[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

company hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

>This position will start on a freelance, trial basis and will develop into a full time position for the right person.
>This is a contract position
>This is a temp position
Why do these companies think they can ABUSE designers like this? I'm applying to places in NYC. Who the fuck are they kidding? NO ONE can survive in NYC on a temp salary or "freelance" contract where they can terminate when at any moment.
>>
>>300648
if you don't have trust fund bux from your parents to prop you up then you should probably let go of the dream of living in a city like New York for now.

It's time to face the fact that this country is an oligarchy. If you're not from old money, you're fucked. Don't expect companies to have pity on you.
>>
>>300652
I should've mentioned i currently do work full time in NYC but looking for a more challenging position. currently work a design/codemonkey job

I just feel bad for these companies. I literally close the tab when I read these. They're alienating everyone with a full time job when they make temp positions. NO ONE would leave their job to work temp. Nobody. It's ridiculous.

Then, I just hope to god they become frustrated at the end of the day when they get all crappy applications because they're too wishywashy to offer a full-time.
>>
>>300648
What angers me the most about said companies is that they'll always keep their reputation intact and they will always have the upper hand and they will always be seen as a demigod and you always have to present yourself with humiliation, because they don't want 'ego people', but 'working people', aka slaves.
>>
>>300654
>they're too wishywashy to offer a full-time.
considering you are obviously newb-tier, most top agencies typically keep skeleton staff until a large project comes along. They wouldn't make enough money if they always have a full staff of talented designers on payroll. And they are more likely to hire a trusted freelancer full time than someone they've never worked with.

Freelancing is great way to survive in big cities, just get yourself into creative circle or similar and they can lineup short/long term work for you. Freelancing is more freedom than it is abuse, you shouldn't be so scared of it. After all, you will have to make the jump eventually if you want to move up and/or make more money.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.