[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get a photoshop style gradient in illustrator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: test.png (63KB, 1786x1951px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
63KB, 1786x1951px
Is it possible to get a photoshop style gradient in illustrator?
I've tried a few different methods but everytime I seem to get that ugly gray transition instead the transition into black which my piece needs.
Does anyone know any solutions to this problem?
>>
It's completely possible. However, you might be using a colorspace (or swatch) that doesn't work well as well with gradients. IE - CMYK can perform poorly in this regard.
>>
>>311129
Alright I switched my settings to RGB and it seems to be working better. Thanks
Is there anything I should be wary of going forward though? I'm pretty ignorant of the program.
>>
>>311131

Glad it helped. :)

As to "is there anything else going forward"... well, maybe 100's of things. Watch some vids and read the manual. Seriously. Read the manual. It really does help.

Once you're much better with Illustrator, you'll be able to more easily determine if the problem is the software, or your methods - which will give you an easier path to finding the solution. :)
>>
File: Screenshot-1497367477.png (18KB, 936x562px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1497367477.png
18KB, 936x562px
>>311134
Default settings for pixel grid and snapping is a Jewish plot for the goyim to have a shitty artwork that's not pixel precise.

Under Edit -> Preferences -> Guides & Grid set "Gridline every" to "10px" and "Subdivisions" to "10".
Set stroke "Align stroke to inside" in "Stroke:" menu.
Then View -> Show Grid.
>>
>>311159
And View -> Snap to Grid
>>
>>311127
>>311129
And if you are looking to get nice transition from say red to black in CMYK color space,
set black color to consist of your full color values+100% black - then it will smoothly
go from one end to another without any grayness.

In general CMYK color space if much less forgiving than aforementioned RGB as it has narrower gamut.
>>
File: 1496532610845.png (359KB, 457x675px) Image search: [Google]
1496532610845.png
359KB, 457x675px
>>311127
>>
>>311287
>set black color to consist of your full color values+100% black - then it will smoothly
>go from one end to another without any grayness.

Very true, and a good tip. I avoided mentioning that one because I thought colorspace and subtractive color theory might be a bit too much to wrap their head around this early. ;)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.