[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start using this? I already know how to use photoshop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Adobe_Illustrator_.AI_File_Icon.png (62KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Adobe_Illustrator_.AI_File_Icon.png
62KB, 512x512px
How to start using this?

I already know how to use photoshop.
>>
Start learning how to trace images with the pen tool.
>>
>>307532
what's with /gd/ and tracing images? i've been working for a living with illustrator for 10 years and i've very rarely did hand tracing.
anyways OP, learn to use curves, learn to edit them, understand colors and color mixing in different color spaces (RGB, CMYK).
>>
>>307537
i think he meant that you can learn to use the pen tool by tracing images/drawings, i can't think of a better way of learning it (i also have taken a few courses for lettering, illustration etc and every single one recommend tracing sketches)

i've been working with ai for 6 years and i use the pen tool/tracing (with my own drawings/sketches) probably in 7/10 projects
>>
>>307586
either pay or pirate a beginners course or follow tutorials (youtube, design.tutsplus.com)
also i don't think there's that much to learn tbqh
>>
>>307531
Inkscape is a free version of the same if you want to practice. There is a lot you can do (in Inkscape) that is very simple but creates a pretty fancy look. However, Inkscape (and presumably Illustrator) have always run slower for me than Gimp or Photoshop.
>>
>>307531
Is this an artificial intelligence program Can I use it for computer related tasks I saw it on adobe but I only have photoshop This would be cool to use for some good tasks like writing a colleg paper lol ill just tell it to write a paper at like a B grade not an A because my teacher probably would catch on to it so how does it work do i need a webcam to talk to it and tell it what to do I saw a movie about ai once and it seemed like it was pretty good with haley joel osmond playing an ai lol but ai seems scarey so actually i dont think i want to use this program it might get too smart and my chromebook wouldnt let me unplug it or something thats how ai works it gets really smart so that it tricks you into not letting it get shut off lol but sometimes i forget to plugh in my chromebook so the battery dies so maybe i will actually use it i dont think the ai could outsmart me and all i have to do is just close it right so how does the program work is it easy I think adobe products are pretty good how easy it is to use compared to photoshop elements 3 thats what im using right now and its pretty easy i use it for my photos mosst the time and it wors really good and im pretty good at it so i think i could use this ai pretty good to and write some pretty good papers for college if i train it right thanks guys i appreciate the hlep
>>
Stress-saving tips:

When you're drawing curves with the pen click on the vector point after releasing to get rid of the curve on the other end.

Hold space to drag around (hand tool)

There are separate windows for colors/styles, opacity, etc.

If you need to trace something, the easiest way is usually to open the image trace window and play with the adjustments. Expand & adjust from there. Make sure you check ignore white in the trace window as well.
>>
>>308062
is this a copypasta? is this bait?
i'm new to this board but there's no way someone ACTUALLY thinks like this
>>
>>308464
performance artist of /gd/
>>
>>307531
I hated illustrator when I started using it. I would always just fall back to photoshop.

Coming back to illustrator to do more things helped get me going.

I'm great at it now.

What I did, as other anons reccommended, I traced an image I liked and was actively engaged in trying to get it looking right, then satisfied by the end. I also downloaded .svgs and .ai art to see how those were put together.

I just picked up on a couple things by messing with the program, trying to make something.

So find rasters you like and vector them. Find vector files you like, open them up, and see how they were made. Maybe try recreating art you made in another program in illustrator.

Important thing. If you get frustrated, keep going until you solve something. If the frustration gets to be to much, stop and come back later.
GL.
>>
File: fetty.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fetty.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
DO NOT expect to it to work like Photoshop even though the interface looks similar.
>>
>>307532
this
>>
Illustrator is more of a tool than a software itself.
>>
>>308604
wut
>>
Dont support Adobe
>>
>>308072
>When you're drawing curves with the pen click on the vector point after releasing to get rid of the curve on the other end.
doesnt that delete the curve?
>>
>>308901
What do you prefer? I prefer CorelDRAW over Adobe Illustrator, but I found that Corel PhotoPaint is trash compared to Adobe Photoshop.
>>
get good at the pen tool. Literally all you need to know for Illustrator.
>>
Learn the difference between vector and raster if you don't already. Learn the bezier curves tool. Learn shape keys (or whatever the fuck it is called nowadays). Start a project and learn the rest from there using google searches.
>>
Commit to making something in it and you'll start learning.
http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/how-create-vector-art-2131975
>>
>>307531
I have a love/hate relationship with illustrator. Vector is so much easier once it's all done, but when I need to bang out a bunch of stuff fast and quick, photoshop is quick. I might take vectors from illustrator and pop them into photoshop. You can also just create vector stuff in photoshop. magic wand, create path, pen tool the points to look good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.