[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patreon had a complete graphic design overhaul. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Patreon Logo Kit.png (31KB, 727x483px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon Logo Kit.png
31KB, 727x483px
Patreon had a complete graphic design overhaul.
Thoughts?
>>
I thought you were joking...
>>
>>311367
whoever approved that new logo needs to be fired. it's absolutely awful. not to mention how they basically fucked over everyone who already has the old logo on everything.
>>
>>311367
I don't understand why they would ditch the Orange. That shit seems so tied into their design language and what people think when they talk about Patreon. It's like Kickstarter getting rid of the Green.
>>
Nice, it finally feels more like a record/art label rather than an IT firm. And the elements of the logo become part of a system. Nothing very original but it's cool
>>
TIL I could have been a graphic designer while in kindergarten...
>>
Patreon's managers should have come here and advertise their re-branding campaign. I could have done that for $200.
>>
Guys, think beyond your tastes
What does it represent?

The line and typeface looks like 'Solidarity', and the circle could represent you the patron, supporting your creator. Both of you together make the 'P'. Are they trying to get across the message of 'they can only do their work with you'?

I think it's a great logo.
>>
>>311468
For me the logo looks like a coin hole (such as the ones for vending machines) and a coin. You put your money into something expecting some other thing in return.
>>
Damn I wish I had that guy's/agency's selling skills, whenever I pitch simple marks to clients, they just want to keep adding more shit. I can't imagine getting a line and a circle past them.
>>
>>311468
the main issue is how instantly recognizable the original logo was. it's gonna fuck up so many people who rely on it for income, forcing them to spend time changing their banners and shit.
also i'm sick of the hyperminimalism meme.
>>
The logo literally looks like a paywall.

The circle is you wanting content, the line is the wall blocking you from seeing someone's shitty smut art of Sonic characters without shilling out $25.
>>
>>311473
>>311502
shit that's too good, I didn't even think of that but I can't unsee it now
>>
>>311502
Lmao. That actually sounds plausible.
>>
>>311367
Wow, that actually looks fucking weak, what's wrong with the old logo? It was perfectly fine in it's stylization.
>>
>>311468
You sound like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>312552
Why are you so angry about it my dude? Who cares?
>>
File: Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 0604.png (49KB, 712x761px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 0604.png
49KB, 712x761px
/ic/ had a thread on it, someone made this post
>>
>>312597
Now it looks like a lowercase R, golden ratio is a meme.
>>
ITT amateurs

this is solid and will help catapult their brand
>>
>>311466

Yea but you never would have would you.
>>
>>311367
This is why a lot of designer think minimalism was a mistake.
If it's true that a great logo is one where you can't eliminate anything anymore, than this is the example of what happen if you take away too much.
It's just a rectangle and a circle.
>>
It's a coin going into a slot. If they redefine the coin a little bit I think it wouldn't be confusing. I think it's a great logo
>>
>>311367
did patreon just start the bauhaus revival?
>>
>>311477
>dude it doesn't POP enough
>>
>>313263
Minimalism isn't bad, bad minimalism is bad.
>>
Not sure why they wanted to rebrand themselves as a clothing line, but okay.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.