[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minimalist Pepe Pt. 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

Remember me? No? I created the "Minimalist Pepe" Design a while back, and it was pretty popular on /gd/. Actually it was so popular that people started stealing it and putting it on shirts, etc. So I ended up doing it myself. ( https://www.redbubble.com/people/tdawgdesigns/works/23851711-pepe-the-frog-flat-design )

I just got the embroidery file for this thing and was wondering, Would it be cool to start some sort of clothing line featuring it? Would there be buyers?

My first idea was to make a "dad hat" and i'm probably going to Lids today to get a test version. Let me know if this is something anyone would be interested in.
>>
will this not work because of pepe being a hate symbol?
>>
How much did you make from Redbubble?
>>
>>306211
>>306207
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHM2FqUfzs

>will this not work because of pepe being a hate symbol?
well is not necessarily a hate symbol, its just a side character on a comic, i wouldn't say it's super popular but normies seem to like it and even katy perry and niki minaj have posted pepe's on twitter.
maybe if you make a collection with different ones and somehow promote the designs but dunno if they will sell or not tbqh.
>>
>>306215
I dunno, man. It would've been neat a year or two ago, but at this point I personally wouldn't risk people thinking I'm a literal nazi just for the sake of wearing/selling an imageboard meme.

Your call, of course. It's a nice design, but I'd recommend moving on to something else.
>>
>>306207
people started "stealing" it eh?

fuck you, man. makin an easy buck off somebody else's art. and not only that but using a character that's already been twisted and appropriated so much that its now more well known as a hate symbol than as Matt Furie's chill ass comic. Its such a normie meme. when people see pepe they think swastikas, and fedoras at this point.
>>
>>306227
harsh, but basically true.

I'm of two minds about the whole "stealing" thing ... Pepe started out as Matt Furie's creation, sure, but it kinda mutated into something that feels more public domain. The problem is, it still feels kinda scummy and cynical to make money off of memes, even if nobody "owns" them.

The only way I'd feel comfortable with this is if you set it up so all of the proceeds when to some SJW cause, like the ACLU or whatever. That would scare away the alt-right morons while also absolving you of the guilt of making money on something that doesn't belong to you.
>>
>>306227
who gives a fuck how my meme is being used. Jizzus. People should learn to chill the fuck out. Hate symbol. The swastikas is from Buddhism, I don't see the Buddhist making a big fuss over it. So why should anyone give a fuck about how Pepe is being used or how it is being "appropriated". Some people are simply fucking stupid and ignorant, let them be.
>>
>>306230
are you willfully this naive or does it come naturally?
>>
>>306229
Just because something is a meme it doesn't automatically remove copyright or ownership.
The birthday song (Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear anon, happy birthday to you), is similar to that shit. Just because it's sung almost everywhere by all sorts of people, doesn't mean that it's still not copyrighted. Places still pay royalties to that shit.

Pepe and his likeness are still owned by Matt Furie, no amount of memery will change that.
>>
>>306232
Actually I should fact check before spouting out shit like that.
Happy birthday is in the public domain now, but it wasn't not too long ago.
>>
>>306232
Well, sure. If Matt Furie gives a shit and is able to track down the guy making these Pepe hats, I'm sure any lawsuit he'd bring would pretty much be an open and shut case.

But I wasn't really speaking of the legal aspect. It was more a philosophical musing of "is this a reasonable, respectable thing to do?" And the answer was still "no, probably not."
>>
>This is OP

I'll admit I shouldn't try to pass it off as my own idea, I'm just saying it's my own design. same way somebody can sell a t-shirt with "fan art" depicting a video game character drawn in that person's style. I think especially in this case because of how "public domain" pepe is at this point I don't think matt furie could do anything even if he did think I was stealing his idea, not that he'd have any reason to.

>>306214
as for this, I didn't really make much. As far as I know only one person bought it. But that's moreso my fault as I didn't really do any marketing for it.

>>306226
The people i'd be marketing it to won't be the general public either, I'm more interested in marketing it to communities that I know would like this sort of thing, and these are people who wouldn't care if someone would think they're a "Nazi".

>>306230
Not sure who you are but for a second I thought you were Matt Furie because you said "my meme". Either way that was my sentiment too, obviously Pepe isn't a Nazi symbol. Not enough people know much about pepe to care, and those that do are idiots who shouldn't matter.

>>306235
I'd like to think my design is "inspired" by pepe and not a direct copy, which is why I think it's OK to use on hats, shirts etc. Besides my version is based off someone's colorized version from 4chan rather than the original comics.

All this aside I see where everyone is coming from. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>306231
Fuck you and your shitty life. Why would anyone in their right mind care about what other people think or do? Does the fucking nazi symbol harm you? Are you a Jewish faggot that is being hunted and miamed? The chances are nobody gives a fuck about you. The only people who cares are the social justice cunts and triggered Jews who never suffered one bit of the Holocaust but somehow feel compelled to bring up that shit and guilt people. If that is what you are, I'm going to give you a heads up, it is people like you who create monsters like them in the first place.

Enjoy your nightmare, it is coming real soon.
>>
>>306256
lol, why are you so mad
>>
File: symbol_of_hatred.jpg (166KB, 639x736px) Image search: [Google]
symbol_of_hatred.jpg
166KB, 639x736px
thank god normies can't use pepe anymore
>>
>>306262
lmao at Meagan' face.
>>
>>306262
Did she censored "Pepe"? REALLY?
>>
>>306372
Probably to prevent alt-right idiots from coming across her tweet while searching for key words.
>>
>>306257
I just like to point out how stupid people are. I am not mad tho. Just pointing out facts. I am very vulgar, but imagine me saying "fuck you" in a soothing deep voice. Close to monotone but more orientated. Very rice mode.
>>
>>306256
lol this faggot mad. please wear this in public so some black bloc motherfucker smashes a bottle in your pimply androgynous face.
>>
>>306262
dang that's a sick pair of shorts. cute design on em.
>>
>>306374
I'd love to fucking know why you are even on 4chan? I think reddit would be more your speed faggot.
>>
>>306641
I'd love to know why you think you and your Nazi buddies from /pol/ own 4chan. gb2 /r/the_donald
>>
>>306642
This. Back to containment board to impotently wallow in self pity, faggots.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 168x192px
>>306262
didn't know old man jenkins is a hate symbol
>>
>>306642
>>306648
Who said I owned 4chan you dumb fucks are pathetic. You are exactly what reddit is you don't like other peoples opinions this isn't reddit so you can't down vote so you just say "gb2 /pol/". You are a child fuck off back to lebbit. No one fucking likes a self-righteous little faggots such as yourselves.
>>
File: 1273440253375.jpg (5KB, 230x172px) Image search: [Google]
1273440253375.jpg
5KB, 230x172px
>>306889
>you don't like other peoples opinions
>
>>
>>306889
>You can't just say gb2 /pol/
>Immediately says gb2 Reddit

Yeah alright my dude
>>
you should call your store "edgy faggotwear"
>>
>>306889
Stay if you want, you low-test sperg. Just know that this is a hostile board. All you'll get here is well-deserved ridicule.
>>
>>306374
isn't she a idiot? for thinking she would ever succeed when she in her feeble femininity can't even recognize the superiority of the altright masterace?
>>
>>306898
>I like other people opinions
>>306374
>OF COURSE someone have to make sure they won't get the diverging opinion, how didn't you think of that?
>>
I'd Buy some Pepe gear
>>
File: FREE Pepe Flat FREE.jpg (170KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
FREE Pepe Flat FREE.jpg
170KB, 1000x850px
OR
You can have this Flat Pepe for FREE
Full size, no watermark, open source FREE
>>
Or how about a Polo shirt, with a small logo on chest, above shirt pocket?

I would buy...
Needs to be a Polo shirt WITH Pocket though,
as I need a pocket in front, for sunglasses or pens or thumb drive, or joint, or laundry room key, or carry a couple bucks, or box of cigs and lottery ticket from 7/11 and shit...
>>
would buy coffee mug if it werent $15
make it half price for people following this thread, then put price back up to normal for those who arent referred by this thread

do it,
>>
>>306915
wow look at you bud!!

haha full size is a vector file so try again.
>>
>>306917

Unfortunately redubble doesn't let me decide the price. The only discount I can give you is 20% off.
>>
>>306211
More like an edgy 14 year olds symbol
>>
>>306907
You think /gd/ is hostile? HAHA
>>
just rebrand it with a new name and slightly change the color scheme

call him Peep the Toad
>>
>>306915
export in png
>>
>>306207
I really want a smug pepe sweater :(
>>
File: lolfuck.pdf (870KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
lolfuck.pdf
870KB, 1x1px
>>306928
Live trace ain't difficult bruh
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.