[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get started?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: KK.png (2MB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
KK.png
2MB, 2048x1367px
At one point you were a novice, and now you're here. I've been told you can't be taught how to be "good" at art, nor can you practice it. I'm not sure what to believe (I'm not an artistic person, though I love GD, mind you I'm terrible at it), so what do you think?

How did you start? Were you just naturally inclined to art? Did you train from a young age? Was GD your first choice? Do you do it professionally?
>>
>>295103
>How did you start?
i wanted to design a logo for my myself
>Were you just naturally inclined to art?
yes, since i was 7 or so. i would read or watch anything art-related that i could find
>Did you train from a young age?
sort of when i was at hs i used to draw tons of logos from clothing brands and cd booklet illustrations like pic related
>Was GD your first choice?
not really but i wanted something creative even as a hobby
>Do you do it professionally?
kind of i'm making some money by freelancing but i'm also studying computer science so i'm still not sure which one to pick and even if i pick cs i'll probably still do some gd on the side
>>
>>295103
I started designing and drawing and I just didn't stop, doesn't matter what age you are(assuming you're not like 40). The key to getting better at anything is just not stopping and not posting on shitty online boards.
>>
Of course you can learn to be good at art and practice it! Anyone can. The more you consume it, the more you do it, the more attention you pay to it, the subtler and more refined you get at expressing yourself. I would be careful when comparing art and GD though. They have some crossover obviously but intentions are entirely different.

I am a late starter to /gd/ (24 years old), after falling far the rhetoric of my schoolteachers (go uni in something academic = be successful). Training now to hopefully be employed professionally by the year.
>>
bampu
>>
bumpan
>>
>>295103
>How did you start?
Since the mid-90s I was always fascinated with how the web worked and how to design web sites. So I learned some HTML and used Photoshop to make random web site designs and code them manually. Eventually started doing other stuff with Photoshop and started designing business cards and flyers. Got interested in printing, went to school for Graphic Communications, then got a job as a graphic designer for a screen printing shop. Understanding print production definitely helps you as a designer.

>Were you just naturally inclined to art?
Have always been fascinated by it.

>Did you train from a young age?
Started designing at maybe around age 12, I'm now 30.

>Was GD your first choice?
Started with an interest in web, then print production.

>Do you do it professionally?
Yes, I currently oversee a team of six other designers with my in-depth knowledge of print, web, video, motion graphics, social media, marketing, and publishing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.