[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really a difference in quality between ISO files vs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: can you guess which one is which.png (840KB, 1277x479px) Image search: [Google]
can you guess which one is which.png
840KB, 1277x479px
Is there really a difference in quality between ISO files vs the normal rips you find online for anime/hentai? I have here 2 pictures of the same hentai - one from the iso which has around 7000 bit rate and one from an ogm file that has 1180 bit rate. Am I just blind, or is there really no difference between the two? Can anyone spot if one is really higher quality than the other?

And if you couldn't tell already, yeah I'm pretty retarded when it comes to this stuff. Just trying to decide if this iso is worth even keeping on my hdd.
>>
>>4370185
The higher quality is definitely the one on the left. There's also noticeable chromatic aberration on the image on the right compared to the one on the left.
>>
>>4370185
Look how some of the hairs have been turned grey to save bitrate on the one on the right. Also notice the clarity between the strands on the left compared to the right.
>>
>>4370189

Yea, that was the iso version. I guess I am blind.
>>
>>4370185
Hate to be that person but source?
>>
>>4370210
dark shell
>>
>>4370185
The main goal of an encode is to make it exactly look like the source but with a lower bitrate.
>>
>>4370240
It was really hard to tell the difference between the two. Does that mean it's just very well encoded?
>>
>>4370191
that is not bitrate starvation, that is bona fide chroma shift by the look of it.

generally speaking, the worse thing about rips is getting warpsharp and shit filters like that. You never know how retarded the encoder is, even for a new show that would not need filtering. It takes a bit of spotting.
Old encodes will have huge bitrate starvation artifacts, and divx/xvid era detail loss from shit smoothing filters.

Well done rip is safe to take over ISO though, particularly when you would have to fisrt IVTC it.
>>
>>4370212
Fucked shit. Some guy in dorms had that, I gave up on him as a person after seeing it from his shared(!) folder.
>>
>>4370185
You got some shitty scene to compare. The color on the whole picture is so bland, doesn't change much and also have a bloom effect. You'd see a better difference on a more colored scene/animation.
>>
>>4370241
did you miss that the chroma information is displaced to the right, by few pixels? look at he colors on the cock
>>
>>4370212
man this shit is dark as hell

like seriously, just horrible death and rape everywhere. guess it's nice to be reminded that i'm a normal human being every now and then
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.