[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black metal logos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: lurker of chalice logo.jpg (119KB, 1015x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lurker of chalice logo.jpg
119KB, 1015x1200px
how should I go about creating a logo like pic related? (or any black metal logo)
I mean should I even try to do it in illustrator or should I do it on paper? (I'm way better in traditionnal than illustrator)
How do you decide where you put the non-letter details? How much is too much?
will bump with other black metal logos but lurker of chalice's is the one that interests me the most

>inb4 you can't even read it!
that's the point, and it works.The fact that fans can read it and other people can't makes them feel a very special connexion with the band, wich makes them stay
>>
Just draw some random spikes and shit on paper then scan and bring it into illustrator. I actually really like this aesthetic despite 100% of these logos being objectively bad
>>
>>306464
I'd love it if it was that easy
>>
>>306466
there's not trick but practice, draw the same thing over and over (look for references if you don't know where to put the details) once you're happy with it scan it and follow this tut:

>https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/team-awesome-from-hand-lettered-logotype-to-vector-in-adobe-illustrator--cms-23737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPM7-EWvmA
>>
>>306476
wow, thanks for the tutorials!
should I draw it on graph paper for the symmetry or is it not that important?
>>
File: here, a minute on ms paimt.png (59KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
here, a minute on ms paimt.png
59KB, 500x484px
>>306463
>>
File: merch.png (286KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
merch.png
286KB, 690x690px
>>306508
>>
>>306511
That's... actually not that bad, with a little bit of refinement, it could work.
>>
>>306508
hahahahahaha
upboated
suscribed
thumbs up
shared
front page of imgur
>>
File: relax.png (119KB, 1197x1404px) Image search: [Google]
relax.png
119KB, 1197x1404px
here's what I did with the tutorials that anon kindly gave me
I still feel like it's not organic enough, like it's too clean
idk
what do you think?
(it says "relax" btw)
>>
File: hyhy.jpg (574KB, 2245x2156px) Image search: [Google]
hyhy.jpg
574KB, 2245x2156px
>>306599
glad you liked the tuts, and that's actually a pretty great result, once you have the vectors you could add a "grunge texture" to the design on photoshop (either with brushes or with images) pic is a few mins on photoshop with your image, also i don't think green works that well on the star circle.
i recommend this pack with premade grunge textures just be subtle.
https://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/freebies/free-vector-texture-pack-for-adobe-illustrator
>>
File: enhanced-3378-1443698528-1.jpg (49KB, 560x436px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-3378-1443698528-1.jpg
49KB, 560x436px
The obligatory.
>>
>>306611
yeah the green is kind of a placeholder cause idk how to make the star white a thin black outline, can you help me out?
I don't think I'll use the "grunge texture" on this since I've never seen a black metal logo with this effect, but thank you for teaching me that, I'll use it in other projects!
>>
File: hahaha1.jpg (5MB, 3500x2330px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha1.jpg
5MB, 3500x2330px
1. download "metal font pack 2016"
2. write band name
3. print it, put thin paper on top
4. start adding more spikes n shit
5. scan & repeat
6. ???
7. profit

took me 1 hour whew
>>
>>306678
but that's the easy way
I might do that to sell dull logos to mediocre bands but that's not how you come up with a great logo
>>
File: picture-5.png (1MB, 1565x1076px) Image search: [Google]
picture-5.png
1MB, 1565x1076px
this is a great tutorial

https://gomedia.com/zine/tutorials/typography-tutorials/tutorial-death-metal-logo/
>>
>>306704
another great tutorial, thanks
I would've never tought about the ellipse method
>>
lil bump hoping for more hindsight
>>
File: niko101st.jpg (158KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
niko101st.jpg
158KB, 500x381px
just finished mine
>>
>>306463
Basically, manually paint all the letters in white on a black backdrop. make them really long and spiky, impossible to read and MAKE SURE it is as generic as possible, not original at all and therefore very forgettable.
>>
I would start with calligraphic Germanic text and manipulate that.
Pic related
>>
I'm interested in learning this too

www.instagram.com/christophe.szpajdel/
lots of great logos here (from the guy who did the Emperor logo)

>>306678
looks nice but more like a death metal logo
something like OP's pic is harder to pull off well though
>>
>>307468
actually this link is better (look for the Logos 20xx folders)
www.flickr.com/photos/christopheszpajdel/
>>
>>306599
>>306611
Looks like it would be a logo for a techo-stoner-black metal band
>>
Just draw a scribble.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.