[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am on the path of starting freelancing (web design, graphic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: Coloring-NRW_E-reddish.jpg (82KB, 576x679px) Image search: [Google]
Coloring-NRW_E-reddish.jpg
82KB, 576x679px
I am on the path of starting freelancing (web design, graphic design, videography etc.) and i'm trying to make a logo for my brand.

I want it clean and simple and that's what i came up with. I really need opinions (good, bad, smart and stupid) b/c i don't have anyone to discuss it with.
>>
Why is every letter in Edgar Kerned together apart from the r?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (14KB, 640x298px)
Untitled-1.jpg
14KB, 640x298px
>>307661
Look how r loses its' distinctiviness otherwise
>>
Or you know, kern everything the same?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medgar_Evers
>>
>>307663
its funny how your post is about kerning and it looks like "kem" to me
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (12KB, 570x232px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
12KB, 570x232px
>>307663
Doesn't look better
>>
>>307665
i'm sure there's a known joke or meme about that
>>307666
Looks better to me
>>
Can you do the new version in the same palette so we have a fair comparison
>>
>>307659
it looks uninspiring for someone who is supposed to be creative, did you made some sketches first or you just went straight to the pc? also the typeface looks kinda odd (like you took an existing font and remove some edge points), the long shadow is overused and the motto doesn't seem to add anything to the logo.

>"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
>>
>>307669
+1
>>
>>307669
Thanks for the opinion. You are absolutely right. I'll try to sketch, even though it's not my strong point.
>>
"e" emblem looks like Blogspot logo
>>
>>307681
My first thought as well; the solid-drop-shadow look is EXTREMELY tired and uninspired. I actually really like your font/color choice for "edgar" but think literally everything else you've presented can go
>>
>>307684
I knew that using long shadow may be controversial and i know that it is overused, though it is the first time i used it ever, so it was more of a test. Thanks for your opinion, i'm trying more stuff now and will post it when i get somewhere with it. I also like these colors, but they do remind me of something else, like i've seen it milion times before.
>>
File: tinder.jpg (45KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
tinder.jpg
45KB, 560x415px
>>307659

Reminds me of the tinder logo bro
>>
File: edgar-v2.png (35KB, 840x360px) Image search: [Google]
edgar-v2.png
35KB, 840x360px
Hey there. So i did some more work and here's what i came up with.
Here's how i thought while designing this:
- Orange and green color palette is a reference to oranges, because "nothing rhymes with orange" is an inspiration for my name.
- That green leaf is actually a stress sign. I pointed it out, because people tried to rhyme my name not realizing, that the first syllable is "under stress". That's the reason it doesn't rhyme so well with words like "star", "car" etc.
- E is combined with cyrillic letter Э, because russian is my mother tongue and i like the letter a lot. It makes exact sound you should make when pronouncing "edgar".

I think this version looks more unique and also has some character.

Tell me what you think, all kinds of feedback are welcome.
>>
>>308263
too much stuff going on here
get rid of the Э because it's useless
>>
File: internet-explorer-11.jpg (36KB, 1220x570px) Image search: [Google]
internet-explorer-11.jpg
36KB, 1220x570px
>>308263

Bruh...
>>
>>308272
Why do you think so? i don't agree
>>
>>308281
Yeah, associations with this satan's work is one of the biggest drawbacks of my design. I'll try to tweak it to lose some similiarities.
>>
>>308263

The negative space of the "e" jumped out at me looking like a pair of pliers, which would be perfect if your company made orange tools.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (28KB, 329x148px)
Untitled-1.png
28KB, 329x148px
>>308263

if you're going with Э, then try pic related

extra points if you're actually a slav

you "quirky" catchphrase is shit and makes things overly complicated, don't use it
>>
>>308286
lmfao cant unsee.
>>308287
OP's gotta scap it now. Pliers too stronk.
>>
>>307659
>Asks for advice

>>308284
>Doesn't take it

Your second rendition looks even worse OP.
If you are starting freelancing or your own design business you have to be better than that. and you gotta be good enough to know that your stupid catchphrase isn't going to work.
>>
File: 749_KataKarkkainen_001.jpg (144KB, 964x1440px) Image search: [Google]
749_KataKarkkainen_001.jpg
144KB, 964x1440px
Lose the font man. Make a new one. It's not an original one at all. Not sure if you're trolling with your designs lol ;
:D
>>
>>308287
>Anonymous

Still looks like the tinder logo. How am I the only one to see it?
>>
question sort of related to thread:

do you need a logo for yourself? does it have to be your name?
>>
File: 4chin.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4chin.png
7KB, 500x500px
>>308361

If you're planning to do freelance stuff it's better to have it than not have it, for the sake of recognition and giving a good focal point for your portfolio websight. Even if you're trying to get a job in an agency, it's a nice thing to show your potential employers (that you're at least competent enough to make a logo for yourself). No, pic related, mine is just the first letter of my name, but you can have your full name, a dildo or whatever.
>>
>>308332
you aren't. but you already said it and redundancy isn't something designers do so we aren't repeating it.
>>
>>307666
It's definitely better when they're the same.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.