[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What pisses you off as a designer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: KRDniWFNpNWPycQrWVaDDG.png (85KB, 1642x938px) Image search: [Google]
KRDniWFNpNWPycQrWVaDDG.png
85KB, 1642x938px
What pisses you off as a designer? I can't stand people who don't know much about design, but they think they do, and that it's easy to "maek things look pretty".

I mean, I get it. Before learning more about it, I wasn't aware of what a good design is neither. But I hate it when they don't want to listen to someone who knows more and stick to their shitty ideas instead.

I feel worthless in those cases. And they actually make ME feel like a jerk who is trying to act smart and just piss them off, instead of offering help. I feel like a picky autist when I start giving feedback on spacing, typography or colors. The answer is always something like "Oh, these are just details, it doesn't matter much".

Makes me think that's true and that designers really are unimportant in the end.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>296082
Big companies prefer designers by the degree and experience instead of skill. Example: Windows 8 desginer
>>
>>296082
All my relatives are like you described. How to deal with them? I'm also starting to believe that they consider me a bit 'wicked'.
>>
>>296082
>picky autist
I mean that's what all designers are
>>
>>296082
> Makes me think that's true and that designers really are unimportant in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5U54Kgdl4
>>
>"Oh, these are just details, it doesn't matter much"
Nobody replies with that if you can explain your design choices and the final effect on the target demographic.

>waaa I'm good you're bad you have no idea
>I hate people who think they're good
>I feel worthless if they don't accept my suggestions
to be honest mate you do sound like a bit of a picky autist.

Designers are very important. The difference is that a good designer knows how to articulate their thoughts and suggestions, and isn't irrationally emotional or base their self-worth on the people agreeing with them

Not going to make it / 10
>>
>>296111
>Nobody replies with that if you can explain your design choices and the final effect on the target demographic.
That's where you're wrong, since it's not always the case. And sometimes, even if they get it, they don't do anything about it anyway - they don't take it seriously.

Nice projection you got there, though. My bad if it sounded like I'm emotional about it.

>>296108
Kek. Are you a designer?
>>
>>296121
>"what pisses you off"
>"i can't stand"
>"i hate it"
>"shitty ideas"
>"i feel worthless"
>"they make me feel like a jerk"
>"unimportant"
yes, projection. of course.

Let me pop a quick analysis on you. You are:

a) Not very confident in your design choices
b) But you want to convince yourself you know better
c) So you make unnecessary design choices in the hope somebody agrees with you and gives you validation
d) Then they call you out on it
e) And you are exposed for how out-of-touch you are
f) You get upset at how little you know
g) Get angry to defend yourself from your own stupidity

m8, learn from your clients. they are giving you golden gems of knowledge when they reject your designs. don't be so immature and stubborn.
>>
>>296129
Eh, nice try, but you're still wrong.
>>
>>296129
I'm not him, but you need to get off the autism spectrum. Those are merely words expressing someone's feelings. You're over-analyzing it.
>>
Recently got a gig teaching digital design on top of my freelance work.

I'm sickened by the lazy attitude of many of the students. Students relying on shortcuts like image trace or trying to avoid sketching with a pen and paper.

People are quick to mock design and say it's not real work but no one wants to work in general.

Always satisfying when I can inspire a few though.
>>
>ask client for vector file
>client sends me JPEG
>No, client. I need a vector file. AI, EPS, certain PDFs
>client sends slightly larger JPEG
>Client, you're not hearing me. I need a vector file so when I scale this up for print, it doesn't come out pixelated and shitty. The file needs to end in .AI or .EPS. I don't even want to risk you sending a non-vector PDF. AI or EPS only.
>client sends file.ai
>open it up
>layer1.jpg
>client is master troll
>>
>>296188
Lol
>>
Graphic designer reporting in.
Always do what the client wants, but sometimes "accidentally" send a version where you did things your way. I found this as a good way to occassionally redpill the client on how good design looks like.
>>
>>296188
my sides
>>
>>296188
80% of clients are dumbasses at technical matters
you just have to be better at explaining
walk him through the process, step by step
>>
>>296188
Nigger if you know your way around illustrator or inkscape you shouldn't have a problem with vectorizing shit, stop being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>296618
Depending on how complex the picture is it can be pretty time consuming creating a clean vector.
If >>296188 was just getting paid for printing it on a larger scale, why the hell making that effort.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.