[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(C79) [Manga Super (Nekoi Mie)] CRAZY 4 YOU! WIP COLORED VERSION

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

Hello there /h/. I'm doing a colored version of Crazy 4 You and I wanted to see your opinions about the work I've done so far.
>>
File: 01.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
2MB, 989x1400px
I see you already got something similar with >>4482545
Despite the fact that I love the work anon has done, I don't think that type of shade fits the style of the story.
Also you may have noticed I'm a guy who likes monochromes.
>>
File: 02.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
2MB, 989x1400px
I mean I took some boozy direction with the color, but I hope nothing too distracting.
>>
File: 03.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
2MB, 989x1400px
>>
File: 04.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
2MB, 989x1400px
>>
File: 05.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
2MB, 989x1400px
Had to admit that once you understand what kind of color palette you want to use for the realistic version of the character you're good to go.
>>
File: 06.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
2MB, 989x1400px
>>
File: 07.png (1MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
1MB, 989x1400px
Aaand this is what I've done so far. So, what do you think? Too bold with the colors?
>>
>>4484991
Not at all, bold works well.
>>
>>4484991
Great work so far! The bold colours work really well with it.
>>
>>4484995
>>4484997
Thanks! What about the shading? Should I add more of it when they are realistic?
(Also I noticed a bunch of errors here and there, so I'll fix them once I'll finished it)
>>
Not to be a downer OP, but this needs work.
Three things are most important IMO:
Contrast, cleanup and depth.

Cleanup:
Your fills are messy and often spill over their intended boundaries.
It's all over the place, zoom right in there and toggle lineart to eliminate spills.
Setting a dark or bright background behind fills helps see missed spots when combined with above.

Contrast:
Your palette swaps between scenes with too much contrast and scenes with too little, there's no balance. Just colours that are too strong and too weak.
Also you'll need to process the images before trying to paint under/above them. ie:
>>4484978
You can clearly see the brush strokes along stocking's legs due to the black levels being ignored.

Depth:
The images feel too flat. Now I get it, you're not supposed to add highlights or shading where the artist doesn't indicate, but these are seriously flat. (Not counting the "comedy" scenes which are appropriately basic.)
ie:
>>4484984
Stocking's hair on the bottom left panel is jarring. Adding a few sweeping gradients on Multiply would sort that out.

I've run into similar problems before unknowingly. Perhaps try calibrating your monitor or using a different one.

Also did you have to criticise
>>4482545
?
That result is on a whole different technical level compared to this. I'm actually curious about hearing more about his process and reasoning, but he didn't provide contact info :s

Anyway.
If you need more info on these points let me know.
>>
>>4485020
Thanks anon, I appreciate!.
>Cleanup
Yeah, I noticed once uploaded, I have to fix it.
>You can clearly see the brush strokes along stocking's legs due to the black levels being ignored.
Actually, that is not brush stokes, but what the image looks like after setting the curves brighter. I forgot about messing it up. I guess copy/pasting the colors in a new unaltered page will do the work.
>Depth
>you're not supposed to add highlights or shading where the artist doesn't indicate, but these are seriously flat
That was what I feared. I had the feeling I would have came out way too flat. Ah well, I'll kept working on it then.
Also did you have to criticize
>>4482545?
I was actually adulating him, anon did a fantastic job there. It was just a loud thought wondering if that kind of shading would have worked here.
>>
>>4484978
*THIS STORY.
>It doesn't fit the style of THIS story
Oh fuck I'm retarded.

Sorry anon, I didn't meant to be rude. >>4485020
>>
>>4485029
>Actually, that is not brush stokes, but what the image looks like after setting the curves brighter. I forgot about messing it up. I guess copy/pasting the colors in a new unaltered page will do the work.

Uhhh. Not sure what release you're using but that's simply not true on the one I just checked:
(C79) [Manga Super (Nekoi Mie)] CRAZY 4 YOU! (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) [English] [CGrascal]

http://i.imgur.com/QzsTUzp.jpg
Double check if you would.

>I was actually adulating him, anon did a fantastic job there. It was just a loud thought wondering if that kind of shading would have worked here.
>Sorry anon, I didn't meant to be rude.
Miscommunication is common, don't worry about it.
>>
File: bw.png (2MB, 989x1400px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
2MB, 989x1400px
>>4485035
I guess I just fucked up really bad then lol
Thanks for checking tho.
>>
>>4485044
Looking back at it, maybe I erroneously merged the blue stockings layer in some color burn mode or something like that with the original image.
>>
>>4485048
Eh, we've all been there. Disheartening is an understatement.
Keep at it. As an estimate I'd expect to spend about 3-4 hours per page, on this art style anyway. If you're averaging lower than that then consider adding in more detail (or teaching me your ways because this shit takes forever).
>>
>>4485227
>this shit takes forever
It's the screen tones that take forever to color. That and the backgrounds with action lines. Next pages are cleaner since it's where the sex happens so I expect to finish them quicker. But yeah on the average time it takes me 3-4 hours but since I'm getting the hand of it maybe I could complete a page in less time.
>>
>>4485020
>Stocking's hair on the bottom left panel is jarring. Adding a few sweeping gradients on Multiply would sort that out.
You mean adding more shadows or get rid of that white strip of light?
>>
File: zlhf5kc5.png (1MB, 668x1052px) Image search: [Google]
zlhf5kc5.png
1MB, 668x1052px
>>4485338
And highlights.
Whipped together an example real quick, it's by no means clean, but I hope it gets the point across.
>>
>>4485369
Wow Thank you anon! This was useful. I'll see what I can manage to do (although with those highlights the body needs proper shadows)
>>
I'm not really educated on shading, but it looks pretty damn good to me. Keep up the good work anon.
>>
>>4484991
It looks great anon. Keep it up yo!
>>
Me and my dick are in agreement that it's pretty good, anon. Though we don't know shit about shading and color beyond looking good.
>>
>>4485369
I prefer the original colour desu, this is two busy and doesn't resemble the show's style at all
>>
I love that this is being colored! Thanks a lot anon, it's very much appreciated. Can't wait to see the final product!
>>
I prefer greyscale. Sage.
>>
You are totally a saint, OP
Can't wait for more!
>>
>>4484977
any more updates?
>>
>>4484977
is any of this canon? I could of sworn gainax said some of this could be canon
>>
>>4495189
i sure would want a boobjob from her
>>
>>4484977
You're doing God's work, OP. Keep it up.
>>
>>4484977
cute girl
>>
>>4484991
No, It's fucking great, keep it up!
>>
god im so sick of seeing shitty doujin recolors on hentai sites
you're parasites leeching off the quality of the original work, and every color job looks fucking awful. Colors are supposed to be properly shaded, not laid beneath black half-tones, but even if they were shaded properly they would still look like shit because your color selection is always garbage
>>
>>4485369
what happened to the progress?
>>
>>4509470
Guy apparently gave up...?
No idea. That pic was just an example job, and he seemed motivated enough by it. I guess he threw in the towel.
>>
>>4510437
>>4509470
Nah I'm just working on other stuff. This was a side activity, so sooner or later I'll finish it.
>>
>>4506396
If its quality work they would color it
>>
>>4485369
Nah, looking back at the OP's take I like the flat style more. It works off the show's flatness and plus it's more aesthetically pleasing, at least to me.
>>
More pls.
>>
>>4512386
give it some times
>>
bamp
>>
bump for colorizations
>>
>>4484991
It looks fantastic!
>>
>>4484979
kamina and simon are in the background
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.