[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more creative?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 44f96b49008983.58a83de9378e5.jpg (865KB, 1247x1600px) Image search: [Google]
44f96b49008983.58a83de9378e5.jpg
865KB, 1247x1600px
I've been into gd for a long time, even studied it in high school (multimedia) I'm good at using existing works for inspiration and then base my own designs on them... I want to be able to come up with new stuff but I think I lack creativity.... are there any ways to improve my creativity? Besides taking shrooms or acid that is. Any advice is welcome!
>>
try reading a ton of fiction fantasy type books maybe comics,manga/anime thats what i do its pretty good and sum of the more popular cartoon network shows adventure time,steven universe,gravity falls ect
>>
I don't know if you can induce creativity, but going out and experiencing life can be inspiring
Wouldn't recommend fantasy books or weaboo trash. Develop your own creativity through your perspective on life experiences
>>
>>306441
besides from what the others said you could train yourself, just get a sketchbook and pencil, and try to draw something everyday even for only half an hour a day (it doesn't have to be pretty or even original as long as you make it your own) after a few months you will be way more creative for sure.
i didn't even know that was a thing, a few years ago i wanted to make a logo for myself so i started drawing very small random shapes on an old notebook and before i knew it i was filling an entire page every couple days with original designs, now i have around 100 pages filled with crazy designs and lots of unique shapes, illustrations and lettering or typepography attempts.
also watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgy2uQq7c3w
>>
>>306441
try strealing ideas you like and modify them a lil bit
Works great
>>
>>306446
Autism is not at all creative.
>>
https://youtu.be/VNMPrPyUcnM
>>
The only way to improve is to literary just keep working. Keep materializing whatever idea comes up into your head. Don't think about how much you're borrowing from someone else, it'll just hold you back.

Eventually, after years of creating, and learning different techniques, history, etc., your mind will slowly create a style of its own.
>>
Smoke a bunch of weed
Sleep deprivation
Grab a pencil scribble violently and that scribble into a recognizable image
Any one of these should work
>>
>>306441
steal shit
keep stealing shit
realize what style you like and keep it
>>
File: pokemon.png (119KB, 1200x442px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
119KB, 1200x442px
>>306475
Not entirely true, Pokemon was created by an autistic man
>>
>>306441
Creativity, at its core, is applying past experiences using a technique to create a new product. Innovation occurs when you successfully apply creativity.

There are two main ways to improve:
1. Get more experiences so you have a larger base of ideas to start with (Generally builds as you progress through life, but you can absorb more through books, art, music, etc.) I believe this is frequently called your 'mental library' in visual art.

2. Find new techniques by analysing other designers (How objects are placed, why they are placed).
>>
Great anons, thanks a lot for the advice!
>>
Fine arts, music, poetry. Healthy way.

Weed, hard drugs, alcohol, sex. Unhealthy way.
>>
>>306441
Read books, have experiences out of your routine
>>
File: 1262.gif (250KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1262.gif
250KB, 320x240px
Smoke some gas and pop some tabs
>>
Do shit.
Do lots of different types of shit.
Make your own typeface, design some furniture, make a poster, make a magazine. Go to a life drawing class. Design a house for yourself.

Design experiences bleed into each other. What you learn from doing one thing will help you in another thing. You will reconceptualise your own proccesses and how they relate to what you usually work with. Creativity isn't some magic talent you are born with. It is something you can cultivate. Collect references you like and analyse how they done and why they are done and why you like them.
>>
Go outside

Which I never feel like doing so that's why I'm shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.