[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This industry is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: spike.gif (758KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
spike.gif
758KB, 500x373px
Hello /gd/

I want to vent some things here about the industry...

First, i'm 23 yo and recently i finished my career in communications and i'm specialized in production and post production. By my own i learned through the years about graphic design and also learned the softwares that this industry uses the most (After Effects, Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Indesign, Corel, Flash). So i can say i'm a very prepared guy even for my age.

6 months before finishing my career i was hired as a producer, editor and animator on the best advertising agency of the city (i'm from México, sadly), i started off with $6000 pesos per month (the equivalent to 300 dollars i think, i know, it's shit) even though i already had 2 years of experience.

Then, recently one of my best friends who is a graphic designer got hired because i recommended him to the art director, everything was going well until i found out his salary, he earns $9000 pesos per month (it's still shit but for a guy like me that would be nice), problem is, HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE, AT ALL.

I'm super mad at the agency for that, everyone here literally knows how much i work (even at home) and then a new guy comes here and they give him simple tasks and give him quite more money than they do to me and my colleges.

I'm not even mad at him, good for him, i'm mad at the fucking agency.

tl;dr: My agency pays more to a newbie with no experience than to a 2 years old experienced producer.

Is there something i'm missing? Why are they paying more to a newbie?

What should i do? Prepare a good reel and gtfo to a better city or country?
>>
shameful self bump
>>
>>317097
Learn to negotiate.
>>
>>317106

But how? I really don't know how to negotiate and i doubt they would be happy if i tell them that i know the salary of another employee.
>>
>>317097
Grow a pair and ask for a rise.
>>
OK QT, here it is:

Prep a good reel, include important projects to the agency, keep it :30 or under. KNOW YOUR NUMBERS. How many projects, how many hours, has your work contributed to adding popularity to your clients? How many clients do you communicate with, how many people DO you deal with? Basically, build a case based in results. NEVER mention the new client, don't bring it up, but tell them you're expecting a pay raise of (whatever)% as you've had (these) results.

Fuck any agency that tries to do this shit, it's only to take advantage of your experience, because they think the new candidate has better tools. Prove your worth, present it fairly and positively, and get the raise.

If they don't, start looking for other jobs. It doesn't matter if his Portfolio was hotter than yours when you applied, you show them what you've done for them, the way you do business on their behalf, and ask.
>>
>>317097
don't be a shamed/scared to argue with them about what they are doing is wrong
>>
move to a less shitty country

/thread
>>
>>317097
Minimum wage in meixco is $80 pesos a day. you're making about $1500 a week, that's $300 pesos per day. You are making almost 4 times the minimum wage. Not bad in perspective with the minimum wage, but it's still kinda sucky if you live in a big city in Mexico as it can be very expensive.

About your problem, tell them the money is not enough for your hard work. Grow some cojones.
>>
>>317097
si lo que dices es cierto

1. No tienes título ni cédula en mano (es ilegal ejercer una profesión sin ellos y por ende me puedo dar el lujo de rebajarte el salario al de un técnico)
2. Tu experiencia previa no cuenta para tu ramo importa que cobres barato ya que generas poco valor agregado (diseño)
3. Tu cuate seguramente cae mejor que tu y por eso le dieron un mejor sueldo
4. Inicia tu propio negocio antes de que sea demasiado tarde si quieres te ayudo
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.