[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: pain.jpg (432KB, 2044x1183px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
432KB, 2044x1183px
Hi /GD/, I need help with a base design for my car. How does one go about making backgrounds?

Any graphics designers that could help out and give rough quotes?

Kind of been trying to get this done for the last 5 years but I can't do the design by myself.
>>
>>308978
>How does one go about making backgrounds?
just hire someone
>>
>>308988
How? Well, more like where do I find someone?
>>
File: SexyThang.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SexyThang.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
Photo is me in GTA 5
>>
>>308997
Ops photo sorry

Now I look like /v/
>>
>>308989
i guess it depends do you want that anime stuff on your car? you'll be better off finding someone on a forum or social media that has a car like that and ask him for the process, then for the art just find an artist (probably just browse deviantart for a while) and just pay him x amount for a transparent background that you like (you'll probably need a very high resolution +5000k) and then just find a local shop for the sticker/car graphics most print shops also do the car customization here
>>
>>309015
Thanks, most of the art I still need to find and then ask the artists for permission to use their images. My first thought was to check deviant art but it's hard to find designs that aren't awfull.
I have access to printers and materials but I will most likely need to find a place that know how to wrap a car, I've never done anything not flat.

I really like the blue of my car so i'ts either full wrap or some color scheme that goes with the blue.

*keeps searching DA*
>>
>>309073
awfull within the category and what I'm looking for, everything is relative
>>
>>308978
you are aware that making this abomination to your car will keep every 3d girl away from you right?
>>
>>308978
I design fleet liveries and branding for a living.

Prices varying as you'd expect.
In this business we first talk about the coverage on a vehicle & vehicle size on which base prices is then calculated.

Then you add your artwork time - depending on complexity you will get a rough time of how long it will take to design this stuff for you.
Depending on a region, company etc. you multiply it by hourly rate - where I work we charge around $90/hr.

Fully wrapped Mazda 3 will cost you about 2-2.5k, artwork time roughly you'd be looking at 10 hours,
unless you can provide exact images/shots of anime character you're after then you could half that time as it would only require to place it nicely and add background.
Background work if someone has some stock subscription and can get some elements without fucking around will take at best 1-2 hours depending on how complex you want it.

Total with a nice little discount probably $3 - 3.5K job.
If you live is some more upmarket places and the car in question is expensive on its own (say Bentley) you would multiply that by however many times it takes.
Used to work in a place where we were told that customer who buys a Bentley is not going to pay 3K to wrap the car that's worth 120k because it seems too cheap, so they charged 10-15K.

And why it cost so much? Raw materials need to be good quality so it wont crack, skilled application guy(s) so you wont get any bubbles and it wont be cut on the body to prevent rust, skilled designer so it will all align properly and price markup for any of potential repairs and fucking around when the customer changes his/hers mind the last minute right after you started printing it.
>>
File: Hardo Failing Crop.jpg (1MB, 3432x3564px) Image search: [Google]
Hardo Failing Crop.jpg
1MB, 3432x3564px
>>309081
life is more than just girls. I know quite a few that would like such a vehicle.

>>309084
Had to look up liveries. Thanks for the interesting break down especially for the stock images, I always thought that such backgrounds were designed from the ground up.

I have a choice of 3M 40/180/480 or Avery 1105/2003 so the main point where I can save money is with the base material. I believe I could do the less complex shapes but definatly not the alignment/cutting/contouring parts.

I know that either I really sit down and try my best at the background and all the details to keep the design together or I just find a graphic designer and provide all the details, images and drafts.

I mean here is last years draft... kill if with fire...

>fucking around when the customer changes his/hers mind the last minute right after you started printing it
This always happens doesn't it? A rush to get the job done, oh wait, change this!

I should take things slowly... maybe another 5 years... (more like it's time to get moving)
>>
File: 1484501706840.jpg (120KB, 575x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1484501706840.jpg
120KB, 575x1003px
>>309091
anon, share please the paint template you used
>>
File: wrap_suggestions.jpg (400KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
wrap_suggestions.jpg
400KB, 1200x796px
>>309091
>>309117
Got you back senpai: https://file.io/iu0cai

Background wise:
It depends. If you have customer asking for halftone, hexagons, some stripes you could do both- simple to make it yourself and there's a tone of them out there.
If you want something custom, you know you won't find anywhere, then you have to design it yourself.
Personally in instances like this I tend to turn to Maxon Cinema 4D and render completely unique background for the project.

Material wise:
3M 40 is removable and non conformable so it won't say in the recesses/deep body indents
only good for flat/slightly curved surfaces so side of a trailer or some logos on a door.
3M 180 is high quality printable wrapping vinyl and has some certificates (fire rated etc, mainly used on trains and fuel tankers).
3M 480 is your eco-friendly non-PVC equivalent to the 180 and it had some issues.
Can\t recall anything wrong with Avery so that might be an option.

If you're after punchy red, be prepared to loose some of the vibrancy as cast wrapping vinyls as you printing the colour and it will only as vibrant as white is the base media.
Additionally laminate which you have to apply in order to protect the ink (otherwise you will have a nice drip marks after first rain) on 3M tends to be yellowy-green and darkens the colour.

Now, if I were you and wanted to have a livery that will grab people by their throats and punch their teeth out with my fresh wrap,
I would go for something that combines all different vinyl finishes options you can have - matte, chrome, metallic, pearlescent and fullycoloured printed anime. See attached.

Personally i wanted to get my car wrapped, idea was as it is black metallic, to print a gradient from cyan to magenta onto a clear vinyl and wrap it left to right,
so the black will get either cyan or magenta highlights but it didn't worked. Lesson from it is to always ask for a colour sample, perhaps event to get one panel wrapped to get the feeling for it.
>>
File: Mazda3_2006.png (4MB, 4198x5941px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda3_2006.png
4MB, 4198x5941px
>>309173
forgot links don't work here, try this
>>
File: 1491064181168.jpg (67KB, 876x584px) Image search: [Google]
1491064181168.jpg
67KB, 876x584px
>>309174
thanks man, appreciate it
>>
File: 1YQS8Zv[1].png (462KB, 716x596px) Image search: [Google]
1YQS8Zv[1].png
462KB, 716x596px
>>309173
Hi, those are some nice colors!

I hope to have some time this weekend to do some indepth browsing on how to go about with the background. I'm looking at the IJ180 or Avery, still need to finish some test to see wich one I like the most.

Laminate is a must and important to use the recomended one by the manufacturer.

For now I made some test decals for a friend so I'll hope to check them out soon as well.

Why didn't your idea work? Were the colors really of or did something else not look right?

>>309174
Sweet, this one has the correct wheels. Still need to find one with my bumpers, it's like a mix of two versions. Pretty rare and a pain to find blueprints.

>>309193
Those are the kind of decals I want, that they look like some super brands but have nothing to do with car tunning!
>>
>>309117
I want to see the full equation written on that board
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.