[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$60 for a simple logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

I'm sure you guys get this quite a bit, but I'm looking for a logo design, I'm willing to pay, someone just paid me like $60 on venmo for editing a video for them, so I'd be willing to just transfer that $60 to you for making a simple logo. I'm redoing my website (just a smugmug, but it'll do) I have an upcoming photography show, and just really need to get everything updated. With that being said...

The logo I want, should just be a simple logo, probably convey that I'm a photographer

I would prefer it to be square

Two versions, 1 with just the logo, and another with the logo and my name next to it.

I will also need the illustrator files to get screenprinted shirts and a hat for myself.

I would prefer the logo to be in either pure white or #1e1e1e dark grey, and possibly with a red #7e0404 accent of some sort.

For my information, this is my instagram instagram.com/kazcanning , I'm just going to be using my name KazCanning.

Maybe it doesn't even have to convey photography, just sleek and nice looking like this other photographer I like, his logo is at the top left http://www.lik.com/

I trust that you guys can make something good, I usually like the designs I see on here. If you're interested, you can just leave a low res jpeg or a watermarked one, and we can exchange info for the delivery and payment. If you have any additional questions, I'll be on the thread to monitor.

Thank you
>>
>>307849
maybe leave an email i'll might contact you with some proposals.
>>
>>307849
$100.
>>
>>307946
Sorry, I'm not in the financial position right now. I'very just got that $60 bucks that I can play with right now.
>>307942
If you're the guy that messaged me on IG, I saw it. I'll email you in a little bit. I'm traveling right now, so Im just seeing this stuff right now
>>
>>307849
Your mailbox is full, I can't message you.
>>
>Simple logo
>Lists several key criteria
>$60

Get outta here
>>
>>307999
Message me on IG @kazcanning. Sorry, I'm also working on my website right now, hence the need for a new logo. You can also email me [email protected]
>>
>>308007
I didn't think they were even really criteria. Just my name, and other logos to go off of, and the photography element was possible too. I thought giving the colors would take addition thinking out of it. I know that $60 isn't a lot, but that's just what I have to work with right now, wish I could give more
>>
>>308007
>all it takes is to sit down for an hour or two and mess arount in ilustrator
>thinks 60 $ isnt enough
>it's hardly even work people do that shit all day for fun
This is why everybody thinks you desighners are retarded cunts
>>
>>308038
If that's all it takes and its "Hardly even work" then you do it and just upload it here for him.
>>
>>308038
>all it takes is to sit down for an hour or two and mess arount in ilustrator
99% of the work takes place in the head and on paper, the idea is what designers are paid for. The actual vector creation is the least important part.
>thinks 60 $ isnt enough
It's two digits away from enough for anyone the least bit serious about their business.
>it's hardly even work people do that shit all day for fun
I guess we shouldn't pay athletes either since they're having fun.
>>
>>307849
Did you get your logo? Do you still need one?
>>
>>308118
>>308120
It's not fucking coca cola that asked you to desighn something, its just some guy thinking he's a photographer, you dont have to do some extra high quality, original artwork. Its just a fucking logo for some random guy, you can do some simple shit and give it to him. And yea maybe i will desighn something for him
>>
>>308146
I'm sure the random deluded guy-photographer can't wait to give you pittance for the non-original simple shit clipart you plan to pass off as yours.
>>
>>308149
I have no idea why you concluded i said to steal something and pass it off as yours
>>
>>308151
>you dont have to do some extra high quality, original artwork
>>
>>308138
Im working with someone right now, so I'd say you can probably save your time and not do one, I just dont want you to waste your time and recieve nothing.

>It's two digits away from enough for anyone the least bit serious about their business

Im coming to 4chan for help, I know there are obviously some good graphic designers, I already explained the situation, I have an additional $60 laying around and I figured I would at least try to have someone else take a stab at it because I hated the logo I made in the past. I just don't have $1000+ dollars to spend on 4chan right now.
>>
File: 1492180933598s.jpg (8KB, 190x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492180933598s.jpg
8KB, 190x250px
>>307849
Why don't you just make a wordmark in a neat typeface and avoid being a meme like lik's shit logo? you can hardly read, it, let alone remember it

Why try to have a quality site and then have a pile of cheap garbage for a logo? it ruins the whole thing.

>I usually like the designs I see on here.
Are you sucking up or are you delusional?

>>308146
lmao go on cunt

If people ever consider their work to be worth 60 dollars, its because their work is trash. Or they're trash. Or both.
>>
>>308161
>Why don't you just make a wordmark in a neat typeface and avoid being a meme like lik's shit logo? you can hardly read, it, let alone remember it

I just wanted a logo

>Are you sucking up or are you delusional?

Im not a graphic designer and I see stuff I like on here all the time, so I don't know maybe I'm just not versed in Graphic design
>>
>>308163
>so I don't know maybe I'm just not versed in Graphic design

...or video editing, if you're only charging $60.
>>
op, i don't know your experience with this, but when you are requesting a logo you can hope to pass off on merchandise (shirts, hats, etc), you need some sort of actual outline for the idea behind your logo & the intent. just because something is a logo, that does not mean it will transfer over well to a shirt or hat.
no competent designer is going to spend $60 worth of time studying how best your logo is going to look aesthetically. $60, maybe something you can put on your work as a "watermark", but you will need to invest much more than $60 to have something that you will be proud to have on a shirt. i mean, you'd probably have a better chance at tying to scout college fresh designers for anything they would be willing to put in a portfolio.

you also gotta put time in to research copyright so some asshole with a similar name/logo doesn't send you a cease & desist (though i really doubt you are trademarking a design you get off 4chan)

>>308161
i mean, if anyone *competent* is going to make a $60 logo, the quality is of course going to reflect. someone could probably just spend a half hour to throw together some rasterized text in photoshop with a stock vector watermark for an easy $60.
>>
>>308152
exactly, and that doesn't mean you have to steal shit
>>308161
He's not fucking samsung, you dont have to make outer worldly quality logo for 25 000 dollars, he specifically asked for a 60 dollar shit and he will get 60 dollar shit
But while you two were being pretentious cunts, somebody made him something and got his 60 dollars, and you two faggots were left jerking off and thinking your shit is actually worth big money
For the sake of fucking argument i made a shitty example on a shitty pc that can't even run Ilustrator, but that shitty example met all of his createrria and is good enough for him. You could have made him some shit like this and got 60 bucks, but instead you are empty handed
>>
>>308183
mate, i get that you're saying 'look it's shitty' to protect yourself and your point, but that doesn't really fit his insta or what he asked for.

it really, honestly, looks like utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>307849
How did you get so many followers with so little content?
>>
>>308183
He obviously expected some sort of quality since he posted in contest format (participating in which is further degrading yourself) where he'd choose what he liked best. $60 is just a moot price point for design, you could get a car for $60 but I wouldn't sit in it (stolen/broken/unsafe), buying a car doesn't even begin to be worth it until you get into higher price points, and the same can be said for design.

Also you would be severely fucking yourself over if you charged only $25k for a logo for Samsung.
>>
>>308189
oh for fuck's sake, he's not a God damned photographer, he's just a fucking guy taking pretty pictures with an expensive camera, for 60 buck with an hour of your time you can make something that is more than enough for him. i'm not a designer, nor do i have any training in that shit whatsoever, of course my shit is going to be utter garbage. Than again, his pictures are utter garbage and you could have gotten yourself 60 dollars had you not valued an hour of your time so much
>>308194
what fucking quality can he honestly expect from 60 dollars and a 4chan board. You might not want to sit in a 60 dollar car, but he would, you could have sold him that car, which you got for a dollar
>>
>>307849
>kazcanning
I can make you a decent logo for 60$
but can you western union it to me?
>>
>>308172
>...or video editing, if you're only charging $60

It was a 20 second teaser that I cut from a music video for the musician to put on instagram. So i think that's a fair price for how short of an amount of time it took

>>308192
I work on my hashtags a lot and focus on getting large audiences through large sharing pages. The last post I made gained me a little bit more than 200 followers from some sony pages.

>>308195
>he's just a fucking guy taking pretty pictures with an expensive camera

The photo in the OP was taken with a camera you can get for $200. It's fine if you don't like it, I'm not trying to get in an argument over the percieved quality of my photos, I was just looking for a logo.

>>308197
I'm working with someone that responded earlier, so I don't want to waste your time, I appreciate it though. I'll probably end up deleting this thread very soon.
>>
>>308216
>I'll probably end up deleting this thread very soon.

Deleting your own threads has been disabled.
>>
Everyone here seems to think they are worth more than a $60 logo. but the actual cost of a logo is relative to the company who's doing it and their value.

You don't charge a local business $1 million for a logo but you sure as hell would if it was Amazon asking for one.

This guy is a photographer and even if the logo might be worth a bit more, hes not asking for anything special and that's all he can afford.

TL;DR: Spend 10 minutes on a simple but nice looking logo for $60 or spend 10 minutes bitching about how much he should pay on this meme board you all think is fucking artstation or something.
>>
>>308221

This is why these assbergs are unemployed, circle jerking on a Lithuanian yarn knitting factory website, and not actually getting paid for their mediocre shit.

When a job comes along they would rather bitch and moan, than make some money. lmao.

OP, if you're serious and still need a logo contact me.

[email protected] We can work out the logistics from there.
>>
>>308224
How does it feel to earn less money for your work solely because you decided to? Instead of making design a "if you have to ask you can't afford it" type of service, you and people like you are turning it into a joke, completely voluntarily.
>>
>>308226

When I was a teenager I would do landscaping, fence painting, and other odd jobs for like 20 - 30 bucks for a days work. That was like 8 hours. At that age, it felt like a fortune. I could take a girl out to the movies, or have a little money for going out with friends.

Do you know how much someone who does landscaping makes an hour? close to what I was making in a day.

But still, I was doing a one off odd job for someone.

Just because you do a 60 dollar logo for some no name client you met over the internet, doesn't devalue your work professionally.

Lets be honest. This guy isn't going to make it big in photography, and if he does it firstly will have nothing to do with a logo some anon designed, and secondly he will probably pay a designer more for a better logo.

Right now doing this logo for 60 bucks, what will take all of 30 minutes because he spelled out exactly what he wanted would be an easy 60 bucks, a portfolio builder, and an opportunity to practice your craft.

Chances are people on this board are still in college, or they are learning design on their own. Dong one $60 design, like I said, is not going to devalue your skills, and isn't going to make this guy Nike or Adidas.
>>
File: 1493315937389.jpg (82KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1493315937389.jpg
82KB, 400x388px
>>308183
pic related

>>307849
at this rate just go to fiverr lmao
>>
>>308228
>Just because you do a 60 dollar logo for some no name client you met over the internet, doesn't devalue your work professionally.

You're right, it doesn't, it devalues the work of everyone in the industry. Imagine if me and some of my buddies around the world were private medical doctors, and started charging $1 for an hour of our services. Our customers see they can get medical care, regardless of quality, for $1, and they start recommending us to their friends, who then recommend us to their friends etc. Pretty soon, you have a huge number of people wrongly believing private medical care is insanely cheap, and refusing to go to anyone but me and my buddies, because why should they pay someone $80/h if there's a guy doing it for $1?? Other doctors either lower their prices as well, or go out of business, and me and my buddies die or get other jobs because we were operating at a huge unsustainable loss. Someone can only afford to pay $1/h? Tough fucking shit, they can't afford private medical care, find another solution.
>>
>>308242
if you're getting outplayed by no name designers because they are cheap you obviously aren't marketing yourself correctly and are no good at explaining to big deal clients why your work is worth more than that other dude that does sik grafix design for $10/hr.
>>
>>308243
It's not about being outplayed, it's about the amount of big deal clients i.e. there would be a lot more of them if they weren't misinformed by the people undermining the industry. People shouldn't even think to look for designers until they have budgets at least in the high triple digits.
>>
>>307957
>Sorry, I'm not in the financial position right now.
Well then, maybe you should wait a little longer until you get more shekels and come back to promote your spec-work. If you have the money to spend on T-shirts, hats, photo equipment, I don't see why not do the same with your identity.
>>
>>308228
>When I was a teenager I would do landscaping, fence painting, and other odd jobs for like 20 - 30 bucks for a days work.
Adjusted for inflation that would be $60.
>>
I would love to do it send me a email. [email protected]
>>
>>307849
Meant to reply, would love to do it [email protected]
>>
>>308307
>>308308

too late.
>>308216
>>
>>308308
Don't bother, dude. If he's not paying you upfront, especially for such a low amount, he's probably going to rip you off, use or recreate the logo you've sent him and you'll never see a dime from him.
>>
>>308007

This was my post several days ago.
Didn't expect much activity on this thread.

Anyone saying "hurr durr it's 60$ in your pocket and only a few hours for shit" is both naive and inexperienced.

Its not necessarily the money, Britfag here and I charge £28ph so thats about 36$ usd an hour, so that's two hours work basically, simple!
Only problem is i see requests like this a few times a week and not just on this board.
Friends and family do this to you too and it will get in the way of your actual work.

Its low quality, quick turnaround stuff and in fairness if you're a student or do this on the side then actually it's not a bad gig but often peoples expectations of what they will be getting for that money is what devalues the profession.

After seeing this guys replies I don't think hes under any illusion of what he will get so I suppose that's not too bad.
>>
>>308338
This.
>>
do you guys charge more if the client has several criteria? cool. I didn't think of that. it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>308322
I've already finished them all so I'll just post anyway
>>
File: can... no money.png (563KB, 7916x5100px) Image search: [Google]
can... no money.png
563KB, 7916x5100px
>>308379
Here they are
>>
>>308380
dude, they're sweet. Whatever he's getting couldn't be much better than these, I reckon.
>>
File: 1494881409983.png (4MB, 4802x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1494881409983.png
4MB, 4802x1530px
>>308380

>Trashy lines
>Literally stealing work
>lazy design

Please never call yourself a designer.
>>
>>308390
Maybe later
>>
>>308390
>be op
>hey i really like x design
>essentially clone it, but worse

this is not a nice thread
>>
/
>>
>>308390
Huh, busted. How did you find it?
Hey, OP, post what you selected as the lucky winner of sixty bucks.
>>
>>307849
Are you still looking for a designer?
You will struggle to find someone better than me.
It will cost you $600.
If you want to actually make an improvement in your success as a photographer then let me know.
>>
>>308442
>"let me know"
>leaves no way to actually contact him

i hate this board
>>
>>308439
I went to >>>/google/ and typed in "Can Camera."
>>
>>308442
>Doesn't read the thread
>"I am the best hurr dur"
>Says $600. Clearly out of OPs price range.
>Offers consulting and brand identity creation for the price most would charge for just logo design.
>Cant even market himself. (literally forgetting contact details on his post.)

Jesus christ dude. just stop.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (383KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
383KB, 3000x3000px
>>
File: instagram-512.png (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
instagram-512.png
18KB, 512x512px
>>307849
here is the logo you are looking for
>>
File: Untitled-2-01.png (85KB, 2362x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2-01.png
85KB, 2362x2362px
Since OP is a faggot and started a competition instead of just going with the first one to send him one I might as well post what I had made.

Spent literally 5 minutes on it.
>>
>>309108
This is the one he chose.
>>
>>309109
FWIW that aint bad
>>
>>309108
Look, I told you I was sorry for any miscommunication. I tried to list exactly what I wanted, but it skipped my mind to mention that I was getting submissions from multiple people. I also am sorry if I mentioned anywhere that I would take the first submission to my email, which even in that case, you were the 5th person to reply, and you said that you had already made one, so I just said that I would definitely like to take a look at it. Actually the first guy that responded to me had a decent logo that I had him make modifications to, then when someone else came along after that I liked better, I told that guy sorry for wasting his time gave him some money and didn't even take his logos, I was trying to be as nice as possible and not waste anybodys time, and I'm sorry if I did. I wanted to delete this thread, but I can't.
>>
>>309110
Yeah, its pretty good. Though, its almost the opposite of what OP wanted lol.

>>309121
Literal garbage. Go to fiverr next time LOL.
>>
>>309126
>Though, its almost the opposite of what OP wanted lol.
It's not though. I linked in the OP a logo that I really liked, and that one is very similar

>Literal garbage. Go to fiverr next time
Don't have to be that upset about it. You made the logo before I even talked to you, at least, that's what you said in your email. I said I would look at it, and that I would be unresponsive because I was traveling, I'm sorry if you were waiting around your computer for a week refreshing your email, that's not what I intended to happen.
>>
File: idubz.gif (803KB, 360x201px) Image search: [Google]
idubz.gif
803KB, 360x201px
>>309109
>>
man you guys all suck, just quit and try a different profession, but then again, you shits will help my portfolio look better
>>
>>309132
But I want to git gud in this profession. Can I see your portfolio as a guiding post, please?
>>
File: 1.jpg (110KB, 646x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110KB, 646x1000px
>>309121
Wait, you paid for a logo you didn't use but cheapened out on $60 for the final one? My fucking sides.
>>
>>309184
I paid a guy a few bucks that I had do several revisions to his initial logo he sent to me. Then when someone else came along with a logo that I thought would work better, I said sorry to him then paid him for his time. That's what I would've wanted someone to do to me if I was in their shoes.
>>
>>308038
kill yourself faggot
>>
File: 1495565811194.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495565811194.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>307957
not in the financial position to spend the money you earned prior the bullshit editing job you previously did? photographers are fags and fags have clout stop being a kike
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.