[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right gd i come for revenge, I have always liked to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 14

File: 2321.jpg (108KB, 1576x954px) Image search: [Google]
2321.jpg
108KB, 1576x954px
All right gd i come for revenge, I have always liked to make my own GD stuff, I made left logo around 8 years ago, i have been using it for years, until i finally got told its shit and i kind of agree, so i'm trying to come up with something better (right logo), to replace it, but i kind of want to honor LEFT in the process

Its about an energy monitoring company (plug some hardware to monitor energy consumption in real time using phone, tablet, etc. ) any suggestions??
>>
File: 2.jpg (51KB, 829x573px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
51KB, 829x573px
2nd attemp
>>
File: 3.jpg (52KB, 829x573px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
52KB, 829x573px
3rd attempt i just found out this looks like a happy worm farting
>>
File: 4.jpg (54KB, 829x573px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
54KB, 829x573px
anything goes
>>
Your attempts are to busy, they will never look good printed small on letterhead or a business card. The concept is quite nice though. I wouldn't use the building elements, and I also wouldn't use the ball joints. I like how the white stroke pays homage to the lightning in the original logo
>>
File: 5.jpg (56KB, 829x573px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
56KB, 829x573px
>>301293
thanks for the feedback

trying something new
>>
File: 7.jpg (69KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
69KB, 736x672px
a small variation
>>
>>301289
>energy monitoring
>displaying wave signals

also work on your site, dont be afraid to spend some money
>>
>>301299
This is quite good, reshape the "cloud?" so it actually looks good and round.

and please get another font
just pay 20 or so bucks for a good strong font
>>
>>301302
im not sure why i get so much hate with the "Ahorratec" font i personally like it unless you are talking about the lower one "Energy Monitoring" that i picked up at random, kek
>>
File: 8.jpg (54KB, 780x600px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
54KB, 780x600px
>>301302
>>301310
8th attempt i actually like where this is going
>>
>>301313
What did you pick a cloud for again? The microscope is okay but is made worse by the elephant in the room

There is nothing good about the ahorratec font

everything is just so noisy and cannot scale down
>>
File: 9.jpg (55KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
55KB, 720x600px
9th attemp

>>301315
Im assuming the elephant is the font everybody but me hates, im currently looking for alternatives on the ahorratec font, any suggestions are welcome

picked the cloud, since the service uses an website to show the energy consuptions of the users in real time

everything is just so noisy and cannot scale down

>>301315
>everything is just so noisy and cannot scale down
will try to look into this
>>
>>301316
The "Elephant" is the cloud, it's not really doing much and is just filling space, 80% of your users probably won't realise that its related to the website and if they're on the website, then the cloud is just irrelevant

try sketching out ideas on paper, its probably quicker for you, just shit a few out

focus on fonts after your imagery for now imo, how you choose to start looking for typefaces will be sorted out by the feel of your image when you get the concept sorted
>>
File: ex.png (112KB, 880x838px) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
112KB, 880x838px
>>301316
>>
>>301319
thanks anon, when i saw your edit, it really made a big impact on me, all those small changes you did seem to improve it a lot, yellow contrasts alot with blue making it really appealing to the eye, smaller cloud with a bigger emphasis on the name, i really like it

Im a lil worried about using yellow in white backgrounds and prints tho, but i really appreciate your effort anon

>>301317
thanks for the advice anon, i really like to sketch using software like i have been during this thread,

you left me thinking about how to adress this issue do believe you are right, it does not deliver the intended message of the product "online energy monitoring solution to save up money logo"

i kind of think right now feels more like a "climate reseach center logo"

i need to sleep for a while, but ill be back anons
>>
>>301319
what font did you use at the "Energy monitoring" i cant find it its really good

10th attemp, with improved fonts
>>
File: 10.jpg (69KB, 1162x1106px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
69KB, 1162x1106px
>>301343
uploaded wrong file
>>
>>301345
is the same font just add kerning also make the thunder 10% smaller
>>
File: ATEM.png (101KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ATEM.png
101KB, 1500x1500px
>>301285
proposal
>>
>>301352
thats pretty good but at the same time feels a lil bit aggresive (caused by sharp corners) love the fonts, love the concept and i bet it would look great animated (eye opening up, pupil going from small to big and then after a quick wink thunder appears)

If you replace the thunder with a person somehow i think it would be the perfect logo for the NSA

what fonts did you use btw?
>>
File: 12.jpg (132KB, 1806x1388px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
132KB, 1806x1388px
12th attemp using >>301352
color selection, amd making several refinements, i kinda feel itsabit to much round

>>301354

i wonder if we can find a middle point (no so round, not so sharp)
>>
>>301355
Not bad
>>
>>301355
Astronomical improvement over earlier iterations. Scrap the warping and you're golden. (And the vectoring obvs)
>>
>>301285
I hate to be the one to ask. But what program are you using. I'm teaching myself how to use the design programs would like to know.
>>
File: 13.png (91KB, 1517x1173px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
91KB, 1517x1173px
14th, finally vectorized (i was using fireworks kek)

i like it but, i still believe it does not do enough to deliver the message as intended, i just showed it to a friend and he just told me he thinks is the FLASH (super hero) logo

in that regard >>301352 delivers a message way better, unlike my cloud, and yet looks a bit esoteric

i might attemp to do even another logo to find somethign in between these 2
>>
File: screen.jpg (389KB, 2568x1440px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
389KB, 2568x1440px
>>301361
for my sketches (you can do them in a piece of paper too) i use Fireworks its old it was bought by adobe just to kill it (replaced by photoshop), since Fireworks gets little to no support anymore, and the last creative suite just skipped it

as you can see in this thread i just shit out prototipes in fireworks until i like one and then i trace the vectors of the "final version" on illustrator , thats just my personal way to work, other might just work on illustrator right away like >>301352, i usually work on fireworks because it was my 1st graphic design program, so im used to it, and i just use photoshop and illustrator and flash (now adobe animate) when needed,

For vectors (pic related) you can use illustrator or any other vector related program, whenever you do a logo you should try to use as little colors as possible in order to make it easier to print it in several types of stuff, you might want to learn the theory of silk printing, so you understand the why
>>
>>301363
thank you. you seem passionate about it.
>>
>>301354
I used 3 fonts: for Ahorra "Express Black SSI", for TEC "01DigitGraphics" and for Energy Monitoring "DIN 1451 Mittelschrift DB", fiddled with the spacing between the letters to broaden them.

Well, thanks for the flowers - the agressiveness wasn't intended, the yellow dots next to the eye should represent data points. The sharp corners of the eye, well… I didn't wanted to look like the CBS logo, so I tweaked it - as well as not like an icon of an app (the name escapes me), so the only choice to marry data points with the eye was this and the eye represents the all-seeing all monitoring eye. Energy is … you got the idea ;).

Animated you say? Hmm, never thought of that - I always think about the basic message the logo should convey.
>>
>>301362
go ahead, maybe you'll find what you're looking for…

I used Inkscape as a tool for logo vectoring.
>>
>>301352
>>301362
>>301363
>>301393
>>301394
Proposal Anon here again with the monitoring eye. DESU, the magnefying glass is a tad too much, concentrate on the basics, the simpler the better. The screen cap where you perspective warped the "Energy Monitoring", it's gimmickery. State Energy monitoring as a scientific method with a no frills font without effects - that's the reason I chose DIN Mittelschrift DB, it's a font used in germany for autobahn panels and shields for town names.

Regarding "Flash logo" look, yeah - it's unavoidable, I have no idea how to represent energy otherwise… your lightning bolt could also be seen as Captain Marvels logo.
>>
>>301395
Damn, what kinda freaking script is that to replace my "to be honest" with DESU?!
>>
>>301396
one that Moot put in to stop shitposters a while back, senpai
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.