[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you get freelance gigs? Looking for more resources.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
Where do you get freelance gigs? Looking for more resources. Has anyone had any luck with services like Fiverr?

Specialize in branding, vector illustration and web design, photo retouching.
>>
>>294600

Garbage, Pure garbage. If you want to waste your money on shitty logos that are used and stolen from basic bitch templates, then this site is for you.
>>
Dude, if you really 'specialize' in those very high-demand areas, why would you even be looking for websites like this? Set up an instagram, a website, go contact brands directly.
>>
>>294656
No, not buying creating. I've been away from design for a year and I'm looking for a few jobs to update my portfolio. You're right 90% of everything on sites like this are garbage, which is why I asked if anyone has had luck with services "like" this. I've worked with placement agencies in the past like the creative group. I'm just refreshing the portfolio before I start submitting for a new full time gig.
>>
File: v913Jwgm.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v913Jwgm.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>294659
>design
>in high demand in any way, shape, or form
>>
>>294671
You're mistaken bud. If you treat design like a subset of marketing (correctly) and not like art (incorrectly), it is easily one of the most in-demand services you could provide.
>>
>>294679
>If you treat design like a subset of marketing (correctly) and not like art (incorrectly)
>If you treat design like a subset of marketing

wow you really don't know shit about anything.
Design is infinetly larger than marketing.
>>
>>294693
I've done interactive for years. I fucking hate it. I love illustration and branding. Currently looking for something in Central Texas. Like I said I've been out of it for about a year and just trying to bring my portfolio up to speed. Going to edit down my resume and simplify things.
>>
>>294663

Here's the problem with Fiver. It's making graphic designers look bad by making clients think that graphic design is an easy peasy job that anyone can do it, not realizing the hard work is put into it.

Don't even bother doing scam sites like this.
>>
>>294693
When talking about brand design he is correct.
>>
>>295063
>hard work
>design
>>
>>295066
are you on the wrong board?
>>
>>294600
I do Illustration/photomanipulation and graphic design.

I used to use elance a fair bit a couple of years ago when I was still getting my name out in a new city and didnt have any kind of client base but gave up on it after a few months because I spent far more time scrolling through endless pages of shit jobs with shit pay to even find ones i would bother writing a proposal for and then id only actually get work from less than 10% of the proposals I put out.

I did get ONE really cool project that actually paid what it was worth in the months I spent chasing pennies on there but generally not worth your time IMO
>>
>>294693
You're SO cute!
>>
>>295066

Prime Example right there. Assholes like this anon who think it's easy. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>294600
>>294663
I remember some guy tested the service once - every design he got was a ripoff. The designers are teenagers and 3rd worlders taking some stock vector graphic and slapping some text on it.

It's like asking if an industrial butcher job will get you into a Michelin star restaurant.
>>
>>294600

- Having social skills and getting contacts often with coworkers or friends, giving them your cards and shit

- Having a website, behance, dribble and a fiverr and marketing yourself on social media

- Get a blog and try to be social on other design blogs so you get recognized

- Make a youtube channel and upload videos of design so you can get exposure

- Hire google adsense so your website offering your services will appear #1 on google

At the end, there's no magical website that will spam you with clients, it all comes down to marketing yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.