[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adobe Illustrator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot (421).png (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (421).png
94KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone know how I could make point 1 and 2 align without changing the rectangle's width? Shouldn't I be able to clip to such points while rotating? Why is something this basic this fucking hard? This is my first time using this software and Googling it didn't help for the first time in ages, so I feel like I'm missing something very basic.
>>
>>315518
I don't understand your request fully to give you clear answer.

Try to use guidelines and other object, like if it was a math homework with paper, ruler and triangles.

Also, rotate tool has a center point which you can position where you want to and rotate it around that center point.

Post result.
>>
File: Screenshot (422).png (85KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (422).png
85KB, 1920x1080px
>>315520
I forgot to add that another set of points needs to match at the bottom. I want to keep the thickness of the middle rectangle equal to 1/5th of the square "z" (same as the top and bottom rectangles), while only rotating it so a side touches the before-mentioned point 1 so that I can adjust the length afterwards, as while doing that my mouse does clip to the anchor (point 1).

My only problem is the lack of clipping while rotating, and the fact I don't know the angle I need otherwise.
>>
>>315518
>>315520
>>315524
I think you're trying to rotate your top (horizontal) rectangle around its bottom right corner? If so, yeah, with your rotate tool selected, you can option-click (or control - Im not in the app), on that point and it will rotate around it rather than the objects center
>>
>>315518I do not know if it's what you want to get
So that you have a better aliciancion antiva smart guides
>>
File: Screenshot (425).png (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (425).png
80KB, 1920x1080px
>>315527
I know how to rotate around that angle, but that's not the problem. I want to clip to a corner of the upper rectangle while rotating, so pic related doesn't happen.

>>315533
How did you do this? Did your rectangle clip, or is this an approximate? The "smart guides" don't show while rotating.

Is this even possible, or should I switch to different software?
>>
>>315542
1-first create 2 rectangles
2 - then create the third then a 45 * turn

But first you have to create the rectangle with a clause to get define the measure
Of the upper and lower rectangle

Anque I think my explanation is a bit strange but esperp serva
>>
>>315544
It needs to be an exact square to work as part of the logo I'm making. Also, it is essential that every line's thickness is 1/5th of the square. I tried 45 degrees, and it's not the answer. The middle stripe would have to be thicker. The rotation value I need is not an exact one, which is why I need a way to clip while rotating or transform the length and rotation of the middle rectangle while the thickness remains locked.
>>
>>315545
bueno podrĂ­as es estirar en los de alto
y luego usar divide y como puedes ver es un cuadrado de 5 x 5 pulgas

yo no hablo ingles espero se lo que necesitas
>>
>>315555
Like i said, resizing is not the problem, but that's a nice feature I wasn't aware of.

However, how did you get to step 1? Does the bottom line of the middle rectangle touch the bottom right corner of the upper rectangle exactly, or is it just an approximate?
>>
>>315518
>not drawing your logos in autocad
>>
>>315542
Lol bro if yr too dumb to work thru yr problems in illustrator, another program ain't gonna help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.