[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When simplifying things, how do you know what details to keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: alfred-hitchcock-presents.jpg (263KB, 670x902px) Image search: [Google]
alfred-hitchcock-presents.jpg
263KB, 670x902px
>>
no idea senpai, no idea.
>>
>>294723
K thanks
>>
>>294721
To begin with if it's a "detail' then it's not essential and doesn't belong.

General the idea of simplifying things is presenting just the essence of something, the essential. The thought of it being obtained through reversing its production is missing the point.

The first thing you do when designing that captures the intent IS the simplifying. The details just follow along. So simplifying is stopping just short of adding the details. It's not a matter of omitting something, it's a matter of knowing what's enough, when to stop.

The better question is:

What's essential?

Or, What is the essence of the design? Essence of its intent?

This is why basic art skills like drawing are so important, because drawing's formal qualities do just that, design from the essentials.
>>
>>294721
graphic translations
look it up
>>
what >>294733 says is right, i suppose. I would add, that a method of 'simplifying' could be, looking at the base object with squinted eyes" to see what the most prominent features are visually. Also, you could look at carricatures, which take the most iconic parts about a face and overextend (not a native speaker, sorry) on them.
>>
Having a background in drawing helps.
>>
>>294721
Gestalt Design theory is where all graphic designers should start

http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/gestalt-theory-10134960
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.