[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i design a logo for water?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 19

File: glass-of-water.jpg (117KB, 515x396px) Image search: [Google]
glass-of-water.jpg
117KB, 515x396px
i literally have to make a logo design for water
the name of the water is "voda voda" which in my language literally means water water
ive had 2 ideas and that's it.
i have no idea what to do and my professor is of no help.
She tells me both of them suck ass and i think so too.
someone please help me out or at least give me some advice
>>
>>301454
also can someone point to like a book or something where i can learn to design good?
im probs gonna need it
>>
>>301457
i already have a few ideas but i don't want to give them to you, maybe just start by collecting inspiration / references after that see what logos similar companies are using and then just start sketching using pen and paper, the water itself is very difficult to portray so maybe just design some monogram with the letters "vv" and add a minimal graphic element or something that suggest water.
also for books on logos just read david airey logo design love @bookzz.org
>>
>>301463
thanks
ill try that if i post some sketches here is anyone actually willing to give me some advice?
if i havent already said im very new to graphic design.
>>
>>301467
go ahead.
>>
File: VodaVoda.png (295KB, 1000x574px)
VodaVoda.png
295KB, 1000x574px
inspiration
>>
>>301548
why is is not mirrored if its a water effect?
>>
>>301557
also i need to design something really original and good at the same time
thats pretty generic
i sketched out some ideas and i think i found a solution
>>
Go super minimal. Maybe just a text treatment. Trying playing with the letterforms. Since it's two words that are the same mess around with using one big letter to cover both words - if that makes sense.
>>
>>301559
i had this idea that the V's are a part of the mountain then the rest of the letters are solid but with like a wave running through them
>>
Maybe avoid clishès like drops and waves. Try doing something with a lake, maybe the lake where they source the water and just do the voda voda in text.
>>
Im no expert but have you tried going with a minimalistic design?
Maybe go with a circle as the shape of water, but try not to use too many colors to imitate water, to go minimalistic chose one color only.
>>
Put your text in a geometric font and use it as a mask for a stylised lake.
>>
File: Voda_00000.png (483KB, 1080x1080px)
Voda_00000.png
483KB, 1080x1080px
>>301641
Like this me thinks.
>>
File: VodaVodaDraft.png (45KB, 462x424px) Image search: [Google]
VodaVodaDraft.png
45KB, 462x424px
>>301454

ive messed around a bit and somehow came up with an idea. Its just a first draft (so pls dont tear it apart) with an idea i had in mind. Hope you like it OP
>>
File: Безымянный.jpg (28KB, 455x461px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.jpg
28KB, 455x461px
>>301454
>>
File: Безымянный2.jpg (9KB, 379x353px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный2.jpg
9KB, 379x353px
>>301454
>>
>>301454
That sounds like a fun brief. You've got a good name to play with too, plenty of typographic tricks you could do with that double word. Start by checking out water and other drinks based packaging design and see where your inspiration takes you.
>>
>>301454
Hey OP, it's sounds like you aren't getting constructive criticism and/or it's time to take a little break from the screen and come back to it. How about posting some of your ideas along with your own thoughts and we can pick at it a bit? Surely you have somethings already we can work with, try not to feel too defeated.
>>
File: ThisOnesOnMe.png (14KB, 942x582px) Image search: [Google]
ThisOnesOnMe.png
14KB, 942x582px
Here's some inspo, OP. My advice is to stop overthinking it.
>>
OP here
thanks a lot for your help you guys ive kind of figured out an idea for the logo
well actually a couple
so t-thanks /gd
feel free to keep posting in the thread though i still need advice
>>
>>301744
OP can u show us your ideas?
>>
>>301788
i dont have them on hand theyre in my schools pc and i forgot my flashdrive
i dont go back to the computer lab until friday
>>
>>301831
update.
i failed.
everyone in my damn class did
except one of my friends
only reason she didnt fail is cause shes the professors favorite.
im fucking livid desu.
>>
rip. have you got a picture of the piece you went with in the end? I'd be curious to see it.
>>
>>301863
its a triple ying yang done with water drops with voda voda over it.....probably could have gotten approved if i didnt do it as badly as i did
im good at illustrator not so much at designing with pen and paper especially cause im a messy artist
>>
know the feeling. oh well OP, good luck for your next project. every failure is an experience to learn from.
>>
>>301865
i need to re do it for next week.
im losing all the motivation of the damn world desu...
ill need to really question my professor this friday.
ill be sure to grad my designs too to show you guys
>>
maybe you can ask him where you went wrong OP?
>>
fuck me sensei /pol/ here to love hitler
>>
/b/tard here too
>>
/fit/ fag watching
>>
/b/tard says
allahu akbar
also i love dick
/gd/ is SHIT
/b/ is HOLY
in cha allah
>>
I like Water
>>
look its ghandi
>>
Yes the water is good
>>
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookooooooooooooooooooooooooo
the person under me is a fag
>>
fuck
the person under me is a lebian
>>
>>301876

I'm a fag :D
>>
The person At the top of me is stupid
>>
>>301878
oh shit
>>
The person at the top of me is really stupid
>>
mister nigger faggot why are you here
>>
404 Error
stop doing this
NOW
>>
>>301886
fuck you
>>
hi
>>
The person at the top of me was a good person
>>
no game no life is best anime
>>
>>301693
nice logo
>>
what the fuck is this some kind of raid?
>>
if it is it's the most pathetic raid I've ever seen.
>>
>>301903
true that nigg
>>
>>301868
tried asking her.
basically got "its all trash try again, im not gonna give you advice cause youre supposed to do your idea not mine"
>>
what a bitch. Oh well. Have a look at some more examples, looking at current like waterbottle logos etc might help a little. but make sure to make it your own. carrying on this thread or making a new one might help. but after all it's experience that helps most.
>>
>>301906
this isnt only designing a logo actually
we needed to make the entire packaging.
which yknow isnt that different
and yea ill try to keep the threads alive
maybe even for future projects.
i learn more from these threads than from school desu
>>
>>301861
should have just stole this one breh >>301693
also put that shit on a mockup. bitches love mockups.
>>
Have one word in a clear liquid font inside of a plastic/glass bottle looking version of the word
>>
>>301644
This is a little too similar to Pepsi in my opinion
>>
>>301454
OP post her result and then yours u won't no balls

you have an issue because you're trying to "think of ideas" but you're trying to think of finished results instead of just shitting things out

design is a process, not an abobe class, its /gd/ and not /ai/

put you "ideas" onto paper, everytime something stupid pops into your head, however small, put it on the page,

draw your shit again with something a little different, and again who cares if you're a messy artist? its not artwork, its thought materialised,
and besides, you'll get better from practising as you do almost every other skill on this planet

before i give you an idea with pic related i gonna say even tho its not ultra og >>301643 is the best executed by a fucking longshot while >>301693 has an okay idea but i wanna suffocate to death looking at it

>>301644 dude learn about "shape builder" my man and carve stuff like that out of an actual circle instead of making a wonky one

>okay about pic related
this is only about a minute of drawing but you can see how a basic idea progresses from being just water, to a waterfall and then taking that falling water and using the two V's as cups and then etc yeah you get the point

when i was in college i used to fucking hate doing anything on paper (it was like half /3d/ as well but) but nowadays it's my goto, try to make it yours as well as it helps out so much

final note if she said what you quote her as word for word then actually get her fired
in most teaching/learning scenarios she should act as your "client" and you could ask her her opinions on shit and she should answer them
i had a guy who while acting as the client tried to actually act like the person we would be doing the work for (not really knowing how to answer questions, talking out their ass, etc) based on his prior experience and we had to note the important info if we stood any chance

good luck in your future projects opperino
>TL;DR honest feedback
>>
>>301991
yea i quoted her word for word
i cant do anything about it but try hard enough where she would give me a good grade out of pity
however tomorrow another design professor is holding our class so hopefully ill be able to ask about shit
thanks for the ideas btw some of them arent even half bad
and 2 even gave me ideas that ill try on illustrator tomorrow
>>
>>302022
also can someone link me to a safe and tested download for illustrator cs5?
>>
are any of these ideas not complete shit?
>>
>>302056
here's some imspo
>>
>>301991
>best logo in thread
>meh
>words with literal jpeg images inside
>now THATS a logo

are you like 60 years old or something?
>>
>>302057
>>
File: voda.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
voda.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>301454

minimalist, light type treatment, liquify one of the words

c Удaчи, тoвapищ
>>
>>302058
actually i like it too
the white water mist fades into the D and O at the bottom...looks nice
>>
>>302062
how tf is that supposed to print in a single color or scale down without loss of detail or scale up without loss of quality or follow any other rule of logo use when its not even vector but literally a fuckin jpeg of a waterfall masked out in some text? am i taking bait on this or do you guys seriously not get fundamental rules of logo design?
>>
>>302063
i never said it was the best son its just the best executed when ppl in this thread can't even make damn circles properly

its perfectly viable to take the overall theme and apply it to the packaging

>>302022
on ya mate again my post isn't about giving you ideas but giving you help to make ur own
>>
>>302063
did not say it was a good logo
i just said i like it and that it looks nice
>>
update on the situation
im just gonna say fuck what my professor says
im gonna do the design i like the most if she wont tell me which one to do
and i will be prepared to defend it as my intellectual property (which i think you also get graded on)
decided im gonna do the idea with the mountain and implement a blue and green color palette to it.
thanks for all the help bros ill keep you posted
>>
made this in photoshop its not well made but the idea is the important part
>>
File: 148996055220265.jpg (20KB, 130x126px) Image search: [Google]
148996055220265.jpg
20KB, 130x126px
Someone please could help me to create the same logo of the photo :(
>>
File: logo-gd.jpg (41KB, 1048x1048px) Image search: [Google]
logo-gd.jpg
41KB, 1048x1048px
>>302378
Not perfect
>>
>>302254
im the dude from before who wrote the text dump

you need to have rationale behind your design

If your teach is acting as your "client" then you cannot really just disregard what they're saying because in the real world your teach would be the one paying you
happy client = easier and more business

>>302350
the fuck is this
>>
File: voda.jpg (99KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
voda.jpg
99KB, 1080x720px
just throwing this out there but with a bit of tweaking you could do something cool with being able to have voda voda read the same upside down
>>
>>302456
yes i realise my sketches are bad and it looks like VOOA VOOA but just use a bit of imagination
>>
File: 20170320_232350.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_232350.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Here's a section on water bottle packaging from a book i was reading called package design workbook
>>
1. Learn about water
2. Sketch ideas from your leaning
4. ???
4. Logo?
>>
whats the best way to color a design on paper?
im thinking ink but im not really sure
>>
>>302527
Unless I'm working specifically on something I plan to scan and use, like an illustration or some shit, I don't even bother. When I do color something, I'm usually using some Prismacolor pencils so I can blend where I need to.
>>
>>302056
Just some random crossboarder thoughts, left to right top to bottom

The second voda looks derivative. It's like a puddle, murky water.

The A and V junction looks kind of sexual. I guess it's because of v - vagina looking like a cup. And there's the penis-water-piss relation too.

Pretty generic.

I'm not sure a tomoe magatama conveys fluidity, specially to those familiar with the symbol. But I think Voda Voda sounds kind of fun, like a mambo line or something. Maybe if it was more cutesy 80s approach to 60s groovy. Like last one. Maybe more glossy, pastel, but then I expect fruit flavor not simple water.

I like the mountain one. Mountain and water symbolize purity, just look at evians logo. The continuous stroke forming the base of the v's puts a clever twist on a classic idea. Then again, it could be said because it is a classic idea there's not much originality to it.

This one is just a retread of an idea executed earlier on the thread, but with ballsacks.
>>
update i finished the project
i did it with ink
i got a C
i think i want to try again but im still unsure if i have the time to.
>>
>>302621
C is a passing grade btw im just not really pleased since i was expecting a B
>>
>>302621
Can we see what you submitted?
>>
>>302909
bump pls show
>>
>>301454
napravi korjen iz vode i to ti je logo
>>
File: IMG_3288.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3288.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Czech Republic?

Longest river is the Elba. Why not do a V separated into two parts by the topographical path of the Elba.

Pic related; kind of like bottom two.
>>
File: DSC_0057.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0057.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Just woke up, saw this thread. Water should be clean and simple, as should the logo for its company. I was thinking the irregular v can both carry the two words and act like a simple hieroglyphic, maybe add some blue lines to denote water around it. Inspiration is from those minimalist sink fountain necks. Where I'm from, the tap water is very clean so you might have a different reaction depend on where you're from.
>>
>>302457
stop trying to tightly bind your font to some geometric rule
>>
>>303503
It looked like the style OP was going for in the thread so I kinda stuck with it. just easier to make the shapes flip upside down too
>>
>>303422
go back to sleep
>>
>>301905
Wow and I though my teachers at school were bad......what the fuck man
>>
>>302028
I can send you one for cc2015

Not totally sure if it's safe though. Had it for couple of months now and no problems.
>>
>>303621
>>302028
nvm fuck didnt save the correct link
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.