[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from the illustration/painting field and I want to reach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1485357613181.jpg (66KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485357613181.jpg
66KB, 500x700px
I'm from the illustration/painting field and I want to reach a more 'graphical' style (pic related). What do you suggest ? How do you graphic designers learn the fundamentals of design ? I learned composition, balance and rhythm but it's not enough. I need some graphic design knowledge to reach my goal.

Also, who are the best in your field /gd ?
>>
File: Elephant tattoo.jpg (107KB, 480x740px) Image search: [Google]
Elephant tattoo.jpg
107KB, 480x740px
more pic
>>
last pic
>>
>>297406
>I learned composition, balance and rhythm but it's not enough. I need some graphic design knowledge to reach my goal.

Those are used in graphic design as well fampai.

Download photoshop and illustrator and learn pen tool. That's the first and most important step into learning 'graphic design'. If you know how to draw, you'll get far.

Just play around with the software until you'll get the hang of it. The rest you need to know is color theory, texture, form, hierarchy, contrast, etc., but I'm sure it's not the first time you see these.
>>
File: Hellboy_Mike_Mignola.jpg (73KB, 563x848px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy_Mike_Mignola.jpg
73KB, 563x848px
>>297406

Look at Mike Mignola's Hellboy comic series.
His compositions are lovely.
>>
>>297410
This is bullshit advice. You don't learn shit about design from using a pen tool.
Goddamn you people always think design only happens in some shitty Adobe software.

OP I suggest you just read a book. Also make sure you want to learn more about actual design because judging from your examples it looks more like you want to learn about illustration
>>
>>297616
imo this anon is right about this anon >>297410
But that doesn't make him right.
You should have a look at posters. Concerts, movies, events. Anything that uses both image and type to convey a message.

Here is a link where youl'll learn about what make good movie posters:
http://fontfeed.com/archives/tag/movie-posters/

And judging by the look of your examples, I'd advise you look into alternative/underground band posters as well.
>>
>>297440
I fucking LOVE Mignola's style.
>>
>>297616
how is it bullshit advice you dumdum?
he said he already knows about composition, balance and rhythm. Combined with the other principles that I suggested, what else is there to learn about design?

He also said he wants to reach a more graphical style. No matter what you want to achieve, you need knowledge about some software. Is there any better point to start than Illustrator?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.