[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently started a new job where as part of my work I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: [2016-04-29-34]19201080.jpg (642KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
[2016-04-29-34]19201080.jpg
642KB, 1920x1080px
I recently started a new job where as part of my work I have to use the magnetic lasso tool to cut complex shapes of our products out of photos, then watermark the pictures.

I take the photos on a white background, but shadows can sometimes mess up the way the lasso tool detects the edge. I'm working with jpegs, should I be using raw?

Would you guys share any tips that could improve my workflow?

pic unrelated
>>
>>315446
For excluding object from background, you can use magic wand tool and then right click on the selection > Refine Edge. Should at least leave your object + shadow nicely.

For watermarking and other related things with about playing with your object, I tell you to use Actions. Record an action and simply play it by hotkey everytime it's needed. You can play with actions and create one action for the whole process of excluding from background and watermarking.

Post results. Thanks!
>>
ADD: Also use whatever suits you best, JPEG is perfectly fine if it's large enough resolution. But ofcourse, depends where the pictures go after editing them...
>>
>>315446
>use the magnetic lasso tool

fucking why?

I do a ton of cut-outs for my personal work. Here's my process:
bring the photos or whatever into illustrator
trace the object using the pen tool
create a clipping mask
save the file, bring it into photoshop
use the clonestamp tool where needed around the edges

done.

doing it the way you currently are must be a nightmare.
>>
>>315446
>>315476
you don't need to leave Ps for that
>create new layer
>use polygonal lasso/pen/brush/whatever to draw a black silhouette of what you are trying to isolate
>create a clipping mask on your image layer
>ctrl+click your silhouette layer to select it's content
>alt+click on your clipping mask to edit it directly
>paint your selected silhouette in your clipping mask
>save and go back to your canvas
>if you find something you want to correct, just erase/paint it on your silhouette layer and then update it on your clipping mask

>>315450
both good advices for OP
>>
use raw
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.