[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't normies like QR codes? They're very powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (22KB, 494x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 494x370px
Why don't normies like QR codes? They're very powerful if used properly...but they're not.

Why is this?
>>
how do you use them properly? as far as I know normies don't bother downloading an app to read them
>>
It's one of those things that works but isn't that useful.

You have to download the app
take the picture
wait for site to come up

ALL TO BE FUCKING ADVERTISED TO
>>
What's the best way to achieve what the QR Code designers originally intended?
>>
I dunno, I've seen a couple of cool uses. In a zine, inside a speech bubble. The qr code led you to an audio file.
Another one, you probably saw- it was being shared everywhere- an outline of the qr code superimposed on a photo of skin. If you color it in accurately, it takes you to the job application for a tattoo parlor.
>>
I've used a QR Code inside an automotive assembly that if scanned, would bring up a lot of useful info on the parts/ part numbers used and needed for replacement. But still only useful to the person smart enough to scan it. Easter egg-ish?
>>
This thread is autistic
>>
>>299903
I use them in the treasure hunts I set up in my local County, links to websites, pictures, information, clues, music.

You are the retard OP, you are not the only one though.
>>
>>299903

>rich normies use iPhones (43.6%)
>Apple hate QR Codes (only available in wallet)
>rich normies not incentivised to use QR Codes
>>
I used to live in japan few years ago and those are very usefull there. Almost everyone use them on ads.

It's mostly about how are user educated and the way they use their phones imo.
>>
>>299903
It's mostly a western thing. In China they use QR codes for nearly everything.
>>
Because its not a standard and a hassle to do.
You have to open certain apps, that is a step too much for the consumer
>>
>>299981
>a hassle to do. You have to open certain apps, that is a step too much for the consumer
And people wonder/complain why machines will take over their jobs.
>>
I think it is mostly not used properly. QR codes are usefull when it's the users property. Like when you go to the cinema, you bought your ticket online, you get a QR Code, the guy at the entrance scans it, you're in.
>>
you're ignoring the fact that QR codes are fucking ugly. but I guess I shouldn't expect anyone on /gd/ to have an ounce of aesthetic sense.

https://twitter.com/mikeysan/status/127516414293721088
>>
>>300500
this
OR if you have a insanely hueg URL you can't expect people to write in their browsers
>>
Because most of the time they're on ads and the code just brings you to a site.
There are a few times were they're fun to interact with, but since thoses occasions are few nobody bothers whipping out his phone.
Advertisement nowadays works by giving people envies. Nobody sees an ad and decide they wanna go to their website and buy something there.
People see an ad and when presented with the opportunity to buy it, the programmed envy in them makes them more likely to buy it.
>>
File: 1325192096183.jpg (23KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1325192096183.jpg
23KB, 515x515px
QR codes are the stupidest idea for marketing yet

>instead using the space to communicate the message
>let's give them a code to decipher
>they just have to have the special decoder ring
>then can we communicate the message
>>
>>300568
lmao this
>>
>>300502
then make a short fucking URL. domains are cheap and plentiful these days now that ICANN has made tons of new TLDs available. no excuse.
>>
>>300603
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>300609
back in the day it used to be hard to get decent domains because you were limited to country specific bullshit like .co.uk or generic stuff like .com, .net, etc.

A few years ago that all changed. See this list if you still don't understand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains#ICANN-era_generic_top-level_domains
>>
>>300618
What does that have to do with anything? If you have a URL that's www.mysite.com/niggerfaggots/assclowns/rape_yourself_immediately.php you don't want people to type that to their mobile browser.
>>
>>300618
>URLs are domains
wew
>>
>>300620
>>300619
are you both literally retarded? you register a cheap, succinct $20 domain that redirects to your long URL so you can put it on your flyers/commercials/billboards/whatever, so that way people don't have to stand around looking like dumbasses pointing their smartphones at your fucking advertisements
>>
>>300632
>buy domain
>pay for hosting
>set up convoluted redirect service
vs
>print a fucking qr code

who's the retard here
>>
File: sHt5q.jpg (40KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
sHt5q.jpg
40KB, 349x642px
>>300633
lmao, owning multiple domains doesn't require additional hosting fees.

okay, okay. you got me. I thought you were retarded, but now I realize you're just a troll. 10/10 gr8b8m8
>>
>>300633
you can add a $15 domain to your hosting plan lol

you dont need new hosting for every domain name
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (26KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
26KB, 300x240px
>>300650
>>300634
right, how foolish of me.. i only have to buy a new domain and set up the retardedly complicated redirect service for something as dead simple as a qr code
>>
>>299983
just give me the url you marketing hipster
I don't want to go through a chibi robo mini game to get a link. It makes bitly links look like a good idea in comparison.
>>
>>300757
there are, like, half a dozen different ways to set up a redirect. they're all very easy to do and can be completely invisible to the end user. there isn't anything even slightly "complicated" about it. you can't possibly be this stupid, can you?
>>
File: SC20170304-004723-1.jpg (20KB, 298x288px) Image search: [Google]
SC20170304-004723-1.jpg
20KB, 298x288px
>>300568
Qrcode allows to keep a lot of characters in a relative small amount of space, and is resistant against degradations so even if a part of the Qrcode is missing (30% max in its securiest form if i remember correctly), it's still readable.
>>
>>300817
still need a decoder ring faggot
>>
you need a program for read it. People want things easy
>>
>>300760
chibi robo reference...hehe
>>
>>299903
iPhones don't have QR readers built into the camera, simple as that. If it was default, like on Android (at least it is in the Moto camera, not sure about the rest), they would be absolutely fucking everywhere.
>>
In English, once you see something written, you can immediately easily type it to at least search for. In Japanese that isn't necessarily the case, and especially older users have trouble with transcribing or remembering Roman lettering as well. Then there's the problem of remembering which transcription was chosen; Toshiba, Tosiba, Tohshiba, Tohsiba, Toushiba, and Tousiba, say, all describe the same Japanese word, and while that one's uniquely coined、 for small businesses you may end up with six different family-named companies, all in the same sector, all using their variant romanization.
You end up needing to take a picture of the advertisement anyway, and the very cheapest "I knocked this up in Word" fliers literally just say to take a picture rather than involving QR codes.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.