[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What madness drives a company to replace a perfectly good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Previous vs PD new.png (78KB, 608x300px) Image search: [Google]
Previous vs PD new.png
78KB, 608x300px
What madness drives a company to replace a perfectly good logo with an ugly one?
>>
>>302637
Seems fine, the new one.
The lock would have been more appropriate but whatever. Its overused by now, not to mention long flat style shadows were a seasonal trend.

NEVER use trends in designwork, especially not logos...

On top of all that the lock is ugly. Prefer the new one.
>>
>>302652
Same here, the new one is way better.
>>
I think both aren't particularly good
The first one is unimaginative and the second one doesn't scale and is too generic anyway

sad!
>>
I like that it's consistent across all platforms now, but I liked the old one much better.
>>
i still dont get this
>>
File: igkTHDtMFQHagt8qEyKMS6-650-80.jpg (161KB, 650x2180px) Image search: [Google]
igkTHDtMFQHagt8qEyKMS6-650-80.jpg
161KB, 650x2180px
>>303693
what don't you get you retarded mongloid
>>
>>302637
functionality
accessibility
synergy
moving with the times
>>
>>303716
Yeah, I guess screw-ups are common as a product progresses.
>>
>>303700
this could be better if the top of the orange slice aligned with the green color box next to it.
>>
>>303693
wow didn't even know about this one, brutal. Old logo was so nice
>>
>>302637
one answer. Executives. When you're in a big company you have a team of graphic designers when a concept is thought up for some sort of promotion. All the graphic designers get together and 40 designs are made for a single item. The executives look and vote and unanimously agree to a really good design. Then "Tom" the CEOs son decides he likes the shittiest design there. But due to corporate politics they end up going with his idea despite better judgement.

All it takes is one big wig to say what is good and everyone will follow suit just to brown nose.
>>
File: Coke_US_horizontal.jpg (28KB, 642x343px) Image search: [Google]
Coke_US_horizontal.jpg
28KB, 642x343px
while on the subject of redesigns, can someone explain me a single good thing about changing the logo from vertical to horizontal?
there is no way for them to advertise their product with the full logo showing unless doing some sort of rotation shot (which excludes everything but video content), and they can no longer have that iconic shot of someone drinking from a can with the logo fully visible.
>>
>>302637

the head of graphic department is replaced by new whore.
>>
>>303731
i saw the ads all over town and thought it was some chep brand from a local market
but no it was fucking fanta
>>
>>303777
"Our brand is so iconic that you can recognize any fragment of our logo"
>>
what is the deal with google :(
>>
>>303693
Ouch
>>
>>302637
old one was fucking shit. new one is boring but not as shitty as the original.

>>303693
Interesting change. I'm not sure which I prefer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.