[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I call myself "mediocre" webdesigner now atleast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: coolEffect.webm (162KB, 840x540px) Image search: [Google]
coolEffect.webm
162KB, 840x540px
Can I call myself "mediocre" webdesigner now atleast >.< ?
C'mon, webm related is no longer beginner tier.
>>
File: styyle.webm (191KB, 960x508px) Image search: [Google]
styyle.webm
191KB, 960x508px
>>
header can be centered but text beneath usually is better left aligned.

not bad though. what is your rate?
>>
Still pretty beginner imo.
You can make that in Principle for mac in like 5 minutes.
>>
it's okay but nothing groundbreaking
What bothers me the most is that the animations are there only for the sake of being there.
First I'd ask myself are the animations absolutely necessary, and the one's I'd leave in I'd make much faster.
It seems like a useless extra step to hover on the Buy button to see the price field, too.
>>
Get rid of the animations on the text boxes, they serve absolutely no purpose and actually make the ux worse: you need the user to hover over every one of your boxes to read what's inside them (and even then they're still rotated for no reason at all).

The page's got very little text on it so I don't understand the need to hide the price under yet another animation. Unless you don't want people to see the price that is

In a nutshell, ease off the damn js
>>
>>302604
>>302600
Well. The other 2 cards don't contain as good selling products that only interest a niche demographic, maybe 10% of the traffic. The best seller is centered and focused and thats the product that most people will be going for, so the other cards would be distraction if I moved them to the front.
>>
>>302606
You want people to choose your most profitable plan, then put your most profitable plan beside a shit tier that very few people would want and premium tier that very few people can justify the price for. But you can pull this kind of stuff off only if you provide a clear and easily comparable overview of tiers, without useless animations that serve no purpose and actually confuse the user who has to move the cursor back and forth to read and compare. It generates friction that can be very easily avoided.

Keep in mind that no one really gives a shit about animations. If you're designing for a purpose you have to think in terms of user experience. Unless you're just playing around with js and css3 for the sake of it

Also have a look at the pricing pages of major online services
>>
Yay, another bloated website. Is it 100KB just for that page?
>>
>>302632
Animations don't make sites bloated.
The site is made out of 1 html, 2 css and 1js file. Together like 18kb.

>>302624
Actually, I'm gonna update my site and do exactly that. Thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.