[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Adobe program to get started on graphic design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm looking to get started on Graphic Design, which adobe program should I use? I can only afford one.

I should mention that I am also a web designer so I'm looking to just get the basics so I can make logos and stuff like that.

>InDesign
>Illustrator
>Photoshop

I read that Photoshop can do a lot of the stuff that is needed for basic design stuff, like logos and things like that.
>>
Trying to not flame you here. You're effectively asking "Should I learn to grill meat or bake cake?"

Your question itself implies that you don't know enough to even be purchasing one in the first place, as they are 3 separate programs - each stellar in their own regard, but also very (basically) very little overlap.

But. You did say "one program". so. If you wish to pursue graphic DESIGN, then get Illustrator. If you're more leaning towards being a graphic ARTIST, start with Photoshop.
>>
>>309641
>design
>artist

Ah shit yeah I don't know anything about this stuff, just trying to expand my skills as a web designer. I want to be able to make logos and stuff like that for my client's websites.

What exactly is the difference between a graphic designer and a graphic artist? What do the two do?

I know I could google it but 4chan people are more practical in explaining things
>>
>>309642
>What exactly is the difference between a graphic designer and a graphic artist? What do the two do?

This is just my own personal definition... but I've been doing this for 20 years, so I feel qualified to give the opinion...

Design is about communicating a brand, a message.

Artist is about communicating an emotion or feeling.

So - in your case - client logos - it's about branding. Go with Illustrator.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (33KB, 690x332px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
33KB, 690x332px
>>309639
don't buy, it's so easy to get them all for free
>>
>>309647
Is it safe torrent it?

>>309646
Okay so I see that you can make logos in photoshop too. The only reason I'm leaning towards photoshop is because it looks much easier than illustrator.

Is this a correct assessment?
>>
>>309647
Okay I am looking for a good download. Do you have a suggestion for one?
>>
>>309655
>Okay so I see that you can make logos in photoshop too.

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it.

>The only reason I'm leaning towards photoshop is because it looks much easier than illustrator.

In some ways, it's definitely easier to learn Photoshop. But designing logos using it will certainly make you the mockery of other designers. Many times in this field, the technical method (and file type) **MATTERS** ... there are more factors of importance, than just what it looks like on the screen.
>>
>>309662
Just got a free trial of illustrator. Yeah you're right this is far superior. I love all the stuff you can do with this program.

Do you have a suggestion for the best way to become efficient with illustrator? I am not an artist of any kind, if that matters. I'm a web designer and classical musician so maybe I understand the basic idea of making something aesthetic

I'm just watching random YouTube vids on making logos so far
>>
https://btdb.in/q/creative%20cloud%202017/?sort=popular

Illustrator.
>>
illustrator is what you want to be making the svg's n shit for web

photoshop is for stuff like ur jpgs that you might want to trim the fat off of and all of that shit

ai first for logos
>>
>>309639
You don't know

We have answers

We help

You profit

Welcome to /gd/ ppl
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.