[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say, hypothetically speaking—because this has never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: do-ui-kit-1.png (243KB, 1204x1050px) Image search: [Google]
do-ui-kit-1.png
243KB, 1204x1050px
Let's say, hypothetically speaking—because this has never happened to me, that a potential client emails me requesting a UI for some stupid mobile app of his, since he doesn't know anything about digital design. What's stopping me from using a free UI kit that I've downloaded from the internet, like this one from InVision for instance? I could just change some colors, slap a logo on it and call it a day. Some people don't have many customized requirements. They are free to use in both personal and commercial projects. What's stopping me? Why do these kits even exist in the first place? Who's buying them anyway?
>>
To be fair, there's only so many times you can reinvent the wheel. Using proven and simple UI can fulfill requirements easily and effectively. On the other hand, that sounds pretty scummy. Maybe you'll feel bad? I wouldn't come to 4chan for a moral crisis.
>>
>>301165
just do it. Creativity and inspiration are just word we have to hide behind to let us copy some fellow's work and change few colors and stuff.

No one will never notice you took that UI even his creator. Those are so similar. The wheel example is perfect at that point.

The only thing is a lack of proud for not making it from scratch. Proud doesn't pay bills.
>>
This only proves how useless this niche industry is.
>>
>Who's buying them anyway?

People who aren't designers primarily but need a UI for their app. In the same way designers use pre-built templates to get around coding, developers use pre-designed templates to get around having to design it themselves when they lack the tools or knowhow.

When it comes to designers using other designers' templates as a basis it's more of a grey area. Yes it is copying but at the same time it's a template that's publicly available for use so it's not stealing and original creator doesn't expect to be credited.

Where you fall on the ethical side of things is up to you. Bottom line is clients don't care how you do it as long as they get the work they wanted.
>>
>>301165
>What's stopping me?
nothing really i do shit like that all the time, i just never put them on my portfolio because i know other designers will know and for some reason i care more than i'd like about that
>>
File: aston_martin_concept_by_gleb.png (804KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
aston_martin_concept_by_gleb.png
804KB, 800x600px
>>301165
If the original designer finds out and can prove that you just changed the colors/logo then you and your client are fucked. Other than that I highly doubt that there is much money behind those kind of contracts.

It's better to get clients that pay you a shit ton of money for a perfect and unique UI and UX. Then you not only have a exciting project to work on but also something you can put into your portfolio. Eventually you reach a stage where you can build a set like the picture you posted in two or three days BUT unique and even better. (That's also when you get flooded with mails from other clients or job reqruiters from big companies).

>pic related
Work of someone who is not just copying but built his very own design style and is pretty successful with it
>>
>>301623
>If the original designer finds out and can prove that you just changed the colors/logo then you and your client are fucked.
But the original creator put it up on the internet with CC0, meaning do what you want with it, including commercial work.
>It's better to get clients that pay you a shit ton of money for a perfect and unique UI and UX.
Just... How many times does that happen to you? Honestly. I can't stand this 'unique' adjective anymore. How much more unique do you want a graph dashboard to be? Or a sign-in page? It can only go so far before everything has already been done to death, within hardware and software constraints, of course. Don't tell me you're reinventing the like button each month. How many apps does Tesla need? Does Nike redesign their app every month? How unique can a clothing store be? Or the gazillionth dating app. How many times did Aston Martin create an app for their cars? Probably the first and only time. Possibly by their in-house team.
>>
>>301201
You are everything that is wrong in this industry.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.