[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on my event 'flyer' nerds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 4THOFJULY_low.png (3MB, 3000x3005px) Image search: [Google]
4THOFJULY_low.png
3MB, 3000x3005px
thoughts on my event 'flyer' nerds?
>>
there's too little contrast between the scanned page and the white background. now it looks like you are too much of a shitter to align it properly.
>>
>>313067
maybe blend/multiply the type... sticks out
>>
>>313067
its like you gave crayons to a five year old

shit like this is a great way to potray how non-talented you are, just keep it up

nothing in the big picture says its 4th of the july related or catches peoples interest, its just america flag nothing special
>>
>>313067
Looks like and indie rock festival flyer.
>>
>>313069
i wanted to use the texture to contrast not the background colors, that along with it not being aligned gives the image subtle depth
>>
File: USA.jpg (28KB, 373x500px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
28KB, 373x500px
>>313071
sorry i should have gone with something along the lines of this to get the 4th of july message across to retards like you
>>
>>313070
good looks
>>
Flyers should be longer than they are wide, even when distributed digitally.
>>
>>313067
My autism is going into a fury spiral that the number of Stars and Stripes are wrong!

But otherwise, I like it.
>>
>>313067
This does not look good, and it is obvious you are new to this. Keep trying!!
>>
it just looks a bit slanted. the concept is good but the execution (slant) makes all the difference to me, between professional and ok
>>
>>313067
flag is neet, i feel like a blended type would be better if you were going for the scanned look tho
>>
>>313067
Hello! I don't pass though here very often, but on the rare occasion I do, I like to spread a little karma.

Firstly, you could do with being able to plot (and stick to) a really good grid system. Before I attempt anything, I create a grid that is relative to my format and pot my content from there.

There is a great article on creative bloq on how to create custom grids in indesign that is invaluable.

Your three column block here is metrically incorrect, and you've not allowed for much in the way of gutter. Use a grid and then learn how to break it!

Next up, I like that flag. But if I were approaching this from the PoV of an illustrator those stripes would be sausages and those stars would be patties, or something along those lines.

The adjunct paper looks ok, but, rule one of great graphic design, does it assist in delivering the message? Does it hinder the message? It's not doing anything.

To win: illustrate flag onto napkin, photograph on bench. Create type using grid measured to format.

Xxx
>>
>>313067
I would have written the actual information as well. The contrast of actual marker on the page vs the information being a font doesn't really work imo. At the very least I would have tried to match the colors better and given them some kind of bleeding effect in photoshop to make it look like they're physically on the paper rather than just planting text on a scanned image.
I also would have liked to see what it'd look like if you put the text on an angle matching the bottom of the flag but I'm saying that without actually doing it and seeing what it looks like, so I might not do that in the end.
>>
File: suggestions.png (8MB, 3000x3005px) Image search: [Google]
suggestions.png
8MB, 3000x3005px
>>313394
adding to this, I would also play with the layout of the text. Make the event bigger (not necessarily full-length, but what the event itself is is the most important information, followed buy where and when)
Also I'd get rid of the superscripts for PM/4TH. They rarely look good but it's a personal preference I guess.

Also something to think about, PM doesn't need to be there at all. No one's going to mistake it for 2am-8am and 2-8 is a much cleaner object to worth with.
I also might try stacking the Where/When on top the actual features and putting a horizontal separator because the whole design seems pretty left leaning, so keeping that side weighted down may produce interesting results but again I'm saying that without actually seeing the end result.

And if you don't take my advice from the previous post about writing it by hand, I'd definitely work on the typography. If you're sticking with helvetica, get some tighter kerning, and probably lose the all-caps for the "sub"headings (i.e. "The Great Hill", "BYOB, $5 for food") and possibly change the font to something else all together. I'd also make the sub headings smaller than the regular headings, the font weight alone isn't doing it.
>>
>>313067
This has too many stripes, the white ones count too.
>>
>>313067
Blending mode on the type - it looks like shit rn
>>
>>313387
brilliant
>>
File: dfsf.jpg (537KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
dfsf.jpg
537KB, 3000x3000px
>>
>>313067
I like the illustration, but the typography is comparatively bland
>>
>>314609

there ya go

in all seriousness, this actually has potential, as much or more than the original
>>
>>313067
you're a bit late I think.. or early
>>
>>314609
now that's a BBQ I would definitely attend
>>
>>313067
The marker idea is pretty cool, but the composition and text needs lots of work.
>>
cool
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.