[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Put some text there on a 45 degree slant and make it a big,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: great value.png (125KB, 560x366px) Image search: [Google]
great value.png
125KB, 560x366px
>Put some text there on a 45 degree slant and make it a big, bright red font. Don't forget an exclamation point.

Does anyone else get clients that say this kind of garbage? What the fuck do you do when you have the client specifically asking you for things that look awful? Do you bite the bullet and give it to them as they ask for or do you risk damaging egos by telling them that you're a designer and they're not, and what they're asking for is terrible?

I used to try the latter but in the end it always came down to "Okay, let's see how it looks both ways", and they always select their own version.

They're paying the bill so it is what it is. Never stops being frustrating though. How do you guys deal with this kind of micro-management /client-playing-designer shit?
>>
I don't really have a choice. I'm an in house graphic designer and my bosses and art director just tell me to give them what they want and get through projects as quick as possible.

I use it as motivation to go home and work on my own portfolio.
>>
Some people just want their idea and that's it. It doesn;t' matter how shitty it looks, just do what they ask. Nothing you make will be better than their idea.so it's a waste of time trying. They are the bad clients. The ones that make design a job, when you gotta do things you don't want to do.

After a while you'll get better at identifying those clients before hand.

Sometimes you can convince them otherwise though. If you explain why you did what you did and how it will make them more money.

Then on the other hand, sometimes it's not such a bad thing to make shitty, gawdy design. Those big red letters actually do draw attention to get the message across to the audience. In lots of cases, the target audience are people who want a bargain and don't give a shit about design. Sorry off on a tangent here.

Another thing to consider: the copy. You start with bland, generic copy, you're in trouble from the start.
>>
>>313401
i was listening to a talk by ash thorp and he said that whenever a director (he works making HUDs on movies) asked him to do something specific that he found uninteresting or lame he would do two versions, one that he liked and the one requested, after that he would explain the director why he did it and he said most of the times the director would pick his version.
>>
>>313444
This

This is exactly what i've done in that position. Don't just tell them "your ideas are bad, mine are better." Go the extra mile and prove it. This is the first step in allowing them to trust your judgement.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.