[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gelbooru

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: wtfgelbooru.png (38KB, 584x336px) Image search: [Google]
wtfgelbooru.png
38KB, 584x336px
As of the past 12 hours or so, the search bar has disappeared from Gelbooru when used in Chrome. I'm assuming this is only affecting me, but I'm curious if this is a result of AdBlock plus? I'm logged in on Gelbooru and everything, is this something anyone else has seen?
>>
>>4350735
It's happening to me too fampai

>I'm curious if this is a result of AdBlock plus?
This seems to be case. I've also had ads appearing on gelbooru for the past few weeks despite having AdBlock on.
>>
I've heard they've been struggling with server costs and, more prominently, paying a site developer full time. So they've implemented shifty java based ads that adblockers typically don't notice.

Now they're recoding the site so your search bar doesn't work, along with webms, if you're using one.

They simply say "it's your adblocker's fault, not ours."
>>
Funnily enough, my hosts file being updated regularly makes the standard IE fairly ad-free on Gelbooru. The ads still "appear" but are shown as "page cannot be displayed" instead.
>>
I gave it a look and beat it.

Add this filter to hide the new ads:

gelbooru.com##[style^="background: transparent url"]

To restore the search box, find and uncheck this filter in easylist:

gelbooru.com##center > div[style]
>>
>>4350760
How would I edit EasyList? I click on it in "Filter Lists" menu and it only takes me to their web page, not the text document the hover text claimed to be
>>
>>4350764
Open your filter preferences, click easylist, use the find feature, and uncheck the box next to that filter.
>>
>>4350751
>I've also had ads appearing on gelbooru for the past few weeks despite having AdBlock on.
Same. Using firefox.

>>4350760
worked like a charm, thanks
>>
File: ABP_settings.png (48KB, 1350x557px) Image search: [Google]
ABP_settings.png
48KB, 1350x557px
>>4350772
I must be using a completely different thing entirely. No such options exist, and Whitelist does nothing, seemingly sends it to the filter list instead.
>>
>>4350808
I'm on Firefox and have my stuff de-appified

you want this menu, try ctrl+shift+E
>>
>>4350760
How does someone do this with uBlock origin on firefox?
>>
>>4350831
I'm sorry, I have limited experience with Ublock Origin. I would suggest trying to use the custom filters pane in the settings.

In any case, since "gelbooru.com##center > div[style]" no longer contains the ads, Easylist will likely strike that filter soon. Send reports, folks!
>>
>>4350735
You can also enter the search terms into the URL too to get around that, bit more complicated but it works.
>>
>>4350735
>2016
>still using fagbooru
>>
>>4350760
you da real MVP
>>
>>4350980
Tell us the superior site then, wise hentai master
>>
>>4350808
>>4350760
I added the following lines to my manual list in AdBlock in Chrome, since I don't seem to have the ability to uncheck filters from my easylist.

gelbooru.com#@#center > div[style*="overflow:"]

Tested it and it seemed to work.
>>
>>4351034
>pixiv
>sancom
>yandere
>nijie
Even fucking twitter is a better option for specific artists
>>
>>4351073
beautiful. this has done the trick.
>>
Does anyone have problems playing webms on gelbooru or is it just me?
>>
>>4350735
Reported the error to the ABP guys, let's see what comes of it.
>>
>>4351081
I can't either. It's also an adblock issue.
>>
>>4351073
Here, figured out the webm & updated the lines to add to the manual file:

gelbooru.com#@#center > div[style*="overflow:"]
gelbooru.com#@#span > [class][style]
gelbooru.com##span > [class][style]:not([class="gelcomVPlayer"])
gelbooru.com##center > div[style*="overflow:"] > input:not([class*=search])

(I included some extra lines to re-enable the blocks for everything that's not a webm or the search bar)
>>
>>4351073
You are a god among men.
>>
>>4351101
Didn't work, webm's still don't work.
>>
Webms not working here either... Using Mozilla.
>>
>>4351074
Not him but let's see.
>pixiv
Tags almost always in japanese.
>sancom
Pretty good, I already use it whenever iqdb doesn't find anything on Gelbooru.
>yandere
Has like 5 tags per image.
>nijie
Haven't seen, but looks like japanese tags again.

I just rip everything interesting with Hydrus, so I only want the biggest database of images and (english)tags.
>>
>>4351074
>>4351390
>sancom

Only thing that comes up is a south asia site and technology sites, help?
>>
>>4351429
Sankaku Complex, most likely
>>
>>4351431
Jesus fuck i'm retarded.
>>
Gelbooru is actually blocked from google results in my country, pretty funny but not loss since it is shit.
>>
>>4351431
Thanks
>>
File: 1448845819706.jpg (277KB, 877x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1448845819706.jpg
277KB, 877x1240px
>>4350760
>gelbooru.com##center > div[style]

Does anyone know how to edit Easylist in uBlock Origin? It's not as simple as clicking a setting.
>>
>>4352107
>It's not as simple as clicking a setting.

Actually, it is for me. Just click on the toolbar button, then toggle off cosmetic filtering to bring back the search bar.
>>
>>4351390
>pixiv
not every artist is on pixiv, m8
>>
Can anyone else not see the site at all?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.