[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creativity and drugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Buddhabrot.png (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Buddhabrot.png
1MB, 1200x1600px
Soon after starting working in the field I got to a point, where I just ran out of ideas.
I was questioning if I should even be in such a position since I don't seem to actually be that creative.
Then I decided to try psychedelic drugs to get inspiration. Now I did enjoy it a lot and it actually helped me to get ideas.
Now I've gotten to the point where I do this every two weeks (when the tolerance is gone) and it's literally the only way where I get any creative input.
Anyone of you had similar experience?
Is there a way for me to break out of that cycle and not be dependent on getting high?
>>
Fuck off, junkie piece of shit.
>>
File: honkohonko.gif (5MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
honkohonko.gif
5MB, 540x540px
>>314440

Oh! Nice question here.

There's so many approaches to drugs and creativity as a whole. When you're brainstorming you couldn't be under psychedelics but maybe on some methylphenidate (small doses). When you are drawing/sketching or doing artsy stuff you could smoke weed/pot or doing psychs and shrooms. When you're dealing with other persons well, coke is your thing because you could sell ice cubes to the eskimos...

Buuuut thing is: first you've to feed your head. Read history books, philosophy books, literature, geography, arts, science, whatever. Learn how to approach every kind of topic differently and objectively.

I suggest you to read De Bono's "Lateral Thinking" and give the "Oblique Strategies" a go.

Drugs are nothing more than an "addon", they show you nothing you couldn't achieve by training your critical thinking in solving visual/communication problems, or designing.

Never take drugs to find relief, inspiration or a way out to any sort of problem.

A way to break out of that cycle? Commitment to design/what you love, without losing faith if you don't cut to the chase. Team up with someone, look for some design collective in your region, set objectives which are precise in what you want and you DON'T want to do.

Time flies.
>>314441

Hey kiddo! I've heard your mom call you from downstairs.
>>
>>314440
i think i get ideas while im on acid but desu ive never been in a position where i could actually write those ideas down or anything and by the time the trip wore off i had already forgotten them.

to answer your question, yes op there is a way its called stop being a pussy druggie and do your shit without a crutch. no one is not creative, creativity is a muscle the more you use it the better it gets. read about design and spend time looking at different designers their work and their philosophy if applicable. then copy their shit like 20 times. then do that 20 times more for each work. then you'll start to get good without having to resort to drugs
>>
Do dmt

/thread
>>
>>314544
Did you actually read the OP?
>>
>>314440
drugs? I do it all the time, they ruined my life :)
>>
File: slavdoge.jpg (47KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
slavdoge.jpg
47KB, 960x955px
>>314474

this.

I know good advice when I see it, thanks internet dad.
>>
Fuck off, junkie piece of shit why don't you go outside, listen to decent music and eat properly. The ideas will just come naturally
>>
>>316122
I don't know, when I get fairly high but not too much, I become extremely motivated for creative stuff. I have done a lot of work while high.
What it does is, it gives me much stronger positive reinforcement, so when I make something, and I think it's good - instead of going "it's allright" my head goes "oh wow that's so good give me more"
>>
>>314440
its not a thing unless you do lsd. Don't do lsd more than once tho.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.