, that's where you think the contradiction is. Then I will say the same thing I said to the other anon: you don't know what you're talking about because you aren't involved. And just like in that case, I cannot prove that you are wrong, so you are free to continue thinking whatever you want.

As for the international stuff, while I'm not equipped to run a business, I at least know a little bit about what's probably involved. For instance, one still has to enter into a business relationship, and Ray and I weren't exactly on speaking terms, nor do I know how I would even have contacted him without immediately being ignored or blocked. There's also the issue of jurisdiction--especially when uncensored content is involved. That would likely have been easier were Ray still in the US, but since he's not, I imagine that would be difficult to do without a publisher willing to accept the legal responsibility. I know censorship is kind of a huge deal in Japan, so I can only imagine what must be involved in that aspect of localization.

This is just me talking off the top of my head, however, and has nothing to do with what's actually happening. I'm not privvy to business-related stuff, just the game itself. The bottom line is I was not equipped to strike any 'deals' with Ray, so I left it to those who were and here we are at the present day.

My offer to hang out and discuss glorious headpats stands if any anons are hitting up AX.
>>
>>4651336
I dont know where the hell i need to put the rar file I get from extracting the patch folder. Thats all I need.
>>
>>4651349
Sorry, you'll need to wait for the always-online DRM protected SP's English TF release in two years to play the game now!
>>
>>4651336
Extract the archive and put its contents into the game folder.
>>
>>4651330
>loli games that let you get off better
Do share.
>>
File: ushio.gif (857KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
ushio.gif
857KB, 384x288px
i-is it s-safe to come out yet?

some headpats here would be nice...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-07_05-21-30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-07_05-21-30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>4651225
>Ray's opinion, as posted on his Twitter, is that if you play anything that isn't the JP version, you're a pirate

Ray is really weird about this shit. He was fine when people figured out how to get this running on an unsupported platform (Linux), but he spergs right the fuck out over a translation patch?
>>
>>4651541
Violated Heroine in Serena mode. Once I turned her into a willing slut she's milking me dry.
>>
>>4651559
Well, he's a cunt. I'm sorry I paid for it at this point since he seems to think treating customers like shit is ok.
>>
File: tumblr_nz8azowoUz1r68bjzo1_1280.jpg (65KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz8azowoUz1r68bjzo1_1280.jpg
65KB, 1000x1000px
>>4651562
My point was that I don't get his logic.

>Patching the game to run on Linux
Fine, just as long as you paid of it

>Patching the game so English speakers can play
You're a fucking pirates make me sick
>>
>>4651566
it's quite simple actually

"muh profits" with a dash of "waito piggu go homu"
>>
>>4651546
I'd say that it was safe here the entire time. We've had a civil discussion. At its end one party admitted that they cannot provide proof for their version (and while I still stand to my statement that evidence that you cannot publish is no evidence at all, I know enough about NDAs to know that he might very well not be allowed to say anything about their agreement).

If you felt unsafe during this discussion on the internet you might have a hard time during discussions in real life.
>>
File: 1487199940849.jpg (55KB, 323x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487199940849.jpg
55KB, 323x720px
>>4651605
well i was more probing to see if you guys were done putting up walls of text in a discussion thats unlikely to get anywhere. so anons can have their cozy thread back.

my mistake for assuming that it wouldnt be taken literally, but i will admit to having a hard time talking to people in real life so i guess your spot on there.
>>
>>4651584
I dont get it, didnt he allow his earlier works to get localized before? The one with the cyclops schoolgirl.

I really dont get it, is there a general implication that having an english patch makes a game more likely to be pirated? I suppose there is some truth in that I guess
>>
>>4651559
>>4651562
>>4651566
>>4651645
He has that opinion because dumbasses without two brain cells to rub together would do shit like literally say to his face that they pirated his shit, or would ask him where to get the latest TL patch. People who got it working on Linux didn't do that, so the association was never made.

Instead, a bunch of moronic pirates who don't understand the basic concept of not telling the creator of the game they'd pirated it ruined it for everybody.
>>
I don't get the whole point of having a middle man in the first place.
Just hand the TL over to Ray and let him put up English version of TF page on DLsite (or elsewhere if DLsite's commission is too high), done.

Fuck Sekai, they're the fifth wheel leeching on the product they've never contributed anything to.
>>
File: tumblr_o6ixj3VTaK1rtvtmeo1_1280.png (245KB, 612x1126px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6ixj3VTaK1rtvtmeo1_1280.png
245KB, 612x1126px
Y'know, maybe somebody should just remake the game in Ren'Py, or some other open source engine, and release the source code. There wouldn't be shit Ray could do about it.
>>
boooooooring sex scenes
>>
>>4651661
Have you heard of copyright?
>>
>>4651661
Except if you used any of the art assets, or any of the script, or any of the music, or any of the SFX, etc.

You can remake the Tyrano engine in Ren'py if you want, but the moment you use someone else's content there's hardly nothing Ray could do about it.
>>
>>4651668
How would that be any different than OpenMW, GemRB, ScummVM, and every other open source engine that requires non-free assets? If there is nothing Bethesda can do about OpenMW, what the hell could Ray do about a hypothetical OpenTF?
>>
>>4651667
You can make a free engine work with any game as long as it doesn't ship with the assets. The main benefit would be that it would be much easier to mod and patch an open source engine than fucking Tyrano Builder.
>>
>>4651670
Well it's pretty simple. For example, you bring up ScummVM. The engine itself requires nothing by way of assets, so it's free and clear.

If, however, you're distributing copyrighted material that runs in that engine (i.e. games), then it's just a question of whether the rights holder for LucasArts SCUMM games wants to come after you or not.

Likewise, if you port Tyrano to RenPy, that's fine, you're free and clear. However, if you put TF's assets into it and distribute that, that's a clear violation of Ray's IP, and it's just a question of whether he wants to come after you or not.
>>
>mfw there's Sylvie being headpatted on Wallpaper Engine
>>
>>4651903
You got a link?
>>
Obviously the solution is to make our own Teaching Feeling copycat like soulless chinks.

I suggest we call it "Learning Emotion", any suggestions for our cute girl's name? Instead of headpats she's fond of hugs instead
>>
>>4651926
Argentina?
>>
>>4651929
Argentina isn't a suitable name much less a relevant country
>>
>>4651935
Come back when you've learned Latin and realise the connection between both names.
>>
>>4651906
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874944527&searchtext=sylvie
>>
Which outfit does sylvie have to wear for the kitchen scene to happen? I think it's the only scene I have left.
>>
>>4651981
nothing but the apron
>>
>>4651340
>>My offer to hang out and discuss glorious headpats stands if any anons are hitting up AX.

Why would anybody want to knock beers back with some damage-controlling, patch-denying, money-grubbler?
>>
>>4651999
Because of ego.

His ego.
>>
>>4651999
Hey, that's fine. I'm not saying anybody has to do anything. But if people want to talk about it in person, hey, cool. If they'd rather stick to 4chan, hey, cool.

I've already gone over the things you called me just now above, so there's not much more to say. I'll go back into the background until someone says something I can actually answer or address. Peace.

>>4652000
Nice trips. Also more that AX is where a bunch of filthy nerds (myself included) are gathering, so there's a nonzero chance of anons in this thread actually being in attendance. Some people might want to put a face to the accusations is all, I guess.
>>
>>4651718
>If, however, you're distributing copyrighted materia

Never said anything about doing that. Ideally you just buy the original version for the assets the way you would, ideally, buy Morrowind to run the assets in OpenMW. This would still make modding easier, AND anything stupid Ray or SP does with the game could more easily be undone. Nevermind never having to worry about the game breaking on new versions of an OS.
>>
>>4652007
>I've already gone over the things you called me just now above

I'm not even the same person, please get over yourself.

>Some people might want to put a face to the accusations is all, I guess.

Why would anybody even want to look at you
>>
>>4652012
Woah there. Even if it wasn't addressed specifically to you (not that anyone can tell), the point is that the things you called me have in fact been directly addressed by my posts in this thread already, so I have nothing left to say about them.

And that's cool. Peace, anon.
>>
File: 1487587081.jpg (91KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1487587081.jpg
91KB, 600x612px
I feel the buttmad levels in this thread rising.
>>
>>4652026
Any reason they shouldn't be? This has all the markings of bad news.
>>
>>4652042
I hope beyond hope that by some miracle it works out.
>>
>>4652070
It won't.
>>
>>4652070
Hope dies last.

But it dies.
>>
>>4652109
But does it ride alone?
>>
File: 1447616021118.jpg (575KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447616021118.jpg
575KB, 1350x900px
So this means that there will be no unofficial English patch for 2.0?
>>
>>4652504
Why would you choke Sylvie with your hands when you could choke her with your dick and she wouldn't even fight it?
>>
>>4652506

Those are Ray's hands, not mine, anon.
>>
>>4652504
refer to >>4652105 if you expect one from this guy

>>4652507
>Those are Ray's hands
Ray ≠ an unofficial translator
nor is he someone who has direct control over supposedly unofficial projects

If this guy ant going to do it, or if all this extra SP crap goes through, someone will just migrate the already translated data to the new build, without Ray or SP's consent.

Mod patch wise, its essentially dead with the new angles, layers and images to re-draw and would take months to re make all the assets in the pack.
>>
>>4652549
Did he even put a license on his patch? Anyway, I hope someone steps up to replace him soon.
>>
>>4652504
Well, the translator guy has already told us where to "meet" him - in case you want to give him a piece of your mind ... or whatever you might find in the palm of your hand(s).
>>
File: 145667894346341567.jpg (508KB, 974x1037px) Image search: [Google]
145667894346341567.jpg
508KB, 974x1037px
>>4652549
ehh my patch is mostly code, so i could just rework whatever new assets come around to replace the ones i do have... and (fingers crossed) by then ill have my new PC up and running with the possibility of having a drawpad!
so i can actually start MAKING some original art assets and it wont take forever...
since ive mostly gotten by with some cheeky photoshop shenanigans to make "new" stuff from the existing art...

so while yeah it will take a bit to get everything up to speed, it wont be be "dead"
>hopefully ill even have a better way to patch the game by then too
>>
>>4652570
>or whatever you might find in the palm of your hand(s).

My dick?

what the fug
>>
>>4652553
I never put a license in my patch, no. However, with an official English version in existence, using content included in the official build such as the translation opens someone up to legal stuff. Not from me, but from the people who own the content.

Y'all can do what you want, I just won't be doing stuff that opens me up to legal crap. lol
>>
>>4652653
>just won't be doing stuff that opens me up to legal crap

You keep saying that even though you've admitted - twice - that you cannot prove that statement. Why do you bring it up still? Are you retarded? Or merely autistic?
>>
>>4652692
Because it's the truth? Just because I can't prove it doesn't mean I can't warn you of the potential consequences of the actions you're planning on taking. You can choose to not believe me because I can't prove it, and by all means, go right ahead. I can't stop you.

Just, you know, hey. I warned ya.
>>
>>4652553
What license? The translation is just as illegal to distribute without IP owner's consent as the original copyrighted assets (text in this case) it's based on.
You can't license shit you've never had rights to in the first place.
There won't be unofficial patches anymore, everyone will just pirate SP release because a) it's already in English and b) fuck SP.
>>
>>4652724
>everyone
Lol so much for the "well if there were an official English version I'd buy it!" crowd.
>>
>>4652739
There's a difference between paying Ray for his work and giving money to Sekai leechers (and a certain sell-out).
>>
is there a release date for 2.0 yet?
>>
>>4652724
>What license? The translation is just as illegal to distribute without IP owner's consent as the original copyrighted assets (text in this case) it's based on.

Do you have any source for that claim?

Effectively you're creating your very own content, which by law is independent from the original IP. You're not distributing someone else's material - you're distributing your own.

>>4652707
>Because it's the truth?

Doesn't matter. You can't prove that it's the truth. It's like saying that you've discovered free energies that everyone can harvest. Or that you've evidence of WMD in Iraq. You have no evidence for both that you can publish.

Only utter retards would fall for that story, and only utter retards would still repeat it over and over again. Or maybe this is an American thing? From my experience Americans don't know this "I have to build up trust and provide evidence, it's enough if I keep saying that I tell the truth".
>>
>>4652741
>and a certain sell-out
I dunno. It seems like a lot of people are mad because the person who was translating Japanese for free because there was no official alternative stopped providing that free service once an official route made itself available.

As I've said before, I never supported piracy. The unofficial patch was only ever going to exist so long as there was no legitimate alternative. Now there is. Or well, there will be. If I could bridge the gap between now and whenever the official is out with the patch I would, but I can't, so I won't.

I completely understand people who are only angry because the unofficial patch went down before an official version was actually available for purchase. I don't understand people who have no intention of purchasing the official version and are mad they can't have the patch. If you were a pirate anyway, you were never my intended audience.

In the end, what's done is done. I will do what I can within my means for what I believe is best for the community, as I always have.

>>4652746
No. Ray still streams work on it every so often, and the last I heard he was still looking at some time in July. If I hear something else I'll let you know.
>>
>>4652764
Just because I cannot prove it does not change reality. I have limitations. If I could prove it I would. At this point in time, I cannot. However, regardless of my ability to prove it, reality does not care.

As I've said time and time over, you are free to do and think whatever you want. It will not be my responsibility for what other people decide to do. I will, however, for the sake of the community, at least try to provide forewarning within my means.
>>
>>4652767
>Just because I cannot prove it does not change reality
Reality is an illusion our brain creates to justify our actions. Reality is subjective. And as long as you cannot provide evidence, to me - and to anyone else, mind you - you're hallucinating your arse off.

>As I've said time and time over, you are free to do and think whatever you want.
And that's why I stopped arguing with you, because what you effectively did was to admit that I am right. Which brings me to:

>I will, however at least try to provide forewarning within my means.

Your original post:

>>4652653

says something about content included in an official build. Lemme get this straight:

You create content.
You release it into the public domain.
Suddenly your content is supposed to be used in a proprietary release.
And you want to revoke it from the public domain.

You know - the SANE move here would have been to create a new translation, maybe based on the old one, and simply to stop supporting the old one. That is why there's stuff like the GPL which allows others to freely use and modify your content while still allowing you to strike deals with companies who want others not to freely use and modify your content. You didn't do so. It's too late for you - if just anyone decides to reupload it into the public domain, and you're struck a deal that prohibits YOU from putting it into the public domain, the company can go suck a dick.

To my knowledge - and if you have evidence, feel free to share it, or stop posting otherwise right now - that company cannot do jack. And you cannot do jack as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain
>>
>>4652776
I'm not going to stop posting, no. You are free to interpret the limited information available to you however you like. I choose to avoid putting myself in a position that opens me up to legal problems.

So, here we go again. You do you. I'll do me. You can get mad that I'm no longer providing a free service. You can go ahead and do whatever you want with what you have.

It's not my job to go around enforcing IPs or copyrights or any of that jazz. I couldn't care less, to be honest. I'll at least point out that people who want to wade into that arena are opening themselves up to the possibility, that's all.
>>
>>4652764
>Do you have any source for that claim?
Do you need a source for common sense too? Like, do you actually believe that you can translate Harry Potter into <insert_language> and go around giving it out for free, let alone selling it?
Everything not falling into "fair use" category is a copyright infringement, which is illegal. Translation is not a original content, it's a modification of someone else's intellectual property. You get your rights on the TL while the creator retains his rights (meaning that you can't distribute the TL without his consent, but he can't distribute it without yours either).
>>
>>4652765
>official route made itself available
What a disgusting choice of words. That aside, official English version has never been a problem. The problem is that "the official route" involves Sekai Project which did jack shit and expects to be paid for it instead of working with Ray directly who did everything, including publishing the work for the international audience on DLsite and deserves all the profits in their entirety. Fuck SP leeches and fuck your greed.
>>
>>4652781
>Do you need a source for common sense too?
Law != common sense. The sooner you realise that, the better.

>Like, do you actually believe that you can translate Harry Potter into <insert_language> and go around giving it out for free, let alone selling it?
That's where the concept of the EULA - and its relevance to local law - comes in. Oh, there is no EULA?

Then there's a difference between books and software in any regard. Do you require the original Harry Potter books in order to use your translations? I could think of a base ebook that you have to modify through IPS in order to get it translated. You still have to purchase the original work in order to use the translation.

Did you ever wonder why there are so many modification projects who explicitly say that you require an original version of a certain game? It's because they want to make sure that they cannot get fucked over by IP.

Or maybe your country doesn't protect foreign copyright at all?

In all those cases copyright law doesn't apply at all, and you can go suck a dick whenever you try to enforce it. So simple.
>>
>>4652787
You can think what you want. I get that people are mad at SP, but they already had a business relationship with Ray thanks to HitomeBore. Why is it difficult to understand that if an official version of TF were to happen, it would be through them too?

The opportunity to provide an official version of TF presented itself. That was all I wanted from day one was for a proper English version of the game to exist. I agreed. Here we are. You can call it my 'greed' all you want, it's no skin off my back.
>>
>>4652792
>That's where the concept of the EULA - and its relevance to local law - comes in.
EULA is irrelevant in all regards because it can't take away or grant more rights than given by the local law. It's a moot point anyway.

"Fair use" is a key word, look it up to see why distributing the translation of the whole work without the consent of its creator is illegal before trying to invent its alternatives.
>>
>>4652780
>I'm not going to stop posting, no.
Then you're officially talking out of your arse as well, and loose all credibility. "Warning" others without any kind of evidence is like an insane bum in the public screaming that the end is nigh.

Welcome to the club of insane bums. You wouldn't have thought to become a member this quickly either, did you?
>>
>>4652796
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering#Legality

I have nothing more to add.
>>
>>4652794
I'll repeat. The only acceptable way for the official English version to come out is Ray releasing it himself in cooperation with the translator. SP has no place in this, they did nothing and deserve nothing.
However, the translator decides to work with SP instead while trying to present it as a God's gift and a blessing to the community. This is what I call 'greed' because that's what behind this decision.
>>
>>4652798
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work
http://www.translatorsbase.com/articles/42.aspx
Google at your disposal.
>>
>>4652799
That was never going to happen, so that about settles that.

>>4652797
lose*
>>
>>4652800
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work
>The derivative work becomes a second, separate work independent in form from the first.

Are you sure that you actually read the articles that you link here?
>>
>>4652804
And even more:
>A “derivative work” is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation -

'nuff said.
>>
>>4652803
>That was never going to happen, so that about settles that.
>Because reasons which I cannot disclose because reasons.

Yeah, Ray would never add the translated files to his game and put it up on DLsite and other porn sellers because he hates money.
SP please.
>>
>>4652805
Not enough read though. Proceed to the third link.
>>
>>4652816
I'm not SP. But as I've already gone over before in this same thread, I was ill-equipped to be having business interactions with Ray. I mean, he associated the unofficial patch with piracy. So that being the case, and Ray having never contacted me even once for any reason let alone to ask if I wanted to work directly with him on an English version, I'd say that was never going to happen.
>>
>>4652826
So you admit that you never even wanted to work with Ray despite claiming
>That was all I wanted from day one was for a proper English version of the game to exist.
Nice. And the reason behind you willing to work with SP is?

You see what I call greed now? You see why SP should go fuck themselves for leeching and take you along?
Leeching rightfully earned Ray's money if it isn't obvious.
>>
>>4652829
Wanted to? Hell yeah I did. I never had an opportunity to. So I did what I had an opportunity to that would accomplish the same goal.

Again, call it whatever you like. Reality is what it is.
>>
>>4652831
>I never had an opportunity to.
Am I expected to believe that you had no means to contact Ray, sell-out?
>>
>>4652833
As I have said over and over again, you are free to believe whatever you like. It won't change reality one iota, which is why I'm able to be cavalier about the name-calling.
>>
>>4652825
The copyright act the text is referring to here does not apply to this case:

>https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Copyright_Act_of_1976#Chapter_5.

Since it implies that you can use the translation without ever having acquired the original work. Back in 1976 it was uncommon to use translated software, so they didn't make an exception for translations that can only be used with the original authors work.

In a way today's translations are more like a reference guide on what to replace in certain files, rather than a completely new text that was merely translated from language A to language B. The translation is useless without the original piece and needs to reference to it in order to be used fully and completely.

And in that case the exceptions on reverse engineering and your own IP applies. Otherwise referenced copyright act would certainly apply for reasons stated in the 101 Definitions section in that chapter.
>>
File: 62690408_p0.png (993KB, 1000x1805px) Image search: [Google]
62690408_p0.png
993KB, 1000x1805px
As worried as I am about SP, I'll wait and see what happens. If the official TL is good, and I need to buy it again, I will do so shamelessly. I've spent as much time on TF over the last year and a half as I have on every other eroge combined.
Here's a cute Sylvie.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled shitflinging.
>>
>>4652848
>In a way today's translations are more like a reference guide on what to replace in certain files, rather than a completely new text that was merely translated from language A to language B. The translation is useless without the original piece and needs to reference to it in order to be used fully and completely.
But that also means the translation contains most of the original text, as reference, which would be a copyright violation to reproduce.
>>
>>4652865
>But that also means the translation contains most of the original text, as reference, which would be a copyright violation to reproduce.
No, it doesn't. You can use line positions as indices on where to replace certain entries.

Although in this particular instance (the unofficial TF translation, that is) you are correct. The Japanese text is used as key to be replaced by the assigned value, which actually counts as copyright infringement.

I'll go on record saying that this particular way of replacing text is retarded, and leave it at that.
>>
>>4652879
I'm actually curious if you have a way to improve the translation script, since its current form is 'retarded'.

Putting the text directly into game script files doesn't count, because that's just as if not more retarded.
>>
>>4652864
I presume the ENG version would be out on DLsite, because really. What I want to ask is, whenever a game on DLsite gets a translation and gets released there too, do people have to buy it again? Or do the buyers get the translation for free?
>>
>>4652888
If it gets released on DLSite English, it counts as an 'update' and thus would be free. But if DLSite English doesn't allow uncensored content then that would probably be a problem.
>>
>>4652881
>I'm actually curious if you have a way to improve the translation script, since its current form is 'retarded'.

I don't know WHAT the current translation script is or what it does exactly. What I know is that there is Japanese text next to English text in a database file, and that Japanese text is already enough to count as infringement.

A non-infringing approach would be to use file names as primary and the line count as second key as indices to replace text - as I've already postulated in my previous post.

>Putting the text directly into game script files doesn't count
True enough. Those files contain script code which also falls under copyright, of course.
>>
>>4652889
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/faq/detail/=/type/user/mid/8/did/238

Ok, that sucks
>>
>>4652848
>The translation is useless without the original piece and needs to reference to it in order to be used fully and completely.
The exact process itself doesn't really matter, it's the end result that matters. And the end result is that the user ends up with an unauthorized ( = illegal) translation after having applied a patch he had acquired from the translator (directly or indirectly).
The bottom line is that fan translations are illegal. IP owners (almost never) bother to take translators to the court simply because they don't want to, not because they can't.
>>
>>4652888
>What I want to ask is, whenever a game on DLsite gets a translation and gets released there too, do people have to buy it again?
I'd say yes, unless the dev explicitly lets buyers of Japanese version download re-release for free like Fullflap did with
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE171742.html
You can check the dev's blog for the proof of him being asked and resolving that question.
>>
>>4652893
Oh, you were just talking about copyright and not the technical aspect. I thought you had an actual code-based argument. Sorry.

>>4652900
Sad face. Makes sense though. RIP
>>
>>4652901
>The exact process itself doesn't really matter, it's the end result that matters.
Yeah, but that is the responsibility of the end user. That's why it's called EULA (End User Licence Agreement). The translator provides a little something something that translates the game without containing any copyrighted material. And what you do with your own copy - as long as it's not an EULA infringement that is also covered by local law - is your own business.

That is also why pre-patched SNES roms are illegal, while simple IPS patches are not. You're assumed to have dumped your ROM through a copier device to which you can then apply the IPS patch and play the translated game.

(No, I don't assume that most people actually go through the hassle of acquiring a copier device and create a dump of the software written on the cartridge. But there's no way of checking also - in dubio pro reo).
>>
>>4652907
I can only hope that there will be that kind of generosity
>>
>>4652908
No, I was talking about BOTH things.
Japanese text to be used as reference - bad idea.
Meta information, like file name and line count - better idea. In my book that's a code-based argument, even though I do not know if it can be applied through the current translation process.
>>
>>4652907
>>4652912
Then again, Shinseiden didn't have English version of the web page, so nobody could've bought it from the English side of DLsite before it got translated.
On the contrary, TF does have its English page already, so unless 2.0 gets its own page (with its own RJ/RE code), the update should be free.
There's also a case (Dungeon Town) of the update being sold separately, with the base game being RJ182003 and the update being RJ190348.
>>
>>4652911
What you're saying is that there's a legal way to distribute illegal content. It doesn't affect the status of translation itself being illegal if distributed without the author's permission.

Regardless, it's not the real problem people should focus on.
>>
>>4652921
>What you're saying is that there's a legal way to distribute illegal content.
No, I'm saying that a translation that requires the author's original work to be used or enjoyed does not constitute as illegal content, because it is not covered by the 1976 copyright act because back then having a referenced translation that requires the original work simply was not a thing back then. Get it right.
>>
>>4652914
If you use filename and line count you have to go into every single script file and change all the line counts by hand every time the code gets updated. This is almost as bad as inserting the text directly into the script files.

The way it is now, the script self-updates with new versions even if the code around the lines changes completely because the only thing it cares about is the Japanese text.
>>
>>4652923
I don't see how the ownership of the original work is related. You don't infringe on the author's rights by buying and using it.
The rights to the translation are shared between the translator and the author. While the TL might've given you the right to use it, the author did not. The translator does infringe the author's part of the rights to distribute it, thus making the whole thing illegal.
You're mixing different rights there.
>>
>>4652928
>If you use filename and line count you have to go into every single script file and change all the line counts by hand every time the code gets updated.
>implying you cannot write your own little script that extracts that information for you

You might want to have a look at Perl for that.

The way it is now is a copyright infringement. I'm the same person who argues that a translation that requires the original work to be used or enjoyed does not count as infringement, but that is ONLY true if it indeed does not contain copyrighted material. The Japanese text is copyrighted. End of story.
>>
>>4652938
Well when it was created, worrying about copyright wasn't exactly a problem. It performed the task it was designed for and does it well.

If you'd like to code something that does the same thing but more efficiently and/or without containing copyrighted content, then by all means. I'm sure the community would love you for it.

I don't have that kind of coding skill though.
>>
>>4652932
>I don't see how the ownership of the original work is related.
That is because you cannot differentiate between "law by letter" and "law by intent". American law heavily relies on the latter one - and the intention back then was that you simply do not republish a translation of a given book without the original author to be compensated for it. That's also why the copyright act makes sure that a "Derivative Work" needs to be created by some means of "work for hire".

The moment you require the original work, the blame is removed from the translator to the end user. He is responsible for obtaining the original work or acquiring a pirated copy.
>>
>>4652945
No offence, but frankly spoken I just don't care enough. I've personal projects on hold for months now because of depression and just cannot be bothered to.
>>
>>4652957
None taken whatsoever. I mean, I can't code it either, so.
>>
>>4652951
American law heavily relies on the precedent. I don't know whether the precedent exists and frankly, I'm not that interested to research.
IP rights of the work and IP rights of the translation are not related, but even if they were, are you seriously expecting someone to retranslate the whole thing from scratch and maintain the translation that will be directly competing with a non-free work available in English through multiple future updates?
Nobody will. There will be no more unofficial patches for Japanese versions. The most I see is the uncensor, but knowing SP it will a great luck to get the same amount of censorship Japanese version has, let alone fully uncensored assets, let alone by Ray.
>>
>>4652982
>IP rights of the work and IP rights of the translation are not related
'nuff said.

>are you seriously expecting someone to retranslate the whole thing from scratch
There's already a translation in the public domain that has been taken down, but still exists. It can be used at any time.
>>
>>4652992
>It can be used at any time.
It's been taken down since it was sold to SP which is now trying to jew Ray as much as possible.
Sure you can use it, but then all the dancing around the copyright becomes even more meaningless.
>>
>>4653007
>which is now trying to jew Ray as much as possible
citation needed
>>
>>4653024
It's their normal business practice. Buy out the fan TL for dirt cheap, then use it to negotiate with the Japanese.
Although we'll have to wait for AX to see their announcement (or not see it) to be certain.
>>
>>4653032
You think they'll share details of their contract with Ray to the public at AX?
>>
>>4653007
You want to look up what public domain means.
>>
>>4653053
No, we'll see if they will have managed to leech off of Ray by then (if they announce TF at AX) or not yet (otherwise).

>>4653055
No I don't. It won't help the cause. You can't put a license on things you never owned in the first place.
>>
>>4653064
But 'jewing Ray' would be a contract that doesn't work out in his favor, primarily financially. If you don't know the details of the contract they have, that's pretty tough to say.

You could just say 'lol fuck sp' and it'd be more accurate lol
>>
>>4653066
No contract with SP can work out in his favor unless SP pays him instead of him sharing with them. SP can not and will not provide anything Ray wouldn't be able to do on his own if the sellout-kun worked with him instead of, well, selling out.
>>
>>4653064
There is so many things wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin.

Again, read what public domain means, and think solely of the content that is not done by Ray.
>>
>>4653080
>There are*
fix'd
>>
>>4653073
You have a very interesting opinion of what constitutes a business contract. I believe I will hit you up for legal advice in the future. Have you offered your services to the POTUS? It sounds like you're an even better negotiator than he is.
>>
>>4653080
You're trying to work in the content which will 99% match the same content in SP release. No amount of mental gymnastics will help with that, I'm afraid.

>>4653085
(You)
>>
>>4653089
>You're trying to work in the content which will 99% match the same content in SP release.
Exactly. Only that my content would be public domain. In other words: I'm allowed to do it.

In the end it really doesn't make a difference - whether they'll use the Japanese version and then use the re-continued unofficial translation or they'll use the English version from SP. You still either purchase or pirate either version. And I'd say most people will rather pirate the official version - either because they don't give enough of a fuck, or because they already paid for the Japanese version and do not even dream of throwing money at SP.

To clarify: without licence - which the unofficial translation has been released with - I can do whatever I want *with the parts that are not copyrighted by Ray*, and SP can go suck a dick. Public domain FTW.
>>
Well, it seems like this thread is already dead. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>4653106
It was already dead last thread. RIP comfy headpats.
>>
>>4653106
I still love headpats, anon. As long as we love headpats together, this thread will never die.
>>
>>4648794
doggy should be next, also more wearble clothes during scene
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 237x213px
>>4653091
That's not how the public domain works, anon. In most places EVERYTHING is copyrighted automatically. It's why you cant just say 'do whatever you want' without applying something like CC0 or the WTFPL to your work,
>>
So I'm guessing our chances of getting 2.0 translated into english (official or unofficial) are nil. That sucks, was kind of hoping to get to that wedding scene eventually.
>>
>>4653367
Wedding isn't in 2.0.0.
>>
>>4653369
No, but its supposed to be included in a future update. Since translation for this is ending at 1.92, not going to be able to get there.
>>
>>4653421
Well unofficial translation ended there sure. But we don't know what's going on with the official one yet so...?
>>
Who cares? Just pirate the official translation.
>>
>>4652938
I'm the author of the translation plugin. I considered using hashes of the JP text as keys, but I decided against it because 1) if we got legaled, using hashes would not protect us (see arguments about copyright on translated works), 2) the chances of getting legaled were low anyway, and 3) using plaintext keys makes it easier for someone who wants to translate TF into a third language, since all they have to do to get started is edit the TL memory.

Besides all that, the main goal of the plugin was to make the translation fully forward and backward compatible. [1] Which, as a happy side effect, makes it easy for the translation effort to keep up with Ray's frantic pace of rearranging the entire game. You can take the latest version of the translation and apply it to an ancient trial version of the game you downloaded from DLsite, and it will just work. [2] So you may call it a crap design, but I think it's been rather successful.

Regardless of whether my plugin helped or not, we're getting an official English version of TF, so mission accomplished.

[1] The idea was that if you could just copy and paste the translation over any version, less people would complain about it not working and ask for a pre-patched torrent. Unfortunately this didn't really work out in practice.
[2] Actually you'll need to update nw.js since the one in the trial version is ancient and lacks a couple ES6 features I used. Also some lines may be missing since the translation plugin prunes orphaned lines automatically.
>>
>>4653426
I don't have high hopes for the official version. No facts or details have been forthcoming. Sekai project has a deserved bad reputation, and games are canceled or put on indefinite hold all the time.
>>
>>4653421
>its supposed to be included in a future update
[citation needed]
>>
All this talk about translation and nobody broaches the central issue.

Will it still be called Teeching Feeling?
>>
>>4653431
The trial was updated since the last time--it's now based on 1.6.0 code, so it doesn't need any updates for the plugin to run.

Your plugin is awesome. The TL wouldn't have been able to keep up effectively without it. Sure, we could go back to the old days of putting text straight into KS files...but why?

Thank you again for your hard work.

>>4653464
Ray has stated on his Twitter that the final feature that will be put in TF is the ability to propose to Sylvie. Thus, it stands to reason that until that feature is added, the game is incomplete. Conversely, it won't be inserted until Ray feels that the game is complete.

>>4653474
I can answer that one, actually! No, it won't. You'll have to rename your save file accordingly.
>>
>>4653111
trips confirm
*headpats you*
>>
>>4652570
Yeah, you should show up and attempt to physically assault someone over a fucking game patch. That makes sense.

Sorry the dude is getting paid for his work now. Not sure why the fuck you even care, as you're just going to pirate the official English version much like you're doing with the official Japanese one now. You're literally losing nothing because this dude found a way to make some money for his work.

>inb4 hurr durr u r him!
>inb4 more copious amounts of asshurt
>>
>>4654462
>Yeah, you should show up and attempt to physically assault someone over a fucking game patch. That makes sense.
Glad to see it from my point of view. Always nice to meet someone who confirms me unconditionally.
>>
As someone who wasn't involved in this at all and has never played the game, you are all a bunch of salty fuckheads mad about nothing.
>>
File: bait on.png (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait on.png
54KB, 800x600px
>>4654818
>>
>>4654837
He's right though. The only thing i can understand people being mad about is that they are going to lose moded content, other than that its fucking nothing.
>>
>>4654852
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>4654818
>>4654852
Fuck off, dovac.
>>
>>4654680
Yeah, just pretend like you don't understand sarcasm. Besides, you're not gonna do shit other than be mad over something completely trivial.
>>
>>4654852
Patch-kun here. The modded content isn't part of the official build, so there's no reason you would lose it. Sure, it means switching to only being a modpatch (as opposed to TL + modpatch), but if it's the mods you want it's the mods you'll still be able to get regardless of whether you're on JP or EN.
>>
>>4655011
>Yeah, just pretend like you don't understand sarcasm
Okeydokey.
>>
Anything new since 1.8.1 ?
>>
>>4655892
yep
>>
Ok so Reading this thread let me see if I can piece together what the fuck happened.

>Teaching feeling getting official English release by Sekai Project.
>No more fan translations because of this.
>Ray got jewed out of his cut of share by Sekai Project
>Everyone is upset about 2.
>>
>>4656103
Yep, that's about right. Pathetic little bitches are crying and making empty threats for seemingly no reason at all. As was mentioned, they're just going to pirate the official version, so why even care?
>>
>>4656201
Do we know if the official version will available on DLsite and we won't have to pay again for it?
>>
What happened?
>>
>>4656063
Is there some kind of patch notes i can read to see what was added ?
>>
>>4656103
>Ray got jewed out of his cut of share by Sekai Project
how the fuck?
>>
>>4656410
Apparently, Sekai Project has a habit of screwing people out of a pay or something.

I assumed reading this thread that this was sort of the case here but I can be wrong.
>>
>>4649242
>des soeurs filles-chat très gentilles

As a frenchman, I'm kinda confused.
>>
>>4656448
Same here. The patisserie being called "La Soleil" or the episode 3 being called "Aromatiser des filles-chats" doesn't help either.
>>
File: HAAAAAAAAAAA (red).png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
HAAAAAAAAAAA (red).png
335KB, 633x758px
>>4656470
>La soleil
>VivA la France
>>
>>4656474
You don't need grammar to fap anyway
>>
>>4656103
>>4656410
>>4656446
Ray already licensed a game through them. Why would he do it again if that were the case? If you don't know the details of the contract, then stop being a derp and spreading nonsense.

People are definitely mad that it's Sekai Project who licensed it. Some are mad just because of that, others are mad because they won't be getting any more free support, and still others are concerned that Sekai is going to 'fuck it up'.

Right now there's too much we don't know.

>>4656301
Official is uncensored, DLSite bans uncensored games, so that's a no.
>>
>>4656500
>Official is uncensored
Aw yeah
>>
>>4647893
Is there a guide anywhere for the H-scenes? I feel like I'm missing out
>>
File: LaSoleil.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LaSoleil.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
>>4656470
>he patisserie being called "La Soleil"
Not that it's an excuse, but it is on purpose.
>>
Because i'm that kind of guy i'll ask again, where can i know what was added since 1.8.1 ?

Also is there an android version i want to bring my Sylvie everywhere
>>
>>4656783
I remember seeing a comprehensive changelog in infinity chan's teaching feeling general. Try looking there.
>>
What are the memories on page 2 thats not masturbating?
>>
>>4656783
There is no up-to-date Android version in English, no. The Android client doesn't like the TL script, so you'd have to go back to the olden days of replacing all the text in the KS files themselves if you wanted to make one.

>>4656866
Having sex in your office. Hover your mouse over the empty spots, anon.
>>
>>4656796

I took a look and found it, thank you

>>4657074

That's good to know, thanks for the answer
>>
Teaching Feeling really highlights why the american institution of slavery was garbage
What's with them all being black
Did they never consider that an adorable, vaguely white anime girl is the best possible human to own
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMKdUJNTyRg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>4656722
It's like saying "he has 24 years old"
>>
does anyone know how to get all of the scenes in the game? im missing 4 in parte 2 of the memory thing and what is this extra thing menu>
>>
>>4657944
Hover your mouse over what you don't have anon. 'Extra' is just a bonus animated version of Longing.
>>
Anyone know how to fix an issue on the roleplay scene where you're just about to finger her but no more text displays and you cant skip ahead to the next text box? It keeps getting stuck there. I've reinstalled it and it still happens :/ Music still plays so the game isn't freezing
>>
>>4658723
Just because music still plays doesn't mean the game hasn't hung, anon. It could be stuck on a script action that no longer exists (such as when a race condition occurs).

TS-tan, thoughts?
>>
>>4657453
White slaves existed in America, but this is rarely mentioned because they want to use slavery as a stick to beat whitey with.
>>
>>4658726
Yeah I think you're right. Once it gets to that one spot no text displays and it wont let me load another save or go to main menu like it does during other scenes. My copy was from a well seeded torrent but I might try downloading it from another source and hopefully that fixes it
>>
>>4658726 >>4658723
I got it working. Just had to right click then left click at that point and it works for some reason
>>
>>4656500
ay sorry about spreading about the mis-information regarding the pay. I'm reallly happy that this game is getting an ofifcial release and I wish it all the best.

Sorry about typos am drinking.
I od hope everything works ou wth ray tho. I love the gam eand want him to thrive with it.
>>
>>4656505
Anyone can confirm this. don't like Sekai Project but if they release this uncensored then I will buy this just to support Ray
>>
File: LinkWink.png (89KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
LinkWink.png
89KB, 236x236px
>>4658723
>>4658726
>>4658746
fixed (hopefully)
pretty sure it was just a problem with a old/misplaced macro

>>4658951
the promised land is real, you just need to believe
>>
>>4658951
As the person who put together the build, yes, can confirm. Uncensored, not decensored. There is a single specific scene where for 'reasons' we used Nari's decensor, but he did a great job on it and it doesn't clash with the rest of the uncensored art so it was better to go that route than to pursue alternatives.

Still wish I had more news for you guys but things have been silent for what, a week now? More? At this point I have to speculate that it might actually get announced at AX.

In which case I really wish I knew who that anon was from the last thread, because somehow they knew more about this than the person actually working on it. I mean sure, I'm not privvy to the business stuff, but I thought I'd at least know if/when it would be announced.
>>
File: imagem.jpg (72KB, 811x540px) Image search: [Google]
imagem.jpg
72KB, 811x540px
With such system we can make events based on specific data like Christmas or Birthday ... would be very interesting, someone interested?
>>
>>4659228
This is something I'm hoping for. A kind of date/time system. A birthday for Sylvie (the day you two met) would be adorable.

Seasonal events for Sylvie as well. The restaurant menu would change depending on the season and the such would be fun as well.

Ray is only one guy though =/
>>
>>4659302
>>4659228
Making timed events is trivial stuff. The only reason it hasn't been done is because the in-game concept of 'time' is completely different from the system. That's also why he hasn't given her a birthday...

...but while timed events may prove problematic, anniversary ones (in-game) should be simple enough. I can at least hope for something like that.
>>
>>4659370
I think this can help: https://pastebin.com/YEH4fnEU

With f.mth we can determine a month and with f.day a specific day
>>
>>4647916
Will our DLsite ENG purchases have access to translation?
>>
>>4659386
We don't know yet. All I can say is that it won't be released through DLSite English because DLSite English is still based in Japan and follows Japanese law regarding censorship. Since the game is uncensored, it would fall afoul of DLSite English's Terms of Use and possibly land Ray in legal trouble if it were uploaded there.

However, I know nothing about how it -will- be distributed or what this means for people who own the existing JP version.
>>
>>4659381
Again, doing timed events is trivial code-wise and the content is limited only to your imagination (and/or artistic ability). Absolutely positively trivial. Tyrano makes it simple.

What I was saying was that since 'time' in-game and 'time' according to the system clock are two wildly different concepts, it won't work in a linear fashion. Sure, you can pull a Tsukihime and pull the user out of the experience for a moment...but in-game, the best I think one can hope for is an anniversary event when you hit multiples of 365 days. Again, trivial, and doesn't depend on specific dates nor the system clock.
>>
Anyone know that song where dude has a fake accent possibly russian and sings about just wanting to take care of her? Also has a girl or trap talking throughout.

Listened to it once laughed and could never find it again. Would really fucking appreciate it if anyone knew what it was.
>>
>>4659416
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrpL2rLKeg
Fucking found it finally.
>>
>>4659456
just go into the archived threads next time...
>>
What's the Cafe for anyways?
>>
>>4660313
Bringing home snacks for Sylvie if you go there alone (have tea after to eat, raises intimacy), have dessert with Sylvie if you go together (raises intimacy), have dinner if you go there together at night (raises intimacy).
>>
>>4647904
>>4647904

Wait, Seamtress is in now?

Don't fucking play with me.

I couldn't care less about the little derp anymore, she's old news.
>>
>>4660433
>Wait, Seamtress is in now?
Aurelia and Nephy will never have routes in the main Teaching Feeling game, according to the author.
There have been some porny material drawn of them, though, but none of that's in game (unless you count the night-time attires for the two).
>>
>>4660440
>>4660440

This kills the boner.
>>
>>4660444
The author has also stated that there's a nonzero chance (i.e. not "it will happen eventually", but "it might happen eventually, maybe, perhaps") of the two being featured in another game or games.
>>
>>4660446
Can I at least fuck the merchant?
>>
>>4660476
Not in this game.
>>
>>4660485
any database of the seamstress art?
>>
just got this and she died of illness 4 times already. dont get it
>>
>>4660859
Treat her right. Let her eat enough food. Buy her clothes. Pat her head. Make her happy, and it'll work out in the end.
>>
>>4647893
ive been wanting to play this for quite a while but being a poorfag sucks, is there a full game download anywhere that some kind anon can provide?
>>
>>4660946
Dug back through the last thread and found a magnet link.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0ff5bd98a1d8d4c5ac3b40ef2c19d45508a91044&dn=Teaching%2fFeeling%201.9.2%20(inc.%20mods%20as%20of%205%2f19%2f17)&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.doko.moe%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.baka-sub.cf%2fannounce
Haven't tried it myself, though.
I'd suggest grabbing the newest version of the modpatch from the OP if you want to use it as I don't know if the one in the torrent is the latest one.
>>
File: This cutie.jpg (86KB, 652x1000px) Image search: [Google]
This cutie.jpg
86KB, 652x1000px
Latest torrent:

https://anidex.info/?page=torrent&id=42279
>>
File: why only blue flowers.png (2MB, 1337x899px) Image search: [Google]
why only blue flowers.png
2MB, 1337x899px
Why the hecc do I only ever find blue flowers
>>
>>4660988
thanks anon. i ended up downloading the latest version from some youtube video and scanning it like crazy for virus'.
>>
>>4647905
I have 1.8.1. What are the differences?
>>
>>4662474
Changes:
- Version number bumped to 1.9.2
- Removed archived 4chan posts about differences between versions.
>>
for some reason the 'vaginal action' buttons don't work, anyone have any idea how to fix?
>>
>>4662720
Click directly on Sylvie
>>
>>4662723
You gotta be kidding me, I seriously thought the game was bugged and spent about 40 mins looking for a solution. Thanks!
>>
How do i get all the scenes/endings? ive heard that you have to do really obscure shit like wear a certain item but idk
>>
>>4662969
You need to stop being a lazy newfag, you lazy newfag
>>
>>4662969
Hover over the scenes in the memories that you don't have, it'll tell you.
>>
>>4662975
sorry, im quite new to this game
>>4662987
thanks anon
>>
>>4663008
The forest scenes need the second outfit you can get, and I'm not sure it tells you that. The other ones should be mostly self-evident.
>>
Do anyone here know max pat head points and lewd points until Sylvie stop changing personality?
>>
>>4663143
Actually 3000 intimacy and 1100 lust, I think.
>>
>>4663143
>>4663320
If you use the modpatch, 9000 intimacy and lust.
>>
>>4651110
>10
>010.jpg
>>
Is there a list somewhere of all the unlockable clothes/items you can get from the shop?
>>
>>4664504
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.