[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good design, /gd/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: ten_outta_ten_menu_would_waifu.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ten_outta_ten_menu_would_waifu.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Is this good design, /gd/?
>>
damn, ye that's sick as all fuck.
>>
For like an anime video game yes it fits the subject perfect
>>
P5 has some of the best menu design in recent memory
>>
>>307807
I'm not entirely sold on the "wobbly polygons" thing they have going on - you can see it here used to highlight menu options, and you also see them next to messages in popup boxes - but in general, yeah, it looks great.
>>
>>307939
Sorry, could you clarify what you mean?
>>
I really dig it from an artistic perspective but it's suuuuper fucking busy and overwhelming.

If the goal is to provide eye-candy for people who were going to play it regardless, it's good design. If the goal was to make information easier to digest for newcomers to the series, it's pretty bad.

>>307933
I don't know if you'd classify it as "recent" but imo that honor goes to Dead Space. Diegetic UI is fucking orgasmic.
>>
>>307979
As the selection moves from Skill to Item to Equip on the menu, each menu item is highlighted by this rectangle thing whose borders are constantly shifting. Might be a little loud. I was just reaching for any sort of complaint though. Like I said, I think it looks good (as does everything else in the game).
>>
>>308036
I got that. I was just confused by what you meant by "pop-up boxes." Are you just talking about the equipment listing?
>>
>>308043
He's talking about how when there's dialog in the game, the speech bubbles have the same wobbly effect on the tails.
>>
>>307980
disagree completely, it's easy to understand even for new players. Hopped into p5 mid-way through my roommates playthrough and understood everything even though I've never played a persona game.
>>
>>308112
You're also posting on an extremely niche board on 4chan though, so it's safe to assume you're familiar with conventions for JRPGs/games in general. By "newcomer" I mean someone who knows nothing about anything and just bought the game because the boxart looked nice.
>>
If you want to be an edgelord then Yes.
If you want to be understood then idk dude idk
>>
I feel live I've seen this kind of style used on like binders of public school kids or graffiti.

I don't really remember but with all the stars and the dots to fill up space it's very familiar to maybe an art class project?

Would anybody know what exactly this style is called?
>>
>>307807
It's not bad - just very dated. That style was stupid trendy in the late 00s
>>
>>308258
>>307980
I've personally seen a total nugget get through the entire game on normal difficulty with no problems. It's flashy but all relevant information is very easy to read. I've only had a few minor problems with it
>Hard to tell that you can sort through the item menu.
>To players who aren't used to it Item and Equip are redundant.
>In the localization Party is called Stats for some bizarre reason, which hides the fact that you can switch party members at any time you're out of combat without going to a save point.

If you look closely, the relevant information is white while the irrelevant information is light grey and only looks white due to the contrast.
>>
>>307807
Cool as shit but overcrowded as fuck. I didn't even realize this was supposed to be the menu until the second loop.
>>
>>308421
It's very pop punk. I remember seeing those kinds of stars on binders as a kid, too.

>>308535
There's also how ugly most of the UI elements made for the English release are, to the point that they can't even fit with the English text that was in the Japanese release. The biggest issue is the typeface they used for the body copy, considering it's what you're looking at the most in the game, from battles to story scenes.
>>
>>308575
>overcrowded as fuck
that's part of its charm though
>>
Looks like a 00's game
>>
>>308682
I wish games looked like that in the '00s. Most game UIs look bad, even today. This might be polarizing, but it's the first of its kind in gaming, even if it's well-worn ground elsewhere.
>>
>>307807
Too busy, but that's what the Japanese do - spread all their type in multiple obnoxious sizes
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.