[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one go about landing a job as a graphic designer for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: popeyedec15.jpg (44KB, 481x620px) Image search: [Google]
popeyedec15.jpg
44KB, 481x620px
How would one go about landing a job as a graphic designer for a japanese magazine? In my last year of HS I did my 3 board design portfolio about my own magazine. Now
im nearing the start of my graphic design course which will just give me a diploma and im just trying to think ahead. I really like the style I see in a few japanese mags I have.
>>
File: 34534534.jpg (67KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.jpg
67KB, 500x461px
>>292032
>How would one go about landing a job as a graphic designer for a japanese magazine?
To start up with, living in Japan wouldn't hurt...
You will grow out of being a weeaboo eventualy though.
>>
>>292038
I don't even watch anime dawg.
What I meant by I like them was the style in Jap mags, mainly fashion and lifestyle ones like Popeye, Woofin and The Day. I really like the articles these guys come out with as well as their design style and working along with them could be smth really cool imo.
Like mentioned, thinking ahead
>>
>>292052
>What I meant by I like them was the style in Jap mags, mainly fashion and lifestyle ones like Popeye, Woofin and The Day.

Those are ultra-influenced by western magazines. You only know the japanese ones because you care about japanese lifestyle (and you browse those /fa/ scan threads). And you care about japanese lifestyle because you're a fucking weeb.
>>
>>292063
Ok, then recommend me the western mags that influenced them so I dont have to go through the trouble of learning another language
>>
File: weeaboo jones.png (292KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo jones.png
292KB, 469x469px
Have you ever even travelled to japan before? I suggest you do >>>/trv/japan
If you don't know the language your gonna have a bad time living there permanently.
>>
>>292032
Japan fucking sucks, man. Take it from someone whose been there and done that. The japanese, like the chinese, mainly ape Western concepts and techniques but they don't have a real scene. The West is still where it's at. More specifically London. Just appropriate japanese style that you like and incorporate it into your work. You won't really get anything new form visiting japan.

Also, getting work in japan as a designer is hard. Getting work as a foreigner designer is damn near impossible. You'd need contacts on the inside to vouch for you. It's a totally non meritocratic society, it's all about connections.
>>
>>292380
Damn damn, thanks for the feedback anon
>>
>>292032The title that say's popeye. What font is that?
>>
>>292066
This... Fuckboi didnt ansswer because he didnt wanna help just criticize
>>
>>292415
It was made for Popeye by a Japanese art director of magazines, Seiichi Horiuchi
>>
>>292499

Oh, That's a bummer. I was hoping there was a font already made for this. Damn. :/
>>
>>292485
he helped op realize he was being a fucking weeb. Thats infinitely better than a magazine for him to ignore because it didnt have manga in it.
>>
>>292066
not him but

032c
Another Magazine
i-D
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.