[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enjoy my latest piece.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Zman.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Zman.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
Enjoy my latest piece.
>>
>>314017
No one can enjoy this garbage.
This new age design crap needs to leave this board immediately.
>>
>>314032
Why don't you show us some of your work then?
>>
Maybe different proportions of elements. Different styles applied here. I'm a fan of japanese fonts. Some weird saying about death that triggers issues in my brain. Hebrew font at top, and beneath three letter in nice style. Some textured colored planets as big element. Some vector elements at bottom. All in space. I'd rate it as a try. Good try, work some more on it, with proportions.
Anyways that's my opinion. Show us more work.
>>
>>314032
Enlighten us with your revolutionary masterpiece
>>
>>314066
Thank you for the share of thought, what do you mean about proportions? I did not fully understand.
>>
>>314032
Don't be a dick, m8. We're all here to learn.
>>
This is very fresh.
>>
>>314032
This is the attitude of either a very junior level designer fresh out of school or a flat-out fake creative.

REAL creative professionals are capable of offering constructive feedback. We all help each other learn and grow. Everyone you meet is better at something than you.

With your nasty attitude I wouldn't even bring you on my team as an unpaid intern. You have a LOT of personal growth to do.
>>
>>314570
>Everyone you meet is better at something than you.
not him but I assure you're better than me at absolutely nothing. ever.
>>
>>314570
Not >>314032 but seriously this IS garbage. It makes no sense, it's not what design is. Why the fuck is there hebrew and japanese? This is just a mix of what is supposed to be "looking good" at the moment. No reflexion, no intention, just pure shit. It's fucking ridiculous and the guy writes "Enjoy my latest piece" as if he was a design master doing us a favor by showing is shit.
>>
File: WHtJGSa.gif (459KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WHtJGSa.gif
459KB, 480x360px
>>314234
>>314062

>>implying that you can't criticize shit work unless you post your own superior work

awesome 4th grader logic you myopic dumbfucks
>>
Initial disclaimer: I do advertising. Graphic design isn't my specialty, but I have taken classes, and do have to art direct every day, so I'm not talking out of my ass. I'm not here to tell you what you are doing is wrong, but have a few notes that might help.

1) Why are you using japanese, hebrew, and english fonts all together? What purpose does this serve/what does it add to this piece?

2) You have a lot of different levels of hierarchy going on at the moment, each line of text is a completely different size on top of being different fonts and different languages.

3) When you design there are typically two directions you can go with a concept: consonance or dissonance.
If you do consonance you are adding more of the same element to a design. Multiple elements are doing the same work. For example if you have a crazy tripy background, and crazy tripy font, both elements are doing the same job in adding this crazy tripy feeling to your design.
If you do dissonance you are adding contrast. Different elements are doing different work. For example if you have a crazy trip background, and a very reserved/neutral font. Now you have two different elements doing different work. The contrast between the two elements can make the background seem even more intense. They are doing opposite things in order to achieve the same goal. Typically dissonance is the better direction, but there are always exceptions.

I think this might help you as you keep working on this piece.
>>
>>314594
You're absolutely correct and reflect my personal feelings, but I really appreciate that he's trying and posting his work and effort. His attitude is very silly but I wish people posted their work more often because it IS interesting and fun
>>
>>314235
When I said about proportion I meant about element sizes. To play with sizes. The elements are allright but the sizes seem off. I was suggesting that you play with sizes of elements.
>>
OP here.
I know this is not a pure everlasting masterpiece and that I am yet to know all about art, but this is the fruit of my imagination. created from scratch, looking back at old works I see the progress that I achieved and I like to think that the most greatest of artist was not appreciated for the majority of their lifespan.
Though I will never stop learning and renewing my style and artistic abilities, I am proud of my work.
>>
>>315061
Okay, OP I'm in a similar place to you. I'm progressing as well and looking back at some of the stuff i did just weeks ago i think its crazy how much Ive progressed.

Then again, 2+0=2.

So let me tell you what I think about your work. First of all, it isn't horrible. There's no papyrus or anything and nothing stands out as something completely "wrong". But that's part of the problem

Your "design" screams pretentioussness. The tagline is uninspired. (No one can avoid death? u dont say..) There is absolutely no reason why japanese AND hebrew characters are in the design. That's not to say you can't have both. You can, but you need to build a rationale as to why. Right now it just doesnt mesh and looks like you just hamfisted whatever trends you saw into your design for no reaosn other than you couldnt figure anything better out. Your orbs are exactly the same, just with different color overlays, which is again lazy and uninspired. the 3d text effect is sort of interesting, it would've been more interesting if you used it better, or more. Theres in general too much weight in the center of the design and nothin on the sides except for bland horizontal text to balance it out. You couldve arranged the orbs in a way to fill out more space and that was more interesting.

Its great that yoyure getting better OP, but you arent anywhere near "good" yet. youre still vomitting shit youve seen before in an unoriginal way. You want to vomit shit youve seen before in an original way. and get more interesting sources, beyond shit that gets posted on tumblr or whatever,
>>
>>314601
so you don't have any :P
>>
>>314017
fuck is this garbage... what the fuck, how did you even get the balls to post this?
>>
>>315061
"proud of my work"
"will never stop learning"

Being proud of your work = stopped learning.
Never proud, always unsatisfied = learning continually. kekz
>>
>>314017
the only think that disturbs me is the background, everythin else is fine
>>
>>314017
אני חושבת שזה טוב. אתה מישראל ?אשמח להתעניין מה אתה לומד\למדת ואיפה
>>
File: 1458258637265.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458258637265.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>314017
Meh, I like it dude. They're right though, it's a bit much for something that is essentially nothing, but I like it. Nice job.
>>
>>315805
כן, אני מישראל, אני אשמח אם תצרי איתי קשר באינסטגרם או בכל פלטפורמה אחרת
השם משתמש שלי בכל דבר הוא bigfatdouche
>>315837
thanks
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.