[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I leave /gif/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 13

File: bloodsport.webm (3MB, 1240x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodsport.webm
3MB, 1240x720px
4mo, mp4 not allowed...

My collection for you
>>
File: wut.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
wut.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>
File: best.webm (2MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
best.webm
2MB, 896x504px
>>
File: 12 years a slave.webm (3MB, 440x256px) Image search: [Google]
12 years a slave.webm
3MB, 440x256px
>>
File: twerk.webm (719KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
twerk.webm
719KB, 440x600px
Does anyone want to talk about the theoretical explanations for societies conception of romantic love?

I just read this great snippet by Fernando Pessoa; "We never love anyone. What we love is the idea we have of someone. It’s our own concept - our own selves - that we love.
This is true in the whole gamut of love. In sexual love we seek our own pleasure via another body. In non-sexual love, we seek out own pleasure via our own idea. The masturbator may be abject, but in point of fact he’s the perfect logical expression of the lover. He’s the only one who doesn’t feign and doesn’t fool himself.
The relations between one soul and another, expressed through such uncertain and variable things as shared words and proffered gestures, are deceptively complex. The very act of meeting each other is a non-meeting. Two people say ‘I love you’ or mutually think it and feel it, and each has in mind a different idea, a different life, perhaps even a different colour or fragrance, in the abstract sum of impressions that constitute the soul’s activity.
Today I’m lucid as if I didn’t exist. My thinking is as naked as a skeleton, without the fleshy tatters of the illusion of expression. And these considerations that I forge and abandon weren’t born from anything - at least not from anything in the front rows of my consciousness. Perhaps it was the sales representative’s disillusion with his girlfriend, perhaps a sentence I read in one of the romantic tales that our newspapers reprint from the foreign press, or perhaps just a vague nausea for which I can think of no physical cause…
The scholiast who annotated Virgil was wrong. Understanding is what wearies us most of all. To live is to not think.”

In summation, most people think of love as an event of two, but theoretically it could just be an abject projection of the self.

This is a topic I am greatly interested so I'd like to hear other similar theories.
>>
File: jewed.webm (4MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
jewed.webm
4MB, 1024x576px
>>
File: sauce.webm (345KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.webm
345KB, 600x800px
>>
File: mezzo 1.webm (4MB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
mezzo 1.webm
4MB, 360x288px
>>
>>9833476
Shut yo dumbass up
>>
File: mezzo 2.webm (4MB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
mezzo 2.webm
4MB, 360x288px
>>
>>9833491

Ok no collection ...
>>
>>9833476
hey hey hey hey hey hey hey
>>
>>9833476
cool story bro
>>
>>9833476
I just tend of think of "love" as the biological will to procreate.

I will however save that text of yours
>>
>>9833476

you're overthinking it. love is just the act of choosing to maintain the relationship over and over. whatever meaning you think you can derive from that, or whatever reasoning you wanna use to validate the choice is irrelevant. love is habit.
>>
>>9833675

Imagine your job forced you to not breath during 1:45 minutes each 3 hours or forced you not to drink more than 1,5L of water a day
Everybody would be outraged

Now think about sleep
Think about all these mornings you were forced to wake up to the sound of an alarm clock in the middle of the night, 6am, 7am, 8am, etc

Sleeping is more important even than eating, you will die if you dont sleep for 3 days or more
You need sleeping to repair your neurons, create new memories and children need it to grow up
Then how come we are all being literally tortured every morning by being forced to wake up

Only the time I was a neet I could enjoy being let sleep the 10 hours a night my teen body needed to grow
>>
>>
>>
File: 1441847277962.webm (4MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1441847277962.webm
4MB, 1024x576px
>>
File: 1412944913631.webm (3MB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
1412944913631.webm
3MB, 1000x564px
>>
>>9833476
>He’s the only one who doesn’t feign and doesn’t fool himself.

Bullshit, but he most likely is unaware he's doing so when he's fooling himself. For instance, what of the man who develops a fetish for sucking dick from watching oral vids.

Everything else I agree with.

I'd say that really I think love is a symptom of human familiarity. Everything that makes humans human happens in the brain. Our memories and our capability to speak and understand are the most important parts of humanity. For instance, cats can vocalize with more variety than dogs, but both can respond to diverse human commands and signals.

Human gestation, childhood, and adolescence is the longest in the animal kingdom if I'm right, and in other centuries, prior to the evolution of agriculture, history, and other symptoms of man's capability to communicate and remember, it took dedicated groups to raise a human child. Love is a symptom of human evolution.

Love is familiarity at it's core.
>>
>>9833456
i need sauce
>>
>>9833869
I get your point, and agree 100%, but it's not that extreme. To die from sleep deprivation you need to either stay awake for a very long time, or get less than 2-4 hours sleep a day. After a week-ish of this you basically start to go insane, hallucinate, and your body starts to shut down due to not being able to rest. Your heart rate begins to increase after about 3 days, and after about 9-10 days it slows almost to a stop. At this point you either go into a coma of suffer cardiac arrest. This along with severe brain damage will most likely kill you. Overall you need to be awake for about 2 and a half weeks to die from sleep deprev.
>>
>>9833479
appreciate the filename. right on.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.